Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 09:23 PM   #3251
PersephoneX

and tell me again why humans and their opposable thumbs are so great?
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
Old 11-07-2006, 09:26 PM   #3252
insertwittyname

Becuase we can blow things up with the power of our minds. Literally.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #3253
PersephoneX

oh, yeah! that's a plus point...being the great destructors of the world...
i feel so special, i want to hack off my own thumbs!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
Old 11-08-2006, 02:19 AM   #3254
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Actually, India is the third consumer of the most precious resource today: oil.
After North America, non-OECD Asian countries are the ones that have the highest rate of oil consumption of all:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/ieo/figure_27.html
The two non-OECD countries I want to point out are China and India.
And estimate of India's oil consumption is 2.32 million barrels a day. (2003 estimates) (http://www.indexmundi.com/india/index.html#Economy)
With figures like that you've got to keep in mind the size of the countries involved. China and India have the largest populations on earth, and so they'll consume a large amount of oil in total. Per capita, however, those statistics are much lower than those of developed areas such as Europe and North America, which already consume more oil despite being home to half the number of people.

Here are some statistics...

Population of India: 1,095,351,995 (July 2006 est.)
Oil Consumption Rate: 2.32 million bbl/day (2003 est.)
Oil Consumption Rate Per Capita: 0.00212 bbl/day/capita

Population of the US: 298,444,215 (July 2006 est.)
Oil Consumption Rate: 20.03 million bbl/day (2003 est.)
Oil Consumption Rate Per Capita: 0.067 bbl/day/capita

0.00212 is only about 3.2% of 0.0671, just so you know.

/nerdiness

(Information supplied by the CIA World Factbook. Every time I try to link it my computer freezes [Big Brother? o_O], so you'll just have to google it)

Oh and for those interested in just how much we Homo sapiens sapiens affect the world, this may be of some interest.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Old 11-08-2006, 05:39 AM   #3255
Slap Your Love

Wow....we humans ruin the world entirely. -.-
Old 11-08-2006, 07:40 AM   #3256
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
Oh and for those interested in just how much we Homo sapiens sapiens affect the world, this may be of some interest.

That link was highly interesting. It's strange, I though humans would make a bigger impact on Earths history, but I guess I thought wrong.

Well, nothing lasts forever.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #3257
She_Is_My_Sin

This is going to sound rather odd, but this rant is about a hedgehog. Me & my mother went out to the supermarket earlier. As we were driving along the road, I noticed a hedgehog in the middle. A car swerved by it, but didn't hit it. Anways I said to my mum "Please can't we go & get it out of the road? It could get hurt." But she said no & that it was a filthy animal. We did our shopping & as we drove back I noticed something small, red & bloody in the distance, caught in the headlights....well as I saw it I felt really sad. I'm not sure why, but it really upset me. I could have saved it but I didn't.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #3258
Alaizabel Cray

Awh, SIMS, that's so sad! The poor little thing...
Old 11-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #3259
She_Is_My_Sin

I hate seeing animals in distress. I saw a dog get killed once too... I really felt I could have stopped that hedgehog's death & all...I know it must sound really dumb getting emotional over a hedgehog, but I really did care.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #3260
Alaizabel Cray

It doesn't sound dumb. Dumb would be getting emotional that life was ever created becuase now it's possible to risk it. I don't like seeing animals in distress either. I mean, as humans we're technically animals too, so what makes their pain any different than ours?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:49 PM   #3261
She_Is_My_Sin

True, true. I'm just going to get all upset again when I see it on my way to school, lying in the road.

It also gets me mad, because I did see someone taking care, but then you see people speeding along without a care in the world who's crossing, whether it's an animal or human (not that I'm saying it was done on purpose).

People should look out.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:45 PM   #3262
insertwittyname

Roadkill. A lot of kids around here are insensitive to it. Me, I am too, but damn it I feel like wailing when I see the roadkill coyotes. T.T It is possible with enough determination to make a girl puke though if you tell her about the rotting run over squirrel lying in the sun that's within the viscinity long enough though.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:41 PM   #3263
She_Is_My_Sin

Well thankfully the hedgehog has been cleared. But it's still quite sad when I think about it....

In other news I have to rant about this, because I've been holding it in since Saturday & it's getting me down. It's not really interesting, but I don't know how to solve it...

On Friday I got really drunk at a party. I was there with my good friend Tess (names have been changed on acoount I'm sure the whole X YZ thing is confusing). Well after a while she got completely drunk too, but I think she was in a worse off state than me. Anyways there was this guy there, I'll call him Tim. Now, I really dislike Tim. I've always had a bit of a feeling that he's not as completely nice as he makes out. He was hanging around with me & Tess, until I went to fetch a cup of water for her, as she was at the point of passing out. When I come back, he's kissing Tess. I got mad with him & hit him. Not only because I felt Tim was taking advantage of her (he wasn't even drunk), but because he's been leading another friend of mine on for a long time & she's really started to like him. I didn't think that was fair.

Well anyways, Tess had to be taken upstairs because she was sick & I was left with Tim. I apologised to him & told him what I thought of the whole situation. He dismissed it & he said he'd leave her alone. But a few hours later I caught him trying to go at it with her in the bathroom while she was still out of it again. I got so mad I couldn't face either of them. She knew something was up, as everytime her or Tim came into the room, I'd leave. Even when I had collapsed onto the kitchen floor, I still managed to drag myself away.

