Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #176
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimaru
This girl always calls me an emo when I walk by...It's gotten pretty annoying. Luckily, she left her purse out by accident the other day so I poured out all of her foul smelling paris hilton and Brittany spears perfum.
What the fuck is wrong with you?

How would you like it if someone just trashed all of your makeup, or dyed your black clothing pink because they didn't like you?

She might call you names, but that's no reason for a childish display of destruction of private property.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:43 PM   #177
kimaru

I know it was childish...but she stole my shoelaces once, I couldn't wear my shoes...

Yah thats not really a good excuse...Normally I wouldn't even dream of doing that kind of thing, but I haven't really been myself lately.
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:45 PM   #178
badteccy

Wow, that was fucked up Kimaru...wouldn't you rather be the better person?
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:52 PM   #179
Chazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
The only two of those I liked were the tourists since their comments were out of innocence and not ignorance.
Where do I begin..

Oi Wanker! Halloweens next month!

Is that stuff hot?

Well I say I believe that young man is a goth.

You have lots of metal shiny stuff on.
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #180
Stormtrooper of Death

People just look at me funny. I really don't give a damn.
Stormtrooper of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:57 PM   #181
kimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Wow, that was fucked up Kimaru...wouldn't you rather be the better person?
I usually am the better person, but I kind of snapped on wedensday...I mean on your birthday you are supposed to have a good day and I had my shoelaces stollen, my bus broke down, someone ran into me and I scrapped up my knee , and I pulled a muscle in my arm in gym...
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 04:35 PM   #182
Angels&Absinthe

I was soooo mad though because of what one guy said to me. I'm amused 99.9% of the time, but when someone who I'm on good terms with insults me... well. We are no longer on good terms anymore

On Halloween we get civvies, which I thought was funny cause usually I get the 'It's not Halloween!' calls. So I go to my religion class, and my neighbour sits right behind me. He is gay and works at Le Chateau and is REALLY cocky.

So it came up randomly that I wasn't in costume, and I always where that kind of thing, and he goes 'That's your civvies? God, like get $600, come to Le Chateau, and I'll buy you a whole new wardorbe'. And really, his tone... I haven't really liked him since then. It was amazingly rude. Annnywayyys I just said 'Excuse me? If I liked your clothes, I'd wear them. Mind your own fucking business'.

And to Kimaru.... I think it's funny. Mean, and I wouldn't do it to someone, but funny nonetheless.
Angels&Absinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:46 PM   #183
spoon!

Up till high school, the one thing I had to deal with was somebody calling me "Urkel", mostly shouted by a lot of the hicks in my town. Haven't heard it in years, but if someone were to shout it now it wouldn't bug me anymore.
spoon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #184
lilacgoddess

" AAH! It's the dead walking"- someone I don't know

I really have not had too many experiences in this manner. However, I do believe it takes an extremely strong person not to react to such crude and malicious behavior. Now I do, on the other hand, think that a little toying is necessary with humans such as these that would try to make others feel so low(naughty, naughty humans!). Humor is also a necessity when dealing with this. And perhaps a good imagination.....................
lilacgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:19 AM   #185
prophecyofdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacgoddess
" AAH! It's the dead walking"- someone I don't know
If that wasn't said in a malicious tone, I would've taken it as a compliment Even if it was said meanly, I prob. still would have... That's the look we're going for, isn't it?

Help us to be the always hopeful
Gardeners of the spirit
Who know that without darkness
Nothing comes to birth
As without light
Nothing flowers
-May Sarton
prophecyofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:16 AM   #186
silverbaal

My favorites:

"Hey...Nice tits".

"Work it!" (As in, "Move your ass", I presume).
silverbaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:29 AM   #187
Breathless Horror

Most recent one: "Hey freak! Got any pot?"...Damn chavs...

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:40 PM   #188
grauenacht

"He's scary..."
"I know!"
*laughs*
-Two elitist emo/fashionxcore girls from my high school.
It's sad really, because their own choice of alternate fashion and ideals (if they have any) don't sway them from behaving in the same ignorant fashion as any fratboy, chav or whitehat.
grauenacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:51 PM   #189
GothicChristian

Last year, eighth grade, just after finishing anger management:
"Why are you so f****** emo?" asks some poor ignorant fool.
"Umm... dude," began his friend nervously,"you might want to run, she freaking knocked some kid out last year for asking that."
"That's because she's goth, not emo." the third friend stated solemnly before running down the hall, his friends following closely behind.
(Quite an interesting instance, I stared at them like the morons they were and walked away)

Last year, eighth grade, just after before anger management:
"Why are you like, such a freak." asked the preppiest, snobbiest girl in middle school.
"Yeah, and what's with the purple hair, Violet?" her friend continued.
"Violet?" I replied with a scoff, "That's the best you could do?"
I continued by giving them suggestions for better insults, another interesting instance.
GothicChristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:04 PM   #190
alshio

Occasionally people do say nice things abput what i'm wearing, but mostly I have creepy/drunk people strike up conversations with me. Take today for instance. I was waiting at the train station when a guy walked up to me and said:

Him: Your top. It's really pretty.
Me: Thanks.
Him: It is... and it matches your...(he pointed at my feet - it it wasn't till he left that I realised he was pointing at my bag which has a bit of blue on it)
Me: Err...thankyou
him: I was reading a book today and a girl was wearing a pink one of them, It was really pretty. I hope Jesus can make more of them....goodbye. Goodbye Girl.
In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed – they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo, Brunelleschi, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.
- Orson Wells

Last edited by alshio; 11-18-2007 at 10:05 PM. Reason: spelling
alshio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:14 PM   #191
Paigeybobert

I've been called a dyke goth. :[
Paigeybobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:51 PM   #192
~Angel_Of_Darkness~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
But on a less funny note, I get harrased on busses, and streets, two Christian people came up to me to save my soul, as well as random creeps who think it's ok to sit next to me and lecture me.
Same here. My family tries to force me to go to church and whenever that fails, my grandmother brings all her stupid church friends by the house to pray for me. Like WTF...
"And as always, innocent like roller coasters. Fatality is like ghosts in snow and you have no idea what you're up against because I've seen what they look like. Becoming perfect as if they were sterling silver chainsaws going cascading......."
~Angel_Of_Darkness~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:21 AM   #193
Minyaliel

I get a lot of funny/ interesting comments, not only because of my clothes but also because, being an archer, I have to carry my bow and archery equipment with me through the entire city centre to get to the shooting grounds. The funniest/ strangest/ most often heard comments I can recall off the top of my head include things like

"Hey, Cupid, shoot an arrow at me, will ya?" (Random guy outside a bar. My reply: "Yeah, sure, but I'd better warn you that this kind of love REALLY hurts... It's a real killer...")

"WOOOHA - now, are you Morticia Addams or Robin Hood?" (Fat guy at the market square)

"SAAAAATAAAAAN...!!" *growly pseudo- black metal voice* (some prep)

"Mommy, look at the pretty vampire!" (Cute girl)

"You look like fucking Eli Hagen!" (a former classmate commenting on my hawk. By the way, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli_Hagen & http://gfx.dagbladet.no/pub/artikkel...1163624612.jpg. I was rather offended at that...)

*frightened stare, whimper* Uh... ehm... *backs away slowly, then turns around and runs away* (A new employee at my favourite thrift store)

"Hey, burned any churches lately? Say, where do you keep your gasoline?" (Some stupid jerk)

"Going to a carneval?" (A middle- aged lady in a mall)

"Are you a punk?" (Someone commenting on my hawk)

"EMO!!!" (Gods, that's getting old.)

"Gods, how eccentric..." *stare* (Two ladies talking behind my back at the bus stop. Yes, I was wearing a particularly outlandish outfit that day - I still think it was pretty.)

"Are you into Satanic Metal?" (A preacher guy. I didn't know whether to laugh or sob.)

"JESUS LOVES YOU!!" (An old teacher of mine. My reply: "Yeah, love you too. Now, could you please help me with this song or are you just going to stand around all day?" Yup, I was a bit grumpy after a long day...)

"Are you a Satanist?" (Some dude. My reply: "As a matter of fact, yes." Then I left him standing there, his eyes seemingly popping out of his sockets and his mouth wide open in surprise. LOL.)

