Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:39 AM   #1
EleganBlack

Hello! Another newbie in the forum!

Hello! You can call me Dimitra! I'm new in this community, so please treat any random mistakes with understanding. Anyway, shall I introduce myself? (NO! haha :P)

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Except for listening to music, watching movies one after another and reading books, I write, I play the guitar (still getting the hang of it though) and I like to sing when I'm alone. I also love going for walks. And traveling. And shopping for new movies, new CDs, new books and new room decorations (although the room is already full of all the above, ehehe...). But my one true love is drawing. =3

2. Where are you from?
I'd reply 'Greece', because my body is here, but my mind is not, it's almost everywhere, which is very problematic, since I don't know where it is right now, and yes, I started rambling.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Edgar Allan Poe, though I really like others like Oscar Wilde and Thomas de Quincey. I also enjoy Milan Kundera's books. Oh, and I've always found J.K.Rowling's writing style splendid.

4. What are your favorite films?
Eek, don't ask me questions like this. I've watched so many that I can't really reply. The same applies for music, books and the like. But, anyway, from what I can remember right now, I really enjoyed 'Bram Stoker's Dracula', 'The Crow', 'Moulin Rouge!', 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy, 'V for Vendetta', 'Big Fish', 'Repo! The Genetic Opera', 'Citizen Kane', 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame' (and many more Disney movies), 'The Dead Poets Society' and the list goes on and on.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Something like 'All I Need' by Within Temptation or 'Don't Fear the Reaper' (HIM version). Sometimes I think of 'Nymphetamine' by Cradle of Filth, but then I'm like "Err....no...."

6. At your funeral?
Hmm... I really haven't thought about that. But if I were to choose right now... I'd say 'Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan' by Nightwish.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Again, I haven't really thought about that seriously. And I use the word 'seriously', because I always imagine myself dying on certain circumstances. Like when a car seems unstable, I imagine it toppling over, or when I sense someone following me, I imagine him being Jack the Ripper and slashing me open and such stuff. Let me think about it a little more.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Oh, oh, I know that one!!! I want it to be satin purple inside and I want it to be all-black and if possible, with small studs on the ends!!! And if it's not like that, then I want it to be like Alucard's coffin in 'Hellsing'... Ehehe.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Something comfortable, that I can move freely in. My dream outfit would be anything including a belt with a skeleton hand buckle, Alchemy Gothic jewelry and a very elaborate skirt with lots of cobwebs and chains on it... But right now I'm alright with my simple black skirt, a simple band-tee, black tights, a leather jacket or oversized cardigan and combat boots.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Wearing kiddy clothes with ruffles and bows, not realizing that it was my only chance to dress in Goth Loli style without having stones thrown at me.

11. What's your favorite band?
I love soundtrack music, jpop and jrock and anything related to the rock genre. I'm okay with anything, from stuff by Breaking Benjamin and Korn to stuff by Cradle of Filth and Siouxsie and the Banshees. =) But my most favorite band of all times is Nightwish. =)

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm in High School right now. I'm going to study Psychology, but plan on studying art too, so that I can become a manga artist.

13. Why did you join?
Well... when I was ten, I started searching for sites with Gothic clothing in Google and always bumped on this website. I really liked it and loved reading all the news post, but didn't dare to join, because I had heard that some people seem to have contempt for people who are young of age and claim to be Goths (which I personally find a little unfair, but anyway). I joined now, believing that I know more stuff regarding the Goth community than I did before. But there's always more and more to learn, so I'd like to look around or get advice from the people here. =)

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I'm a girl. Hi. :P

Please be nice!!! >.<
EleganBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleganBlack View Post
Please be nice!!! >.<
We're always nice! Most of the time.

Well, except when we're not, and not all of us. Some of us, yes, but it's rare that some of us aren't nice. Sure, not all of us are nice, but always in the nicest way. I think. Hmm...

Wait... who are you again?
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
EleganBlack

That's reassuring! I think.

Well, my name's Dimitra, how are you doing?

I really like your picture! Those eyes are terrific!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
EleganBlack

Thank you!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleganBlack View Post
I really like your picture! Those eyes are terrific!
Thanks! It freaks my mundane classmates out, so I usually wear gray-colored contacts in school. I don't know why they think it's freaky. I think people with eyes looking in two different directions is a lot more disturbing than mine!
Old 08-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
EleganBlack

Don't listen to them, they just don't admire the beauty of dead eyes!

Speaking of colored contacts, I'm planning on getting purple ones. Completely irrelevant, of course.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:47 AM   #8
TheDarkCryLove

nice to meet you.
I am curious to know A. What type of Goth you would call yourself?
i found this sight amusing yet insightfull http://www.blackwaterfall.com/viewall.php
and B. what j-rock bands do you listen to? because i love J-rock
TheDarkCryLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:12 AM   #9
EleganBlack

Nice to meet you too!
A. Hm.... Hm, hmmm..... The type of Goth that's too random to be named anything? xD Honestly, I don't pay attention to that stuff. I just find something that I like and I wear it, without being restricted by types and stuff. But... according to the website you linked... I'm more of a Metalhead, I suppose. Only with tons of skirts instead of trousers. And a few kawaii additions. But seriously, I don't know! xD
B. I love Nightmare! I also like the Gazette, Maximum the Hormone, Dir en Grey, abingdon boys school, SID, ViViD... and I also like bands and singers that are a little more on the j-pop side.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:50 AM   #10
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkCryLove View Post
nice to meet you.
I am curious to know A. What type of Goth you would call yourself?
There are types, now?

What would you call an eleven-year old (almost twelve) who wears black, likes cemeteries, and trying to figure out if he likes punk?
Old 09-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #11
TheDarkCryLove

probly a loli goth, and type is like a sub genre of goth
Old 09-06-2011, 07:36 AM   #12
EleganBlack

A loli goth? Why would you say that? I'd just call it 'an eleven-year old (almost twelve) who wears black, likes cemeteries, and trying to figure out if he likes punk'.

That's about why I'm not sure what 'type' to call myself. There's really no way to say. Plus, isn't that kinda like 'what team are you on?' and etc etc.? If there are subtypes for everything, then we'll end up saying "Oh, he's ...., I can't communicate with his type at all!". That's my humble opinion at least...
Old 09-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #13
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkCryLove View Post
probly a loli goth
Did you just make that up?
Old 09-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #14
Alan

Manga artists make less than minimum wage, and you'll be hated throughout art school for dedicating yourself to something so trite where there are people actually trying to break through artistic conventions.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #15
TheDarkCryLove

i apologise for the terrible example, but being goth is like cheese, there is red lester to blue cheese but they are all cheese, the same is with goth, there are metal goth to alchemist and more but they are all still goth. or a better example there are aisans, blacks, whites ect but they are all humans
Old 09-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #16
Alan

You don't even know the Southern Death Cult, kid. Stop talking like you know the first thing about goth.
real classy
Old 09-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #17
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
You don't even know the Southern Death Cult, kid. Stop talking like you know the first thing about goth.
NOW I know about SDC. Thanks! A couple of YouTube links later...

I like the music, but not the singer so much. The sound reminds me of Gorillaz.

The songs "Faith" and "Moya" are pretty cool. Wasn't Moya the name of the leviathan on "Farscape?"
Old 09-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #18
TheDarkCryLove

@Alan: wtf is with you Stereotyping all goths to what you thing goth is? how dare u think that you decide what is and what isnt goth!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #19
Alan

You decided what 'type of goth' she is without even knowing her.
Shut up, kid.
real classy
Old 09-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #20
TheDarkCryLove

HOW MORONIC ARE YOU!!! SHE SAID SHE WAS A CHILD AND A CHILD GOTH IS A LOLLI GOTH!!! LOLLI MEANS FUCKING CHILD!!!
GRR are you seriusly this stupid or are you just a dick head trying to piss me off?
Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #21
Spooky Spencer

Wait. Is a lolli goth a male or female? Or does it matter?
Old 09-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #22
TheDarkCryLove

lolli just means child, i think it is latin or something, its multi gender
Old 09-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #23
TheDarkCryLove

another name for lolli goth that is often used is baby bat. but i dont say it often becouse its to vamperic and is implying all goths bum vampires
Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #24
Spooky Spencer

Uh, urban dictionary says it's a younger GIRL who dresses in manga-maid goth outfits.

Dude here! I prefer black hoodies, black jeans, and black Vans (shoes, not the ones with no windows in the back).
Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #25
Alan

You're wrong. Can someone please school this little shit?
real classy