After a while of collasping, I got so fed up I walked out of the house & was too annoyed to say goodbye.

*sigh* so it's been a week & we've still not spoken. That Tim guy is being an absolute wanker to me at school. & well...I don't know what to do really...I can't let it go on like this.
Should I say sorry?
Old 11-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #3264
knightmare

She Is My Sin, I think you acted in a reasonable way. Actually, I think your response of anger was appropriate (maybe except the punching part). As most females know, many guys just act nice to get "humping privileges." Also, the fact that he was flirting with your friend when she was most vulnerable seems to back that up.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:12 PM   #3265
She_Is_My_Sin

Well I think I just went with the hitting because I was quite drunk myself (I actually punched him in the stomach & threw a beer can at him, I never normally get aggressive when I'm sober). But I'm getting worried about my relationship with 'Tess'. If I acted reasonably, should I just wait until something is said when we next talk or act like nothing has happened?

*sigh* The complicated lives of teenage girls.....
Old 11-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #3266
knightmare

I would talk to your friend Tess and explain that your actions were a result of you caring for her. It's obvious that you were standing up for her. This guy Tess sort of deserved what he got, since he willingly tried (he was not drunk) to take advantage of her.

Maybe she is just too embarrassed to talk to you after the incident. Or maybe she even likes the guy. But in any case, you did your duty as a friend, and I think maybe she appreciates it.
Such a stupid incident shouldn't come between your friendship.
I think maybe you should wait a little (like a day or two), in case she is too embarassed. And then if she doesn't talk to you, I would definitely try to contact her. I hope everything goes well
Old 11-09-2006, 02:39 PM   #3267
She_Is_My_Sin

Thank you for the advice knightmare! To be honest I felt a bit ashamed, but now I can see why she might be finding it difficult. I'll definitely chat to her tomorow. Hopefully it will be all forgotten next week. But once again, thank you!
Old 11-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #3268
knightmare

Cool.
You're welcome, She Is My Sin, was my pleasure
Old 11-15-2006, 12:54 PM   #3269
c130

I hate Hari Krishna's. This one woman has approached me six times now. SIX TIMES. The first time, I gave her a fiver because I was 12 and she'd thoroughly disturbed me by coming up to me and making me say things. She'll never make any more from me. <_<

This time, I greeted her with "Hi! I'm a Satanist." She figured she'd try and make me say things anyway, so I said "Hail Satan!" and hurried off to finish my McD's chickenburger in peace.

Next time, I'll see if I can weasel some money out of her, I'll pretend I lost my bus fare or something. Or ask if I can have all her CD's and books to give to my friends, but sorry, I don't have any money on me. Then dump them in the nearest bin, with her watching.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #3270
She_Is_My_Sin

Gosh I'm just having a craptastic week. I've got tons of art coursework to do. I've got tons of complex drama coursework to do. I've got to revise for an essay. But I don't have very long to do it all in.

Tomorow night I have to attend a prize giving at school. I'd rather they just sent me my GCSE certificates, rather than spend a mighty long time wallowing in self pity as everyone except me receives subject prizes. Plus my dad doesn't want to go to it. Sure, he'll go to my older sister's prize giving tomorow. He also went to her GCSE one. But he just can't be asked when it comes to me.

The icing on the cake is that my old art teacher lost a unit of my GCSE work, which I'm mighty miffed about, seeing as it was the only one I liked. I spent half an hour rooting around a dark cupboard, whacking my head several times on the low ceiling, just to find my first final piece which I wanted to throw away.

*sigh* well I'm all ranted out now.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:14 PM   #3271
om3gag0th666

I hate goffs. They conglomerate in large groups and then complain about abitrary problems that have no real affect on their life, but it's fashionable to be a huge problem magnet. Then they are melodramatic about things like not having enough milk for their cereal, or missing the school bus.

They also think they can write but have never heard of iambic tetrameter quatrains. Then they go and cut their wrists.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:19 PM   #3272
c130

You've never even met a real "goff". You're talking about emo's there. Emo's and posers.

Or perhaps you have met a real goth or two but are deliberately trying to paint this place with the emo brush.

Sin: Similar thing happened to me in my Standard Grade (GCSE equivalent) art class. My prelim artwork was trampled on and shredded into small pieces by the second year class who'd been in before, seen it on the floor (guess it fell from the table), and decided to grind it against the floor with their feet. Absolutely SUCKS to lose crucial work. Hope you got the grade you need & deserve.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:21 PM   #3273
om3gag0th666

Seriously, I went to a school for the 'emotionally disturbed.' Kids who were branded with scars across their entire faces and bodies from moshing, and mutilating themselves. I know what a 'goth' is, and I know what 'emo' is. They weren't dressing in tight pants, but they were just as painfully stupid.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:23 PM   #3274
She_Is_My_Sin

c130 yeah, someone did something like that to my portrait piece. I couldn't find it on the drying rack & looked about the whole classroom. I finally found it, with a large footprint on & lots of green paint splashed about it. I spoke to my teacher about it, but in the end I just had to start again.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:52 PM   #3275
c130

My final piece that I did in our 5-hour exam had painty water spilled over it as we were packing up at the end of it all, lmao. Fate didn't like me that year.