"Can I touch your hair/ sides of your head?" (From the time when I still had my hawk and an undercut. I usually said yes, as being petted that way seems to have a relaxing effect on me.)

"Have you seen Jesus?" (A Jehova's Witness) "No, haven't seen him all day. Tried to look for him around the coffee machine?"

I also often seem to fall into conversations with odd, and often rather fascinating characters in random locations, which I find to be a rewarding plus. I often get lots of compliments, like some of the other posters here, from old ladies, oddly enough. But then again, I do love my vintage clothes, which are, if not made by myself, usually heirlooms and antiques from older relatives and deceased relatives and friends of the family, aswell as the odd gift from this nice lady who owns the house my family usually rents during summer vacations in Germany. She used to have this antiques shop before she got too old to manage it, and she still keeps some wonderful stuff in her attic.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:27 AM   #194
Hackman

Mostly the people who comment me are old people, homeless people or children. Some of my personal favorites are:

"Excuse me young lady you have something on your face" Old woman, didnt know her.(about my lip ring, also im a male)

*blank stare, followed by crying* little girl in a church recreation group.

"Hi Jesus" Homeless man, i think he was on drugs(i was wearing my Tae-Kwon-Do outfit)

"Damn kids" Redneck in a truck, i was alone.

*slaps but* "Hey, can i get your number, i know that fat chicks need love too" Some guy in a mall (i turned to him, his eyes dialated as soon as he saw my beard and said "Ill give your sister a call then" *wink*)

Its late and those are all thats comming to mind
Hackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:54 AM   #195
PersephoneX

The scariest night of my life, i was thrown out of my friend's house at 3am, by his catholic mother. I was drunk, like everyone else. I was walking around a not-so-safe area with my docs in my hands.

A guy was trying to break into cars he started following me calling me Mary Magdalene and threatening to do some pretty gross things to me. Luckily before anything got scary, Ferret came out of no where and made the fuck off.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:07 AM   #196
~onyxmoon~

Location: in my own lil fantasys involving vampires! naahh i live in vermont..unfortunatly.
well the most pathetic thing i have heard was
"omg..i think i just saw a ghost..oh no wait it was a goth!"
~onyxmoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:30 AM   #197
DeathToLems

I'm still waiting to hear whispers behind my back.

One day I was walking out of chav town (my bf unfortunately lives in there, hes not a chav btw) and this black guy calls out to me
"i like your trousers"
I happen to be wearing my bondage pin stripes with loadsa zips on them. I smiled and said thanks.

Then another day I'm wating in line at eh shop and this black guy looks at my face and says
"chea you got your eye brow done too" and he points at hes.
I just smiled and nodded
"it looks really good on you" he continued.
"heh thanks"

Walking at night into chav town two young chavs girls and a chav boy walking towards me starts saying
"I thought girls were meant to have small feet"
I didn't know whether to correct him that they are not my feet its just the size of the boots or just keep walking.
I kept walking. *remembers when I was young* if you ignore them they will go away.
lol
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:02 AM   #198
Smile

Ex-friend: Do you cut yourself?

Me: Yeah, once, why?

Ex-friend: You're too Goth for your own good.

Me (in my head): Go suck your mom's titty!

92% of kids in America turned to rap.
8% stayed true to rock
If you are part of the 8%, put this in your signature.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:23 AM   #199
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacgoddess
I do believe it takes an extremely strong person not to react to such crude and malicious behavior.
In my opinion it's quite the contrary, I don't usually react because either nothing funny or malicious to say crosses my mind (and for some reason it occurs to me randomly a couple of hours later >_< I hate it when that happens) or I'm too scared or freaked out to respond.

This sort of threads are terribly funny ^_^ I love them XD
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:36 AM   #200
Delkaetre

Was wearing my little silver bat choker (I wear it everywhere) whilst waiting for a bus, and a slightly drunken guy comes up to me and asks if I like batman, because I'm dressed all in black and I'm wearing a bat.
Next day, walking towards the Tube station, I pass the same guy, who greets me with 'hey, batgirl!'
Haven't seen him again since then.
It was kinda cool, in an odd way.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote