Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:32 AM   #1
Linen

Talking Concert Wear

So, what do you guys wear to concerts? Do you just wear your every-day casual, perk it up a little, or get all decked-out? I've not been to a *ton* of concerts, but in the past I usually just dressed pretty casually cuz most of them were outdoor concerts in the hot summer. I'm going to some concerts this Spring/Summer and I think for at least a couple of them I will get all decked-out even if I look ridiculously cliche.

Ooo - and do you guys think it would be a bad idea to wear a medium-longish skirt to a big concert? It would probably get stepped on or ripped, would it not? I may have to stick with pants, unfortunately.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
Morrigan_Dubh

If it's not a seated concert, I go for the most practical outfit I can. I tend to be up the front in the sweaty squash so I wouldn't wear a skirt because it can ride up if you are in a really intense crowd - very irritating. So I wear good fitting trousers (pants) - (baggy is not good, neither is too tight) tucked into heavy duty boots (toes-protection). On top I wear layers - a vest-top, over that a long-sleeve t-shirt, and over that a light jacket. I can strip these first two layers off as things get hotter and tie them around my waist.
I never, EVER bring a bag to a standing concert. there's nothing worse than being up the front and some, um, person of lesser experience is jumping up and down in front of me with a bag on their back and the force of 5,000 people behind me is mushing my face into their bouncing beany baby keyring. I wear trousers with lots of pockets to stash away my wallet/keys/phone.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
honeythorn

For me, it's trousers, big metal fronted New Rock boots or Doc martens, vest top and light jacket/short sleeved shirt. I do take a bag, but it's an old green velvet bag that just has a long strap that goes over my shoulder to the opposite hip. Backpacks are a ridiculous thing to take to a gig!!

I personally wouldn't wear a skirt of any sort to a gig. I would find even a knee length one constricting. I need to be able to keep my balance when the bastards start pushing and shoving. Anything longer will probably get ripped and a short one is an absolute no-no for anyone of any size. Unless you intend to stand at the back of course.

There really is nothing worse than having some bint in a mini crowdsuring or having to be hauled out over your head, and having to endure the horror of said bints sweaty nethers passing over your head...ugh!

I too am usually at the front . I am normally to be found on the barrier, right in front of the microphone of the lead singer. I prefer the barrier, better air supply MUCH better view and no bony people in front. A metal bar is actually more comfortable!!!!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:33 PM   #4
Haunted House

The last show I was at was last year, I think (The Sisters of Mercy). I wore some black jeans a sleeveless black shirt and my leather jacket. I guess its just the everyday stuff. I'll get all dressed up for seeing Alien Sex Fiend and going to Drop Dead Festival this year though if I go.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

If you find your concert wear much more of a roxzor lolxzor than your everyday regular outfit, then you're doing something wrong.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:14 PM   #6
Haunted House

Well, I guess by dress up I mean wear lipstick because thats the only thing I can think of now thats different from my everyday get-up.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #7
Draconysius

This Saturday, I'm going to see Midlake, a very contemporary 70's-pop style band. Now, I wonder what ever I shall wear? It isn't like I'm going to run across a whole mass of goths at that little bar, but still... I'm going to a concert, so I'm decked out to the 9's, baby. I probably will leave the gogo boots at home though. No sense in beating up my ankles standing up all night, walking around, mosh hopping... Okay, I doubt there's gonna be a MOSH PIT at a MIDLAKE concert, but still.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:26 PM   #8
Catch

I have an already ripped over-sized shirt and pant that are pretty much dead anyway. I'll put more make-up on though. That balances it, without putting my nicer clothes at risk.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #9
Temptation

I try to do the very simple look. Just casual boots, a pair of black jeans, and a black t-shirt. I may add a pair of thin leather gloves, just because I'm cool like that. XD
Temptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:40 PM   #10
Encaitare

What do I wear to concerts? Concert black, of course! Its easy to be goth when you're a band geek. =P

But to the topic at hand, I try to dress comfortably, so none of my clothes will get damaged but I still look spiffy. At least, I hope I look spiffy...
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:47 AM   #11
Tripitaka

I'd try a fitted band t-shirt, shorts, fishnet stockings, perhaps a small backpack. Also try doing "pretty" makeup & hair that way you're still comfortable put feel bit more dressed up
Tripitaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:36 AM   #12
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripitaka
perhaps a small backpack.
Aw, sweety, what did Aunty Morrigan say about backpacks?