Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Goths wear black because:
They feel no need to express emotion through fashion 70 12.94%
Black is how they feel inside 114 21.07%
It looks smart, and suits the night time. 113 20.89%
Black being dominant, Goths are trying to dominate! 31 5.73%
other (please state) 213 39.37%
Voters: 541. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #726
Tea and Cake or Death

If everything I is black, then color coordination is a snap! lol.
Seriously though. I just like it.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #727
Catch

I like black too. It looks good.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:23 AM   #728
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viruella
hahaha

one can never go wrong with these chuck norris jokes

Unless you're on 4chan, then it'll get you called "the cancer that's killing /b/." and told gb2gaia. True story :P
Lolly PopMuzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:32 AM   #729
Opteron_Man

I wear black because I like the look and it suits me. If the goth subculture wore lots of grey instead of lots of black, I would still wear my black stuff. It's all a matter of personal tast I guess.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:45 AM   #730
Duane

We wear black, because sometimes our goth blend doesn't work.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #731
XxBloodyrosexX

Ok first i, can't help myself, im an artist so i must tell you black isn't a color it's s a neutral, not a color, second also can't help myself, do u relize ur on a goth forum, do u really need to ask this question cause some of ur oppionions seemed pretty condisending, really, i don't meen to be mean but yeah, and third, i wear black casue i like it and have some weird attraction to it i can't explain like how i like the night better or hoe i like dark chocolate best(ttly no point) or how i eat sushi, k? i just like it, like preps like hollister or metal heads like meatal or heorin addicts like illegal substances.... HUGS NOT DRUGS PPL!!! k that was retarded....
XxBloodyrosexX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #732
Wednesday Friday Addams

The birth of a new troll is upon us. May the spaghetti monster have pity on our souls
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:48 AM   #733
Pye

I wear black because. Wait a minute I don't wear black.
Pye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #734
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agwani
Wearing lots of black is the easiest way NOT to look like everyone else. When you don't feel like you really belong to a certain group, why look like them?

Incidentally, I wear black because I'm a badass. *smirk*
Exactly! Someone in this forum actually understands me!
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #735
Solumina

...lots of people wear all black, or at least primarily black and/or dark gray so how does it make you not look like everyone else? Hell one of the most ubiquitous items of clothing that women own is the little black dress, just about every woman in the western world has one
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #736
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
...lots of people wear all black, or at least primarily black and/or dark gray so how does it make you not look like everyone else? Hell one of the most standard items of clothing that women own is the little black dress, just about every woman in the western world has one
I have five. I'm not a goth.

Point proved, we can all go home now.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:35 AM   #737
Noirette

I have none.
What does it make me?
Noirette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:40 AM   #738
Jaye Jang

Goths wear black because it's easier. It goes with pretty much everything and you don't have to worry about what to wear. It's not, 'I think I'll wear the blue outfit or the red outfit today.' It's more like, 'Let's see. Should I wear the black outfit or the black outfit. I think I'll wear the black outfit.'
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #739
crucifix

Because it is the most amazing color on the planet.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:30 PM   #740
LadyFilth

Cause It's the only color that looks good on me. Duh!
LadyFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:19 AM   #741
Atra_Angelus

I wear black because it makes me feel more dominant. I'm not a very dominant person, although I am confident, and I like it when people move out of my way. So yeah, because it makes me feel more dominant.
Atra_Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:51 AM   #742
Joker_in_the_Pack

I know it's in poor taste to pick fights with dead trolls but as for the person who said black isn't a color:

Color - (noun) the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

Black, ergo, is the lack of light hues reflecting off a piece of clothing. Furthermore, it can be said that if hues were assigned numerical values (which they are, actually) black would register as 0. 0, although the absence of any value, is still a value.

So, if black is the absence of color value in terms of hue, and the absence of value is still a value, black has a color value, and as such, is a color.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #743
Felreaper

Heh, I could say it's because black goes with everything, but then I'd still have to explain why EVERYTHING I wear is black. Truly, I wear black for a few reasons:
-If I feel like wearing other colors, I can choose just about any other colors...
-Everything the poll has as an option.
-I can get plain black stuff very cheaply...
-A couple other reasons that I'm too lazy to post...
Felreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #744
Felreaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
I know it's in poor taste to pick fights with dead trolls but as for the person who said black isn't a color:

Color - (noun) the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue.

Black, ergo, is the lack of light hues reflecting off a piece of clothing. Furthermore, it can be said that if hues were assigned numerical values (which they are, actually) black would register as 0. 0, although the absence of any value, is still a value.

So, if black is the absence of color value in terms of hue, and the absence of value is still a value, black has a color value, and as such, is a color.
Tis' true. If I asked someone what two minus two equals, they wouldn't say, "That's impossible!!!" They would say that it equals zero! Zero has substance, therefore so does black!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBloodyrosexX
Ok first i, can't help myself, im an artist so i must tell you black isn't a color it's s a neutral, not a color
So this is the post that joker was replying to? Well, I thought that neutrals were created by mixing colors on the opposite ends of the color wheel, which produces earthy tones, not black...
Felreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #745
crucifix

I just like black. A lot. End of discussion.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:19 AM   #746
Vivi

I wear black because i want to. Should there be any more to it than that?
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:33 AM   #747
Alarica

It makes sorting the washing easier, matching outfits easier, and (for me anyway) its a forgiving colour and makes me look slightly slimmer (except my podgy face is a give away). Other than a few select items I own, everything I wear is black! And through choice. I dont think I or many people carry bright colours off well.
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:35 AM   #748
Geoluhread

I'm not goth, but i love wearing black.

Then i thought, if someone refuses to talk to me because they think I'm satanic or what ever isn't really worth my time because he's a shallow asshole. So it also spares me shallow people ^_^
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:48 AM   #749
Vivi

shallowness sucks. I wonder when wearing black became associated with satanism? Nuns and priests wear black.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:12 AM   #750
Loz

I wear black, but accented with greys or red. I's just the colours I like. Besides, it seems that 'mainstream' people wear a lot of black in the winter as well.
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote