Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:29 PM   #226
Vlh

My roommate just hit me with the "What are you, emo?" question last night after I added twenty or so safety pins to one of my shirts. He then offered me a razor blade until I showed him my Fairbairn-Sykes dagger and my short sword.
Vlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:28 AM   #227
Lady Sorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlh View Post
My roommate just hit me with the "What are you, emo?" question last night after I added twenty or so safety pins to one of my shirts. He then offered me a razor blade until I showed him my Fairbairn-Sykes dagger and my short sword.
nice equipment lol
Lady Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #228
Angelic Dissonance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Sorrow View Post
nice equipment lol
that's what she said lol
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #229
Rylee

On occasion I have been mistaken for emo but it is high school so its not all that surpriseing so i just shrug it off it isnt a big deal and does not bother me in the slightest.
Rylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:56 PM   #230
DarkestSunrise

It happens!

Amish? Wtf?! *laughs* Who would ever confuse a goth with an Amish person?

Our neighbor asked me once if I was Amish- when i said no he insisted I must be in some kind of religious cult because both me and my fiancee are both always wearing black.
DarkestSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:06 AM   #231
The-Noxious-Syringe

Haven't really come across that problem. I've been asked if I'm a furry, suicide girl, dominatrix and some other shit before..but not emo.
The-Noxious-Syringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #232
SomeoneNamedEmily

My seven-year-old brother said, "Emily's, like, emo," the other day. I explained to him that since he was family, I'd let him off easily, but that if he confused goths and emos again, I'd have to sit him down for a two-hour lecture on the histories of and differences between the two subcultures. I don't dress like an emo at all; my clothes tend toward being rather dressy (lots of knee-length skirts), and I just can't pull off skinny jeans (and have the sense not to try.) And Converse shoes hurt my feet.
SomeoneNamedEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #233
Hearts_Purple

No, I believe I'd have to stab someone if they called me that.
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #234
Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix View Post
Another thing is that I do have a really good friend who is totally emo. He isn't really whiny, though. He is very intelligent and fun to talk to. People want to assume I am emo when they see me with him. Yeah......he is dressed like an emo, and I am dressed either like an industrial kid or a vampire, I can totally see where the assumption comes from *sarcasm, sarcasm*.
Exactly. A lot of my friends are emo, and when I'm out with them I get mistaken for an emo kid. I admit I do wear skinny jeans, but that's just because I like tight clothes.
Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #235
OnyxBat

I wanted to out grow my bangs so I decided to put it on the side and people started to ask and they noticed that I wear long sleves (I hate my arms) and if I'm not wearing that then I wear armwarmers with cuffs and they wanted it see my arms just to check. I only wear skinny Jeans when I'm to lazy to do anything.
OnyxBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #236
-VB-

Just the other day some college frat boys shouted Emoooooo out their car as they drove by. Pissed me off. I definitely was not dressed like an emo.
-VB- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:58 AM   #237
MsKikiLaRue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Noxious-Syringe View Post
Haven't really come across that problem. I've been asked if I'm a furry

Lmao! I thought I was the only person who got that question.

But no, I've never been called an "Emo". Some lady said I looked like an "Emu kid" once. But that's the extent of this mishap appearing in my life.
MsKikiLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:37 AM   #238
humandeathdoll

wow I'm in college I've been called Emo a few time but i usually ignore it.
humandeathdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #239
erotomaniac87

Random Emo joke...

How many emo kids does it take to microwave a burrito?
Four. One to write about it on ***********, One to post a MySpace bulletin, One to take a picture of himself in the mirror with the burrito, and One to microwave the burrito.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:31 AM   #240
Swest

No, if anything I'm usually mistaken for a rich jock.
Swest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #241
Sinjob

The frullet has always annoyed the hell out of me.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #242
Fruitbat

My friend told me I looked Elmo once.. I told her I was not short red and furry.

And yes I have been told I'm emo but I'll just add that to the list of other subcultures that people have labeled me as.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:30 AM   #243
TheFeatheredÆtheling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjob View Post
The frullet has always annoyed the hell out of me.
Frullet? So that's what it's called...
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #244
necronomicon

If you're having a bad day and don't want to talk to someone, have some bruises on your arm from falling off a bicycle the previous day, you're writing in your notebook, and your hair happens to fall in your face when you're looking down; you're an emo.

The thing that annoys me is people who just walk up to someone who they think is emo and say "I think I'll be emo now!" then they look up all the 'emo' steriotypes and pretend to cut themselves because they have all these problems like a big house, loving family, buttloads of money, and all the stupid tight clothes their mummy spent on Hot Topic shit every Saturday. And they brag about how they cut themselves and show you but they have no scars, use ._. emoticons o.o after ^^ every -_- word xD, and take "depressed" pictures with their hair over their eye which they have to hold between their fingerless-gloved hands or it won't stay on their face for the duration of ten seconds.
necronomicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #245
SomeoneNamedEmily

Quote:
Originally Posted by necronomicon View Post
The thing that annoys me is people who just walk up to someone who they think is emo and say "I think I'll be emo now!"
Some foolish freshmen at my high school decided to have an "Emo Week" a while ago. It ended up being reminiscent of those awful "Gothic" Halloween costumes, except (somehow) worse, since these kids were doing it because they wanted to mock a subculture that they freely admitted they'd never, ever met any actual members of and not because they thought the aesthetic was appropriate for a holliday.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #246
Larsmosis

Emo may be the new Goth (in some peoples eyes) cos yea I do get this alot.
Larsmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #247
Lydia Deetz

It is.

Though I can't blame the misconception. Emo is really just the middle ground between punk and goth; both in music and fashion. I'm not a dressy goth(though I've tried. Only on special occasions will I go all out), so my wardrobe has a more emo vibe. Ironically, no one has called me an emo though I wouldn't go into a rage over it.

But really, this emo bashing has become to new "slut" and "gay". I've never met one, but damn. They cannot be as bad most people make them out to be. I'm probably one the few goths who will admit it though I do find it very funny how subcultures like goth(most not all) hate emos for the same reasons the mainstream to use to hate us.
Lydia Deetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #248
Angelic Dissonance2

Actually, there are sub-categories of Emo, too. Like:

--The tough emo, with short spiky black hair and tattoos of nautical stars; with his chemical abuse issues, he's likely to be found in a gutter behind the mall, smoking, or at the mall.

--The mallcore emo, with their fashion-conscious Hot Topic wardrobe and Invader ZIM apparel; likely to be found reading TokyoPOP comics, or at the mall with friends.

--The emo emo, who sits in a quiet corner of the library at school reading Vampire-themed Manga. With their thrift-store clothing and shy demeanor, these are the ones most likely to go unnoticed.

--The SUPER-Scene kid emo, who is literally society's whore. With their rebellious attitude and instinctual fashion-consciousness, they follow 'the edge' so closely that most people confuse them for it. These are the ones most likely to actually be whores, and get drunk at a party and s*** your d***. After this, they will closely follow the facebook/twitter/myspace photo-posting routine described in the burrito joke. MTV is their god.

Sadly, these are also the ones with the worst problems, such as codependency. Poor, unloved '90s children.

There are also the Trad Emos, who wear horn rims and sweater-vests, and listen to Capp'n Jazz.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:32 AM   #249
Catch

I've been accused of being a scene kid. It's okay though. I don't mind. Even at that age, was out clubbing a lot. Now I'm older and proof a lot of studies are crap.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #250
SomeoneNamedEmily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia Deetz View Post
It is.

Though I can't blame the misconception. Emo is really just the middle ground between punk and goth; both in music and fashion. not all) hate emos for the same reasons the mainstream to use to hate us.
People definitely confuse emo and goth, and they confuse goth and punk, but for some reason, I've never, ever seen someone confuse emo and punk. It reminds me of Darwin's finches (about the only part of biology class I remember.)