Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-03-2006, 03:03 AM   #1
emeraldlonewoulf

kilts....

so, i found this site for Utilikilts and thought they were awesome. I think kilts on guys of the right build and/or demeanor are freakin' sexy. not to mention, if i had an extra $150 sitting around i wouldn't mind getting one for myself, it isn't often you can find something with that much style that's comfortable and actually has decent pockets. ( i positively refuse to get roped into carrying a purse everywhere)

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:04 AM   #2
emeraldlonewoulf

and i mean this thread to start a discussion of kilts, not as shill....

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 04:54 AM   #3
Rizash

unfortunately kilts are a bit of a social taboo these days... in HS one or two people wore them as a result of a lost bet, etc.... but thats about the extent of their use around here. And of course... they pick up the "negative aura" of being used as a penalty... or seeming femenine... and somehow people just stop even concidering them.... Not sure how it is other places, but its like wearing a kick me sign here... people are weird.
Rizash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #4
c130

Pshhht. Kilts rock!

I prefer more traditional-coloured tartan kilts to those plain coloured ones, but the actual style of those is quite nice. The sporran always makes the wearer look a bit too formal for me, like you're on your way to a wedding, so it's nice to see those made to be used without one. You'd probably be best wearing a shirt with those, and you could probably pull off a more elaborate shirt than a boring corporate/uniform one. It'd be a good excuse to buy a frilled poet's shirt if you were so inclined to try that style. Also you could go a bit wild with your belt buckle, with that outfit.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:38 PM   #5
Pyre

I have two plaid Irish skirts from when I was around the age of 7. I think the green one is really cute, though it used to be my sister's. She has since given it to me. Mine is white with red and black lines. Maybe I will dress up and take pictures one day :x

Oh, the relevance of this was the fact they look like kilts :x

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
insertwittyname

Okay. Get this straight. Men in skirts are HOT. Skirts are flattering on men. So kilts=good. Which is why one of these days I'm gonna by a kilt for my hippy. ^.^ By the way, I've asked many other high school girls. We all agree. Men in skirts=angels sing. *to my hippy if he reads this-you are hotter*
Old 12-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #7
Pyre

Who is your hippy? o.O

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 12-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #8
insertwittyname

My boyfriend. Has longer hair then me, is blonde and blue eyed. Against drinking, drugs, smoking, fighting/violence, harsh words. Hippy in black leather. That's him. ^.^
Old 12-03-2006, 04:27 PM   #9
Pyre

I love him already. Let me know if you two ever split up

Old 12-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #10
insertwittyname

If we split up I'd still want him for myself. *tear* I love my hippy.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:54 PM   #11
Pyre

:P Post pics d(-^) I want to see what your hippy looks like. I have always wanted a hippy like that. I guess that's part of why I love metal, all the long-haired men. . . Delicious.

Old 12-03-2006, 08:45 PM   #12
PersephoneX

i have a kilt. it took ages to get the tartain in this country and longer to find someone to make it for me. needless to say, it fits like a glove but it makes my ass look HUGE and poofy.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #13
Pyre

And hella extra breeze in places where the "sun don't shine".

Old 12-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #14
Elliot

Hey, if they're an excuse not to wear underwear, count me in
Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #15
Pyre

It's not as easy for females to go pantyless as it is for guys.

Sure, it may seem sexier, but if you knew what REALLY went on down there during the day. . . One might think otherwise.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #16
PersephoneX

Charming...
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #17
Draconysius

I don't know about kilts, but I LOVE skirts, especially the long ones. I only have one in my closet, but I save it for the most formal of occasions. It's a long, black, crushed velvet skirt that I got on eBay. If you don't think men look hawt in skirts, do me a favor and look at this picture:
http://www.hashbro.com/img/argh-nooo...le-goths-t.jpg
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:45 PM   #18
Kassindrya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
If you don't think men look hawt in skirts
I've been trying to persuade people around meof that, but it doesn't work well so far. = (
Kassindrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:54 PM   #19
bjork_freak

I wear a traditional Scottish uniform for band performances and I <3 my kilt. I would like a shorter one though. Kilts over jeans look pretty sweet.
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:57 PM   #20
bjork_freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersephoneX
i have a kilt. it took ages to get the tartain in this country and longer to find someone to make it for me. needless to say, it fits like a glove but it makes my ass look HUGE and poofy.
Funny you should say that. When I march, the players behind me always comment on my "nice ass".
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote