Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 07-25-2012, 02:33 AM   #151
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
You know. I would imagine that Deadman has a fairly impressive armory by civilian standards. I would also argue that Deadman, gun for gun, gear for gear, is MASSIVELY outclassed by cops and the military.

He could not mount an effective assault or defense against a capability like that and THIS shooter came close to being about as capable as any guy decked out in SWAT gear.

This is not the time or place Deadman should be making his points.
That's what people don't seem to get. You can have a whole arsenal, but guess what? They have tanks and jets. FECKING JETS! How exactly is your handgun going to take down an army with attack helicopters, mini-guns, and feckin jets?

The lads at Waco had a metric shit-tonne of automatic weapons and shitloads of ammo...look how well that worked out for them?

Why anyone would say sacrifice their quality of life by investing in a huge arsenal of guns when they live in a run down flat with wood panel walls in a crap part of town with NO CAR, working hand to mouth at a low wage job just to pay layaway payments on a gun is beyond me.

*This is not directed directly at Deadman, but I'm sure some of that is relevant.

Take that money and go travelling! Buy a new large screen LCD TV! Buy a new laptop! Get a girlfriend and take her to the movies! Get married and take yer kid to Disneyland!

Sitting around by yerself in a dirty room full of guns with no friends and no love interest is no way to experience life. That's the reason there are mass shootings.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #152
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
You know. I would imagine that Deadman has a fairly impressive armory by civilian standards. I would also argue that Deadman, gun for gun, gear for gear, is MASSIVELY outclassed by cops and the military.

He could not mount an effective assault or defense against a capability like that and THIS shooter came close to being about as capable as any guy decked out in SWAT gear.

This is not the time or place Deadman should be making his points.
And that doesn't even take into account the military's capacity to rapidly execute a collective action without applying a deliberate decision making process. It's training alone is enough.

When I was in Afghanistan, one of our platoons came into contact while they were dismounted and because of the nature of the canals and the village, they couldn't maneuver their trucks to support them. Because the cavalry typically operates with vehicles, all of our biggest guns were mounted. Effectively, the Taliban had them seriously outgunned and outnumbered, and our mortars couldn't fire into the village to help because of civilians. My platoon came in to support them, but we couldn't get our trucks there, either. We were still outgunned, but we had the numbers to match them. Even when they had bigger guns that could tear our armor to shit, we still killed over 30 of them while they injured 2 and killed 1 by the time the attack helicopters showed up.

Now consider that when I say that the military doesn't like to fight with out 3-1 numbers in our favor.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #153
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
That's what people don't seem to get. You can have a whole arsenal, but guess what? They have tanks and jets. FECKING JETS! How exactly is your handgun going to take down an army with attack helicopters, mini-guns, and feckin jets?

The lads at Waco had a metric shit-tonne of automatic weapons and shitloads of ammo...look how well that worked out for them?

Why anyone would say sacrifice their quality of life by investing in a huge arsenal of guns when they live in a run down flat with wood panel walls in a crap part of town with NO CAR, working hand to mouth at a low wage job just to pay layaway payments on a gun is beyond me.

*This is not directed directly at Deadman, but I'm sure some of that is relevant.

Take that money and go travelling! Buy a new large screen LCD TV! Buy a new laptop! Get a girlfriend and take her to the movies! Get married and take yer kid to Disneyland!

Sitting around by yerself in a dirty room full of guns with no friends and no love interest is no way to experience life. That's the reason there are mass shootings.
Mass shootings happen because of folks that can't handle their problems and don't want to / can't admitt their own faults.

And they are sick bastards that want to make others suffer.

Also the news media is responsable for endlessly going on about them instead of focusing more on the victims,and actual pre-ventive messures that will put an end to all of these shootings (why would they after all,because it means higher ratings and a distraction from what is going on in the political landscape)

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote