Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #8001
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Hey, do we have any recourse when some douche refuses to cease private-messaging after being distinctly told to stay the fuck out of one's inbox?
The 9th Amendment explained.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl2OZK5XK88

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #8002
MissCheyenne

My cockend neighbour tried to stop my CPN getting in to see me today. Apparently she mistakenly rang his doorbell instead of mine so he went out and told her to go away and that she couldn't come in. I had to go out and tell him to get lost and it ended up with my CPN threatening to call the police as he was preventing her from making an urgent visit. I have been really sick lately so it was urgent that I see her but nooooooooooooooo, dickcheese neighbour is outraged by a simple mistake, so much so that he tries to deny me much needed medical care.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #8003
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
The fact that a person told you to stop contacting them and that you continued to do it is "out of the way". IF SOMEONE TELLS YOU TO LEAVE THEM ALONE YOU ARE OBLIGATED TO LEAVE THEM ALONE.

What the fuck is it about BASIC consent that people just can not seem to get? Stop acting so fucking entitled.
Thank you!! Some people never learned about basic boundaries, even though its pretty much Human Interaction 101.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #8004
Miss Absynthe

Shower fail this morning -
pick up bottle and put conditioner in hand... bugger, wrong one.
pick up bottle and put shampoo in hand... wash hair.
rinse.
pick up bottle and put shampoo in hand... fuck, wrong one again.
pick up bottle and put shampoo in hand... goddamnit.. are you fucking kidding me??!
pick up bottle and put conditioner in hand... condition hair.
rinse...

...forget what you're up to..

...pick up bottle and put conditioner in hand, just in case that was shampoo and put in hand.
...apply to hair only to discover it was shampoo after all.

pick up bottle and put conditioner in hand... condition hair.

C'MON SELF! PULL YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #8005
Saya

Quote:
Hey, do we have any recourse when some douche refuses to cease private-messaging after being distinctly told to stay the fuck out of one's inbox?
I think if you put them on your ignore list it blocks messages, but I'm honestly not 100% positive.

Also Miss A, I do that all the time. I've accidentally put my body wash in my hair and put hair gel on my toothbrush before.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #8006
Jonathan

https://www.gothic.net/boards/faq.ph...ublesome_users

Dealing with Troublesome Users

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

What if I see something offensive?

You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #8007
ape descendant

Thanks guys, I had forgotten about that feature.

Be Kind
Old 01-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #8008
Jonathan

..and no, you shouldn't have to use it.

"I don't wanna talk about this anymore" is where well adjusted people go "Oh ok, peace" instead of being obnoxious.

But it's there if you need it.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #8009
Miss Absynthe

Ape - saw this and thought you could use it...
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #8010
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
My cockend neighbour tried to stop my CPN getting in to see me today. Apparently she mistakenly rang his doorbell instead of mine so he went out and told her to go away and that she couldn't come in. I had to go out and tell him to get lost and it ended up with my CPN threatening to call the police as he was preventing her from making an urgent visit. I have been really sick lately so it was urgent that I see her but nooooooooooooooo, dickcheese neighbour is outraged by a simple mistake, so much so that he tries to deny me much needed medical care.
What the actual fuck??

Damn... I know our species is capable of some severely messed-up shit... but the everyday acts of petty cruelty are pretty fucking amazing sometimes, too. Cunting arsehole. I hope he gets dysentery.

How is the chest, anyway, MC? Hope you're feeling better.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #8011
Versus

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...1D00076478.jpg

I forget why I don't read newspapers.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:20 AM   #8012
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
What the actual fuck??

Damn... I know our species is capable of some severely messed-up shit... but the everyday acts of petty cruelty are pretty fucking amazing sometimes, too. Cunting arsehole. I hope he gets dysentery.

How is the chest, anyway, MC? Hope you're feeling better.
The chest is (touch wood) ok at the minute. They've determined that I do in fact have asthma so they are looking at that being the root cause of my constant chest infections. Just waiting on results from blood tests and a chest x-ray to come back. Hopefully, once they've worked out how bad my asthma is and how best to treat it, I shouldn't be ill as much. I'll just have to be a bit more careful about what I do in terms of not setting the asthma off.

I am your slice of pie
Old 01-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #8013
CuckooTuli

That's good. Hope they fix you up soon - I just got over a pretty minor chest infection, & was struck by how hard you forget how grim it is having trouble breathing until something comes along and fucks you in the lungs. :s
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:32 AM   #8014
MissCheyenne

It's pretty brutal. Especially when you haven't had a clear week in six months. I'm just glad I took people's advice and asked to see a different doctor. He was very concerned that nothing had been investigated in the whole six months and that I'd just kept being given antibiotics and sent away only to rock up a week later still ill. At least they are doing something now.

I am your slice of pie
Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 AM   #8015
Jaye Jang

My dear MC,

I'm so glad you have a doctor who is finally doing something for you. What a relief! I think I can safely assume that if you do have asthma they have run ABGs (arterial blood gases) and done PFTs (pulmonary function tests). If it turns out to be asthma, being a long-time asthmatic myself, your doctor should explain to you that asthma is also called RAD (reactive airways disease), so you might also be sent to an allergist to see what is causing the reaction. I hope you have better luck than I did. I went for 2 years before it was diagnosed. (Even had a, now thankfully, ex-nurse ask me how I could sit in their lobby and turn blue and scare the other patients!). Two things you will probably inherit if it is asthma. An AeroChamber (for your inhalants-- to get them into your lungs faster) and a peak flow meter (metre, since you are British after all). The peak flow metre is VERY important. You will find out what your baseline peak flows are and then any time they are below, via the meter, you will need to use your rescue breathers. If they go too far below, you will need to call in. Okay. Now you know why asthma is called the 'pain in the neck' disease. It is, but it is survivable. Good luck.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:10 AM   #8016
Versus

Fuck yeah, nice cup of racism to sip on all day.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #8017
ape descendant

Miss Absinthe, you made me laugh out loud before I had my coffee.

Also TIL what a Family Readiness Group is and what an asshole MissCheyenne's neighbor is, wtf is up with that guy? You'd think it would be a crime to actively try to prevent the medical care of others.

Why is it the earlier I go to bed, the more I want to sleep in? Stupid scumbag brain I will be sending you a reprimand.

Be Kind
Old 01-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #8018
Jaye Jang

A friend just sent me this. This makes my heart hurt so bad it's hard to get through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDshQ...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #8019
ape descendant

Gotta love when some one posts a private conversation up until the point where you asked them to stop, but conveniently leaves out the ones sent after that request. BTW thanks again guys, that ignore function is a sanity saver.

Bleh, enough of that, moving on. Today is my last day smoking... again, hopefully this time for good. I'm not looking forward to it, but it is for the greater good. The greater good.

Be Kind
Old 01-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #8020
Jaye Jang

Shower pipes froze. What's so weird is that it isn't any other pipe in the house, just the shower and only the hot water pipe. Fortunately, it didn't burst. Unfortunately, until the landlord can get someone over here, I'm stuck taking ice cold showers in sub-zero weather. Yay.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:46 AM   #8021
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
The problem though Fruitbat is ape descendant wants positive temps and I want negative temps as do you. I think our best bet would be for us to donate +20F each, bringing me to +20F and you to +80F during the day.

People in this world can be truly disgusting.

A great friend of mine is barely scrounging by on $400 a month, but her schmuck of a boyfriend that she lives with who makes about four times as much as she does is so terrible with his finances that he steals out of her purse when he thinks she's sleeping. He can't keep gas in his car, can't pick up after himself and doesn't even have the proper decency to take down naked pictures off of his walls when her ten year old daughter is over for visitations.

This guy is a waste of oxygen.
The temperature sharing sounds great BB!

Sorry to hear about your friend. I'd be getting rid of him. What a PITA!

Ape - darling. Super big squishy hugs. I've decided on my occupation - I want to be YOUR garden gnome! BUT you have to bring me inside for winter, because I'm allergic to snow.

My rant: getting the house ready to sell. Man, I've got to clean and tidy. UGH! I friggin' hate cleaning.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #8022
ape descendant

JJ, Frozen shower pipes suck so much ass! When mine froze a couple years ago, I skipped showering, but that's because both pipes froze. We ended up doing a couple of sponge baths out of the sink.

Batty!! I've missed you!! Of course you can be my garden gnome, you do have to wear the tall conical hat, but I would take you in in the winter and set you in the living room, in the winter we could hang candy canes in your hair. In the summer we'd have to bring you in at night so you don't get stolen... or hypothermia.

Be Kind
Old 01-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #8023
Fruitbat

Quote:
JJ, Frozen shower pipes suck so much ass! When mine froze a couple years ago, I skipped showering, but that's because both pipes froze. We ended up doing a couple of sponge baths out of the sink.

Batty!! I've missed you!! Of course you can be my garden gnome, you do have to wear the tall conical hat, but I would take you in in the winter and set you in the living room, in the winter we could hang candy canes in your hair. In the summer we'd have to bring you in at night so you don't get stolen... or hypothermia.
I'm one of the few people who can get away wearing conical hats. They look quite good on me, even in red.

Because I've only sold a handful of books, some people think it's a waste of time me writing, or spending time on writing - self indulgent. So I'm going to have to say goodbye to writing as a career and 'get a real job'. So mad right now, I'm procrastinating about everything.

Fuck I've got a bucket of painting to do *tears*

Anyway, I'll just ignore reality and dream about being Ape's garden gnome. Oh the pleasure I'll get out of watching Ape garden in spring/summertime. It will be wonderful.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #8024
Fruitbat

Looks like we will be moving onto Ape's front lawn. Mr Bat's job ends in April, and unless we can sell the house soon, we are screwed!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #8025
ape descendant

Now I wish I had a lawn.

Be Kind