Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-14-2004, 11:41 AM   #51
Suzuhara

"The Crow"
Suzuhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:43 PM   #52
MorganScorpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesofatragedy
Just watched "Lost Boys". Oh, how I love to drool over a 80's Kiefer Sutherland...even if he has a mullet. :lol:
Oh my yes! I had such a crush on him, Also he made it cool to wear two coats - which is sometimes necessary in the British winter.
MorganScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 04:07 PM   #53
WolfMoon

movie

Interview With The Vampire
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 06:35 AM   #54
Daz

SPYDER

admittedly its a little slow but it keepsyou thinking and you'll never guess the ending
Old 03-16-2004, 08:17 AM   #55
pitseleh

Saw Dark City day before yesterday. It's a pretty cool movie, I think.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:53 PM   #56
WickedLee

Look Who's Talking, Too. Those babies are so cute and funny!
WickedLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:02 AM   #57
Perfectly_Flawed

... Some movie which did not fare well as dinnertime entertainment.

It was about a group of girls who were trained to be all they could be. They were taken from their homes, kidnapped to a secluded island to endure a 7 (or so) year boot camp. When they were in their 20's, they were made to participate in exercises which were basically a duel to the death, an elimination of the weaker of the group.

Hand-to-hand combat. Massacre involving a selection of weapons. The worst was a scene in which three girls were ***** anally.

The film was interesting, for sure, but it was not the kind of thing I liked to watch in my father's presence ... oh the irony. It was he who had borrowed the DVD from a friend of his. Though I don't think he knew much about the content of it ...
Perfectly_Flawed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:42 PM   #58
MorganScorpion

Rollerball - the remake.

I quite liked it, it was fun in some parts but I kind of missed the subtext of the original. However, the only interesting thing in the original was the sub-text - otherwise it was seriously boring and filled with unlikeable characters. In this film I actually found myself caring about people.

It was also my first opportunity to get a look at Slipknot - not bad. What sent me most though was the Rob Zombie track at the end - mmmmm, my blood is still racing!
Old 03-20-2004, 07:03 PM   #59
WolfMoon

I know it wasn't a very good movie,but the last movie I caught on HBO was GhostShip.I keep catching the last half and my favorite part is the end when the ghostgirl shows the woman how the people on the ship were killed.I especially love the part where the hook goes through the woman in the red dress's jaw.mmmmm,gore and ghosts
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 07:14 PM   #60
Spraeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
I know it wasn't a very good movie,but the last movie I caught on HBO was GhostShip.I keep catching the last half and my favorite part is the end when the ghostgirl shows the woman how the people on the ship were killed.I especially love the part where the hook goes through the woman in the red dress's jaw.mmmmm,gore and ghosts
I happen to like that movie, had a good amount of creepiness factor, a fairly original plotline, and wasn't slasher type horror, there have actually been some fairly decent horror movies out in the past few years, 13 Ghosts (although the ending sucked, I still liked it), The Ring, Ghost Ship...

Although, I must say the best part of Ghost Ship was in the first few minutes....... if you've seen the beginning, you know what I'm talking about.... the wire.....

What I've felt, what I've known
Sick and tired, I stand alone
Could you be there, 'cause I'm the one who waits for you
Or are you unforgiven too?
Spraeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 07:29 PM   #61
Asurai

"The Others." I thought that it was very good, especially once the ending made things make much more sense.
Asurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 03:42 PM   #62
Daz

on friday night, when i was apparently supposed to be watching Dawn of the Dead, i was at a friends house getting my hair cut. when she was done we all desided to watch a movie... in my incredible just-got-off-work-brain-dead-stupidity state i said... "i dont care what we watch, pick anything". so iof course we ended up watching how to lose a guy in ten days. i was actually dumber afte that movie. we had to stop it part way through with the excuse of going for a smoke. i got the intence sensation that my brain was trying to ooze out my ears and run away. in case you didn't pick up on the subtle hints.. i didnt much care for it. made me come right home and watch infomertials just to raise my iq :twisted:
Old 03-21-2004, 07:33 PM   #63
koehiir

Star Trek - Nemesis in HDTV, cool effects/sound, otherwise dull movie - and poor data boo hoo.....
koehiir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 07:45 PM   #64
TacitKat

The Butterfly Effect.....As with almost all movies about 'time travel' there were a few continuity errors such as 'the stigmata' heh, they wouldntve just -appeared- like that, they would have always been there, unless the whole movie was working on a different manifestation of time....uhyeah... but on the whole it held itself together rather well. Quite a few things and imagery that I liked...something about the 'regaining memory' sound that I find fascinating, like tearing ice...... but yeah, it filled in the evening well enough. :wink:
TacitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 08:14 PM   #65
Spraeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraeg
I happen to like that movie, had a good amount of creepiness factor, a fairly original plotline, and wasn't slasher type horror, there have actually been some fairly decent horror movies out in the past few years, 13 Ghosts (although the ending sucked, I still liked it), The Ring, Ghost Ship...

Although, I must say the best part of Ghost Ship was in the first few minutes....... if you've seen the beginning, you know what I'm talking about.... the wire.....
Umm, not trying to call you out, but you do know Ghost Ship, 13 Ghosts, and the Ring were all remakes, don't you? I only mention it because of the original plotline you brought up.

And yes, the best part of Ghost Ship is the first five minutes, the wire scene makes me gag every time.
yes, I know they are remakes, but what I meant by original plotline was the fact that they didn't follow the form of "Group of high school kids somehow get involved with a killer, they get killed one by one until the heroine beats the killer at his own game and survives to live happily ever after"... That form floated around in alot of movies a few years ago, and now they're actually brining back good movies and might even make some new ones that may turn out decent... It's more original than anything else that has been out in the past 5 years...

Old 03-22-2004, 05:11 PM   #66
MorganScorpion

"Freddy vs Jason"

It reminded me a lot of Tom and Jerry.

I enjoyed it, but I probably won't bother watching it again.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:51 PM   #67
Spraeg

A movie on HBO called "Wendigo" I remembered someone on here mentioning it a while back so I decided to check it out..... BIG MISTAKE...... it was god awful... I spent half of the movie saying "WTF????" overall very odd and pointless storyline, bad acting, and they used strobing cameras and wierd shots to mask the fact that they probably had a budget of about $20.... and the wierd deer/sloth thing just didn't make sense at all.....

Old 03-22-2004, 08:03 PM   #68
Moon_Creature

I saw "Taking Lives" last Saturday and I thought it sucked. I knew who the killer was about half-way into the movie. I knew it wasn't going to very good walking into it but I always get out-voted by my friends when we go to the theatres. At least they didn't make me see a chick-flick this time... :roll:
Moon_Creature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:08 PM   #69
Moon_Creature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz
so iof course we ended up watching how to lose a guy in ten days. i was actually dumber afte that movie.
Daz, I emphasize with you. My friends suckered me in to watching that movie and I had serious thoughts about suicide.
Moon_Creature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 08:14 PM   #70
Spraeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon_Creature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz
so iof course we ended up watching how to lose a guy in ten days. i was actually dumber afte that movie.
Daz, I emphasize with you. My friends suckered me in to watching that movie and I had serious thoughts about suicide.
ummm... you do mean Empathize, don't you?

Old 03-28-2004, 01:06 AM   #71
Perfectly_Flawed

^^
Well, at least you knew what she meant. The same can't be said for others ...

As for Ghost Ship, the wire scene is my all-time favourite death scene in any movie.

The last two movies I saw were A Clockwork Orange (I finally saw it. Simply reading the screenplay did it no justice), and American Psycho.
Perfectly_Flawed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 02:31 AM   #72
TacitKat

Pirates of the Carrabean (sorry if its spelled wrong ) And Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.
TacitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 11:45 AM   #73
gothic_bitch_69_420

Dawn of the Dead was the last movie i seen.
gothic_bitch_69_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 12:34 PM   #74
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
I seen dead people too...dawning that is.
Werd.

Dem dead people do dawn.

Da Doo Dawn Dawn Da Doo Dawn Dawn..

:roll:
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 02:22 PM   #75
MorganScorpion

The Nightmare Before Christmas - again. I must be careful not to wear it out.