Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:33 AM   #1
leviathanbleedingblack

Leviathan Bleeding Black

THIS IS MY FIRST FORUM

I want that piece of information out there because, doubtlessly, you will at some point in time become fed up with my lack of etiquette and general confusion.

Music:Marilyn Manson, Lamb of God, Arch Enemy, Static-X, Taproot, August Burns Red, Within Temptation, Norma Jean (thanks Ash), Bathory, 40 Below Summer, Shadowsfall, Portishead, As I Lay Dying, Mudvayne, Rage Against the Machine, Trivium, Godsmack, Underoath, As Cities Burn, Haste the Day, In Flames, Bleeding Through, Nine Inch Nails, Cradle of Filth, Killswitch Engage, Mastodon, Dimmu Borgir, Hocico, Marduk, Poison the Well, Theatre of Tragedy, Deftones, Demon Hunter, Pink Floyd, Madonna, Unearth, Everytime I Die, Opeth, He is Legend, Tool/Perfect Circle, Muse, The Agony Scene, The Doors, and Otep [Can always use good new music/the harder the better/suggestions?]

Movies:Seven, All the Hellraiser movies, Resurrection, Serpico, Murderball (there's just something about handicapped people beating on each other that makes me realize the world is going to be okay), Equilibrium, Narc, American Beauty, Jarhead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, House of 1000 Corpses, The Devils Rejects, Full Metal Jacket, Fight Club, Starship Troopers, Boiler Room, Fallen, The Crow, The Crow: City of Angels, The Blade Trilogy, The Exorcist, The St. Francisville Experiment, Session 9, The Birds, and pretty much any zombie movie.

Books: I love Mansons book, and anything by Poppy Z. Brite, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Stirling Siliphant, but I could use some new good books. Suggestions?

Interests: I write poetry (who doesn't?), read, listen to music about 19 of my 24 hours a day, H.R. Giger art, weights, LAX, and drinking. I have been into tattoos and piercings for years now, but have just entered into serious piercing (like surface and bizzare) and am working on scarification.

Death Preference: I would love to flip my car into a cafe full of people. Hopefully the accident would be enough to cremate me, if not I want to be cremated.

Miss about childhood: Innocence and believing what I'm told

WHY HERE AND NOW:
As I mentioned above, this is my first forum. I need this place. I am so fed up with all the fake, passive aggresive, American dream seeking that goes on around me. Everyone, everywhere it seems cannot take off their idiotic masks if they try. What kind of place am I in that more people vote for a singing reality show than the nations leader? I am completely sickened with the world around me, and I need to see that the entire world is not fake. I need to know there are others out there that have the same interests and ideas.
leviathanbleedingblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
angel_dark_demon_bright

Well hello and welcome. So where in michigan you from?
angel_dark_demon_bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:54 AM   #3
Ben Lahnger

leviathanbleedingblack, I like your introduction and the graphic you chose for your avatar. Based on how you've described yourself, I think you'll fit in here well.

If you're a fan of Poppy Z. Brite, you might like Laurell K. Hamilton's series of novels concerning her character Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter. I enjoy them tremendously.

Welcome to this place. I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:22 AM   #4
leviathanbleedingblack

Thank you for the welcome guys and girls. The avatar is actually my first tattoo I ever got. It is from Adam Puckett, check out his work its amazing. The reason I chose this one above the rest of the goth sites is there seems to be a genuine feel here. As far as the Anita Blake books, I have a couple friends into those, maybe I'll give them a shot. I am originally from the Flint area, but am attending college in Lansing which is where I usually am.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:24 AM   #5
Sobeh

Yay! Another Michigander! I'm in Kzoo though, at WMU, so no chance to see you running around, but still, makes me feel better about this place. :P Welcome!
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathanbleedingblack

Death Preference: I would love to flip my car into a cafe full of people.
Uhh, Welcome..

Am I the only one who thinks that ^^ is just a wee bit fucked up?

I must be getting old.

I can think of LOADS of people I would like to take out upon my demise, but a Cafe full of innocent people really isn't on the list.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:36 AM   #7
angel_dark_demon_bright

Quote:
Thank you for the welcome guys and girls. The avatar is actually my first tattoo I ever got. It is from Adam Puckett, check out his work its amazing. The reason I chose this one above the rest of the goth sites is there seems to be a genuine feel here. As far as the Anita Blake books, I have a couple friends into those, maybe I'll give them a shot. I am originally from the Flint area, but am attending college in Lansing which is where I usually am.
Gotta love the local yocals. Do you go to Miichigan State?

We should start a poll of who lives where.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:49 AM   #8
angel_dark_demon_bright

It does, huh? I looked but I couldnt find any of the sorts. Ill look again.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:58 AM   #9
Ben Lahnger

E_P_S, I always thought the death preference question was a little fucked up, but yes, his/her answer about the cafe full of people gave me pause. I glossed over that in favor of the body of the intro.

As a body of work, most gothic novels, movies, ect. all involve killing off innocent people. I took the answer as fiction. However, I understand your concern.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-30-2006, 10:29 AM   #10
angel_dark_demon_bright

Thanks Xnguela. I found it. I guess it would be a little redundant to start another.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:40 AM   #11
angel_dark_demon_bright

Hmm good point. Though im sure someone is going to put out the whole "this has already been done" argument. I think ill still do it though.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #12
Ben Lahnger

If you're looking for it, here's the current page of the existing "Represent!" thread:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showth...243#post118243

We now return you to your regularly scheduled leviathanbleedingblack introduction.

By the way, Leviathan, which Poppy Z. Brite book would you recommend starting with?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #13
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_dark_demon_bright
Hmm good point. Though im sure someone is going to put out the whole "this has already been done" argument. I think ill still do it though.
Err that someone would probably be me..

Why exactly do we need another location thread?
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:23 PM   #14
Psi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Hey, the Midwest r00lz! Does it seem like a lot of us are from the Midwest these days? Or am I imagining things?
I'd have to say imagnining. I live in chicago.
Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:01 PM   #15
Sobeh

Any poll would have to be huge:

American West
American Northwest
American Southwest
American Midwest
American South
American Northeast
<and of course, none of that rightly ought be called 'American', only perhaps 'United Statesian'>
Alaska
Hawai'i
<various American colonies like Puerto Rico>
Britain
Wales
Scotland
Ireland
France
Spain
Russia
<other European countries>
Australia
China
Japan
Outer Mongolia

Kee-righst! Instead, we should have a poll, but instead, it'd be like choosing countries in Risk; we could have this rolling Goth War, with various illicit substances and fashion police and random band tours that give bonuses or minuses (if they're poseur bands) to your domination rolls (or submission rolls, I guess) as you move about the board looking for World Domination, or as you accumulate the most Coffee/Angst points.

Something like that...
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:31 AM   #16
leviathanbleedingblack

Sorry that cafe idea gave a couple of you pause, just the mood of the day! Midwest certainly has something wrong with it.

Poppy Z. Brite Books:

I am a huge fan of the Crow, and seem to be one of the few who actually enjoyed Lazarus heart. Plastic Jesus isn't as gory as my favorite Brite book, but was good. My all time favorite novel from her is exquisite corpse. Don't eat before you read.

Anyone here write poetry? I know there is a poetry thread already, but I don't really care if you wanted to drop a short one or discuss methods?
Old 03-31-2006, 09:18 AM   #17
WolfMoon

Quote:
Sorry that cafe idea gave a couple of you pause, just the mood of the day! Midwest certainly has something wrong with it.

Poppy Z. Brite Books:

I am a huge fan of the Crow, and seem to be one of the few who actually enjoyed Lazarus heart. Plastic Jesus isn't as gory as my favorite Brite book, but was good. My all time favorite novel from her is exquisite corpse. Don't eat before you read.

Anyone here write poetry? I know there is a poetry thread already, but I don't really care if you wanted to drop a short one or discuss methods?
Welcome Leviathon, Those discussions are what the 'Literature' forum is for. Feel free to start your own thread there about strictly 'poetry discussion' if you want.

edit: I don't understand the cafe death thing either, but I thought you were joking. Taking innocent lives with you when you go isn't something that'll earn those goth points.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:48 PM   #18
leviathanbleedingblack

Haha who's trying for points? Haven't you had a day where you wanted to take every motherfucker around you down? But, those are bad days, and right now I am happy as hell! Thanks for the Lit tip, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this, and perhaps will try a new thread.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:04 AM   #19
leviathanbleedingblack

Its when you have a bad day, and everyone around you looks so happy, and that seems to be rubbed in your face.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:51 PM   #20
Sobeh

Quote:
Its when you have a bad day, and everyone around you looks so happy, and that seems to be rubbed in your face.
I sometimes feel worse, because if others are in good moods and then my bad mood drags them down in some way, I feel responsible and something like an evil vortex of doomed moods and quashed sunlight. I hate that!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:04 PM   #21
leviathanbleedingblack

Well I do.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:31 AM   #22
leviathanbleedingblack

Hope everyone is doing good.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:51 PM   #23
leviathanbleedingblack

Have a question:

I am getting a crow design on my lower back, already have one on my upper back and need some kind of design to frame the two crows and run down my spine. Any suggestions or sites to help with this?
Old 04-26-2006, 05:48 AM   #24
Morrigan_Dubh

Try posting in a different thread other than your own introduction thread. You may get more responses there. For this question you can try reading the Tattoos/piercings thread in the "fashion" section of the board. If you don't find the information you need there, perhaps google a bit, and if you still don't find anything useful, post this question in the Tattoos/piercings thread. Remember, you don't need to start a new thread for this question.