Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:34 PM   #1
dreadpirate46

Location: Currently in CA, but considering moving back to NJ to be with family.
Do not avoid the....puppies of purgatory.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) For a job, I sell flowers. It's a fun job with decent pay and I'm happy I get to care for and work with beauty all day.

2. Where are you from? Originally from New Jersey, now living in California. Thinking about moving back after 15 years to be with family.

3. Who is your favorite author? Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Big fan of Sherlock Holmes, in all his variations. Shout out to Clive Barker as a close second.

4. What are your favorite films? The Crow (original), The Usual Suspects. I also recommend one called The Zero Effect.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? My bride can choose everything else if I get to choose our song - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Into My Arms

6. At your funeral? Elton John - Daniel, I guess.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Saving someone, from a burning building or a head on collision or something like that. I don't proclaim to be a hero, but if my purpose was solely to be here for someone else, then it was worth every second.

8. What kind of casket would you want? I actually want to be set adrift a burning ship - a Viking funeral despite me not being a Norseman.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? A French maid outfit. Oh, you mean on me? Well, I'm just a simple t-shirt and jeans guy.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? The great television shows. I was a kid back when MTV actually showed music videos, Saturday morning was spent watching cartoons and MST3K made its debut.

11. What's your favorite band? Too many to have just one, like Pringles. Henry Rollins, Foo Fighters, Concrete Blonde, Machines of Loving Grace, Curve, Clutch, Kidney Thieves, the list goes on.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? High school education. I probably should have gone to college, but I don't regret not attending.

13. Why did you join? Came across a thread for an old NJ band from the 80's called Fahrenheit 451 and thought I'd look around.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? As far as I know, I'm male. I could be wrong, though.
dreadpirate46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:13 PM   #2
shadowynne

OK dude, you're pretty awesome. Except for your taste in music. Which is fine... just not goth.
Still, pretty awesome. Welcome.
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:39 PM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Hey, he mentioned Nick Cave, close enough. And I like Rollins Band (Disconnect!)

Welcome.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote