Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 05:51 AM   #1
edible_eye

edible_eye

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

i'm a father, primarily to three kids. and a husband to an awesome wife who stays home with them - she really is awesome.

i make money being a psychiatric nurse at two, separate psychiatric emergency rooms in boston, ma. i evaluate, maintain and care for those unable or unwilling to care for themselves - ain't nothing in the world like staring into the psychotic eyes of a homeless, schizophrenic who's hearing voices, telling him to kill you while you're trying to get over the stink and knowing full well you're moments away from grappling.

i contact families of trauma victims (stabbing, shooting, automobile accidents) and counsel them through the e.r. trauma process and death should it occur. i deal with drug abuse and addiction, alcoholism, r.ape victims and the procedures and contacts and referrals following such an event, including contacting and informing the police if requested.

hobbies - reading, writing, whiskey and women. i also enjoy camping quite a bit.

and, of course, i waste a lot of time moderating and flirting on this little slice of cyber-life called gothic.net.

2. Where are you from?

i'm from new york and new jersey, for the most part. i've also lived in massachusetts once before and now again. i've moved close to 25 times throughout my life.

3. Who is your favorite author?

stephen king is my god. that man has dominated every form of media and somehow retained some degree of his humble roots. i admire that.

i also enjoy dennis lehane, thomas harris, clive barker, robert mc cammon, jeck ketchum, michael crichton, and a scattering of other authors.

4. What are your favorite films?

1.) braveheart
2.) spiderman 2
3.) rocky / rocky 3
4.) jaws
5.) star wars / empire strikes back
6.) a bug's life
7.) first blood
8.) spiderman
9.) batman begins
10.) raiders of the lost ark
11.) close encounters of the third kind
12.) sling blade
13.) lost boys
14.) patton
15.) the crow
16.) ... all b movies ...

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

we chose 'love of a lifetime' by firehouse. also, 'never let you go', by steelheart.

let the flaming begin...

6. At your funeral?

probably something by type o but i'm not sure which tune. bah - just play the 'october rust' album. whoever wants to hang out and drink whiskey while it plays - so be it.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

i'd rather not die, but since i eventually must - in my sleep.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

heh. doesn't matter. probably one that would disintegrate rapidly so my corpse is able to rot more efficiently. either that or i'll be cremated.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

i don't really have a favorite. 95% of what i own is black, so i guess i could say black is my favorite color to wear. i also enjoy adding accoutrements - wrist bands, rings, spiked bracelets, chained belts, chained wallet, spiked dog collar, head wraps, fingerless gloves, boots, etc.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

playing with my sister in the fantasy worlds we created.

freedom to imagine without the crushing burden of reality weighing in.

11. What's your favorite band?

type o negative.

others include - pantera, machine head, marilyn manson, testament, slayer, (old) anthrax, (old) metallica, motley crue (i grew up listening to these guys), poison, nuclear assault, stormtroopers of death, overkill, white zombie, rob zombie, ozzy osbourne, iron maiden, the soundtrack to braveheart, just about all classical music, trance music - usually hard trance, and i've been known to slap in some john denver, creedence or grateful dead while camping.

i enjoy compilations as well - i have several thrash metal / death metal compilations although i can't remember the names of any of the artists.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

a four year degree in psychiatry. a two year, follow up degree in nursing. a year of graduate school, degree not completed.

13. Why did you join?

probably because the pic thread was filled with hot, fuckin' goth-girls. i don't remember. all i really remember from back then was getting into a fight with maelstrom and tstone about michael moore. everyone jumped on my back - and it was fun.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:42 AM   #2
edible_eye

i'll take my shoes off if you will also. we can play footsie while we share that beer.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:05 AM   #3
edible_eye

Old 02-26-2006, 08:21 AM   #4
WolfMoon

HELLOOOOO NURRRRRRSE!!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 08:22 AM   #5
WolfMoon

Hey, I need a check-up.

Can you do my vitals?
Old 02-26-2006, 08:34 AM   #6
edible_eye

and a few pics, for visual reference...

when i first joined...

and me today...

and the larger version of my avatar...

Old 02-26-2006, 08:36 AM   #7
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Hey, I need a check-up.

Can you do my vitals?
yes.

please strip down, bend over, grab your ankles and take a deep breath.

this won't hurt me a bit.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:39 AM   #8
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
yes.

please strip down, bend over, grab your ankles and take a deep breath.

this won't hurt me a bit.
But I want it to hurt.

*pouts*
Old 02-26-2006, 08:41 AM   #9
edible_eye

fair lady -

i just said it won't hurt me a bit. i made you no promises for your own well-being.....
Old 02-26-2006, 08:44 AM   #10
WolfMoon

Okay, as long as I can limp a little bit afterward.

Old 02-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #11
edible_eye

thanx, beautiful. "meeting" you online... the pleasure's been all mine.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:51 PM   #12
edible_eye

cumming.........
Old 02-26-2006, 01:02 PM   #13
Jane13

Hi-yah, E_E ^^ This forum reminds me of trading cards.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 02-26-2006, 01:06 PM   #14
Godslayer Jillian

Oh, yes. I've always wanted to read your introduction

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #15
edible_eye

hiya, jane. always good to see ya, little bud.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:56 PM   #16
edible_eye

thanx, jillian.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:02 PM   #17
edible_eye

... guilty as charged, pretty girl.

guilty as charged.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:56 PM   #18
Pathogen.

Welcome again, bro. I'm orignially from New York, too. Biggest scariest place in the continental U.$., made of 5 boroughs. Spent the 1st 9 years of life there. Can't stand the place now. And you're an oldschool Metalhead!! I knew there was something that I liked about you!
Old 02-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #19
edible_eye

glad you came back, my activist friend.

always good seeing your posts, mah brother.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:57 PM   #20
Circle V

Re-welcome, edible. You're our own personal Chuck Norris, except... bigger. And cooler. And in less movies.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:41 PM   #21
Godslayer Jillian

You know what I just found?
Jillian IS a real name, a girl's name, and a pretty common one after all.
Oh, well, I still like it, and I'm the only man to have it, so I feel special

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:35 PM   #22
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle V
Re-welcome, edible. You're our own personal Chuck Norris, except... bigger. And cooler. And in less movies.
It's true! And I'm his "little bud"! Whooo!

I have to admit I used to think you were a lesbian, Jillian
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 02-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #23
Godslayer Jillian

Aawww, haven't you seen my picture?
If not, you can see it in the introductions forum in my thread, which is "so creatively" called First Introduction

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #24
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle V
ha. thanx, circle.

just for clarification, though - i've never been in a movie, only one commercial. i am bigger than chuck norris and likely cooler, although it's never been put to the test.

as far as my roundhouse kicks go... a number hasn't yet been invented to label the massive dead count i've spawned...

... and jillian - how could you NOT know that name is feminine? haven't you ever seen x-files?
Old 02-26-2006, 07:47 PM   #25
Jane13

A commercial? You sell out. Hee hee, what were you in a commercial for?
-Cinema Strange
Closed Thread