Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #101
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Blood on the Walls. Checkz it out!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:39 AM   #102
CuckooTuli

I started a play a while ago about a group of people stranded at the train station waiting for a train that never comes, until gradually the frustration of the situation causes everything to fall apart & descend into anarchic violence. The whole Con-Dem situation, budget cuts, and the plight of individuals at the mercy of gov & corp interests, are supposed to be major themes.

I have my six characters and a couple of isolated ideas for dialogue exchanges, and a very loose storyline. I'm thinking about adding a sci-fi element to the way everything fucks up at the end, but the angle I'm considering on that could either end up being really cool, or really lame. I'm trying to work out which is the more likely outcome right now.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #103
Class-Punk

I'm working on and off on a long short story called Sympathy From The Devil; its about an African-American Satanist who wins the lottery and decides to party with the homeless.
Class-Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #104
KatieDirge

Currently working on a novella called Black Dominion, I have put the prologue up on Scribd if anyone would like to take a look http://www.scribd.com/doc/79679494/B...Sample-Chapter

I have wanted to write this for many years but I never felt it was the right time to sit and start it.
KatieDirge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #105
Fruitbat

1. A book about a girl who enters a reality tv show who enters because she wants to test herself, then finds out the show is not what she thought it was. While the show has been carefully scripted, she does the unexpected and causes chaos.

- oh crap, now I'm goign to have to research reality tv shows, I've sunk to a whole new low...

2. A girl who grows up with seven brothers, who gets herself into a whole heap of trouble. And she can't die, so her brothers put her up to a bunch of crazy-ass shit to test her limits.

3. A girl who is abducted from Earth and turns into a bounty hunter on an alien world, which is being taken over by vines which live off people.

4. A 18th century girl who looks into a mirror and is frozen in time on board a ship. She becomes a tourist attractson on the boat, and is moved from boat to boat over the years. The family who owns the boat busienss becomes rich then they lose everything when she becomes old news. She ends up left in an attic, where a young boy falls in love with her. He grows up and she wakes up every so many years and it's a slow burning love story. Statue girl is worth a mint.

And about a dozen other things - editing the second and third books in a series - which are almost total re-writes (again).

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #106
Ishan

I just write random shit, like this:

Why do I have such horrible visions of death, of cutting out the throat of my enemies so their screams die in a gurgle of blood? How is it I, with such hope for the future, who demands the world become a better place, should also enjoy the scourge of violent fantasies that crosses my mind?

Scenes of protest encourage my discontent, and my thoughts race to resistance from the establishment, from the authority figures who might quell a demonstration of which I am a part.

I imagine being wounded, then retaliating with the feral instinct of an animal. It is a fantasy, not an imagining. The vision pleases me, because I have a need for it.

In my little fantasy, I grab the weapons of the approved killers and turn to kill them, but I do it slowly. I savor their suffering as I imagine a beautiful wound opening with all deliberate pain and suffering.

Mercy can never be granted. This imagining has no means other than suffering. I want the authority to suffer for its foibles and failings. The impunity with which authority operates is wrong. And I want it to pay the price for all the hurting and suffering and sorrow caused me or imagined by me or for any other unlicked wound I may truly know or wish to concoct. In this condition, fidelity loses traction.

I feel my violence, and I enjoy it. It arouses me. I see myself drawing a blade across the spine of an enemy and cutting out the vertebrae of my victim. I watch the body squirm as each electrical impulse in their musculature is left to feed back upon itself, for it can not convey even pain to the brains of my sorry consorts of blood lust. I pull the spine slowly from their backs, and I bring my face close to theirs, if only to hear and feel their last breaths, panting and urgent and terrified!

I want to see the pleading in their eyes, and I want them to see the cold indifference in my sight as I draw their last hope for life and destroy it!

What the fuck is wrong with me?
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:59 AM   #107
Class-Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class-Punk View Post
I'm working on and off on a long short story called Sympathy From The Devil; its about an African-American Satanist who wins the lottery and decides to party with the homeless.
This has been on the back burner while I wrote a second story in the Horror-Action serialization I'm working on that's basically about demon hunting, but like a manga with the idea of power levels. To not have it turn into action, the goal is to creep myself out as I write, which thus far has worked. Folklore and creepypasta has inspired these a lot and I plan to write at least two stories about some creepypasta; I have been taking notes and brainstorming on The Rake. Here the stories so far (first is on top):

"There is an abandoned mall somewhere in America. If you go there between 12 AM and 1 AM, and the lights are on, you will find a wondrous art exhibit of the exotic and macabre. You will meet a man and his daughter who are actually dead. If you don't leave by 1 A.M., the man will make you into a piece of art."

"Somewhere there is a street in the middle of nowhere where all the buildings are vacant. The bricks are bloodstained and charred. The surroundings are lifeless. If you go here at night you will see a young woman in the middle of the street with a veil that only shows the metal protuding from her eyes. You must continue looking at her until she disappears; then leave. If you look away from her, you will never be seen again."
Old 04-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #108
shadowynne

at the moment i have been amusing myself by writing natural history for mythological creatures. working out evolutionary paths and anatomical structure and working them into a functional ecology... great fun!

and feels like phant
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #109
Solumina

That sounds pretty cool. Are you focusing on the myths of a particular culture or stuff from all over?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #110
Saya

Writing a blog post on the Hellenization of Wonder Woman, will finish when I'm done exams.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #111
shadowynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
That sounds pretty cool. Are you focusing on the myths of a particular culture or stuff from all over?
thanks! no particular culture just my favorites really. no plans to publish just a labor of love. i also break it up with designing a (pseudo) scientific background to forms of magic...

basically i am spending time building a fantasy world from the ground up. no story or anything, just a sort of natural history.
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #112
CuckooTuli

Yo Saya, what's your blog link? I didn't know you had one.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #113
Athanos

Latest Predatory Ethics

As the title says, I'm writing the latest part of Predatory Ethics.

It started as a exploration of how the Antichrist is misunderstood in book 1, Mad Gods, and is currently only on book 2, Commitment.

I explored a more contemporary incarnation with I Am Eternal: Cowboys and Vampires and am writing its sequel I Am Eternal: Vampire and Indians.
Athanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #114
Class-Punk

I've decided that the only way to write more is to go all out, and that with the way my mind works it might make me less stressed out.

So as for Fiction I'm currently working on four different projects: Sympathy For The Devil (posted about above), Block World (comedic, first-person novel), and The Stalker Reads My Mind (4); which is the fourth story in my horror-action serialization, since I last posted here I completed the third. This fourth story will be about The Rake.

For the fourth project, I'm permanently releasing the draft of Chapter 1 for The Dark Children and Their Castedral, which is a Gothic/Steampunk Epic I started thinking up in 2007 with the idea of a Gothic Boxcar Children.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #115
Apathy's_Child

Working on a new Gnet fanfiction as we speak.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:45 AM   #116
colette.montoya10

Different one

i think, the new generation always like trends. so i suppose to write a trend setter love story. i think it will be new for them who want to love.
colette.montoya10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #117
Class-Punk

Quote:
Still slowly making progress on this, keeping most of its secrets to myself.

---

I couldn't wait any longer to start it, so I wrote Chapter 1 of my Science-Fiction novel inspired by stuff like Final Fantasy 7, Bladerunner, Mass Effect, and Star Trek: The Next Generation. I want there to be action, but I also want this to reflect ethical struggles in a dystopian society. Here is the synopsis and the link to Chapter 1:

Old 12-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #118
Class-Punk

Quote:
I got wired and finished this crazy story, like the disclaimer on my blog says, it is probably NSFW.

Sympathy From The Devil
Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #119
Xombie

I'm trying very, very hard to motivate myself to write this term paper for my international relations class. The topic is interesting enough, but I haven't had to write a paper in about a year and I'm just so rusty and don't want to do anythang.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #120
theageofapollyon

Black Sun

I sent the manuscript for Black Sun, book #2 in The Age of Apollyon Trilogy, to the publisher yesterday. Should be released next month.
theageofapollyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #121
mindless1

Lulu tweeted that they like my book.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #122
Class-Punk

I'm working on an essay called "Falling In Love Isn't Real" which was inspired by this psychology article. Here's my present first paragraph:

"Its harder for anyone to have peaceful romantic relationships, or find gender equality, when they are sitting on what may be the world's biggest myth. Where the dispelling of this myth could come as a cultural shock for any human being, and certainly did for me. This myth is falling in love as the title suggests. Ultimately the dispelling of this myth will not be an attack on monogamy, and I am writing about it because this awareness will create healthier romantic relationships, and healthier upbringings for kids."
Old 05-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #123
Bigfoot

My diary - started writing again a couple of weeks ago
Bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:52 AM   #124
dylanmad

Damn, should have been here in November. I was writing "The Daughter of Storms" at the time; it's now on the shelf, I have other manuscripts that are closer to publication and will need editing/rewrites sooner. I had a lot of fun writing TDoS, though, whenever I wasn't pushing through the rougher parts of my lack-of-a-plan.
dylanmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #125
Frozen_Stars

I should start writing poetry again...
So far, I'm (only) writing in my diary.
Frozen_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote