Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
Icarian Decoding

Oh noes! Nooblet.

Hi.
My name is Bob.
Or Jane.
I figured I might as well introduce myself.
>.>

Anyway, I'm me. I'm a learning programmer, still in highschool. I'm heading for a computer sciences major, but I'm still not sure. I'm from some place, somewhere, somewhere I don't care to mention. I'm here mostly because the "Goth" culture has always facisnated me, and I want to learn more about it. What a better way to do so, then to take part?

I like books, alot of them. Most of it is Paladin Press/ Orielly type stuff, but I do enjoy some of the more "Civilized" works. It's mostly the classics, such as Orwell, Wells, and Dickens, but I do like some of the newer authors as well, such as Rice and Brown. I also tend to watch movies that tell me what's going on, such as "Bowling for Columbine", "Bang Bang, you're Dead", and the like. Also, I like movies such as "American History X", that shows me a part of life I haven't experienced. I like alot of different styles of music, ranging from rap like De La Soul, Tricky, and even mainstream stuff like 50 Cent and Eminem, to heavy death metal, such as Front Line Assembly, Dimmu Borgir, and Impaled Nazarene.

To finish off the rest of the questionarre:

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? [i]Something along the lines of "Absinthe with Faust by Cradle of Filth", or "Prom by Mindless Self Indulgence".

6. At your funeral? The barney themesong.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? I want to die by doing something really stupid. Like, when I'm 90, I plan to jump out of an airplane. With no parachute.

8. What kind of casket would you want? None. Cremate me.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? I have an outfit?

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Naptime...

So anyway. Hi.
Icarian Decoding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
Magpie_Tendencies

So are you Bob? Or Jane? Are you a guy or a girl? Nice to meet you regardless... Welcome to g.net.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
Paper_Wings

Hello. Nice funeral song! Like your intro as well. How old are you?
Old 03-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #4
crimsonjoy

Your answer to how you wanna die is the best! Hope you have fun here.
crimsonjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:02 PM   #5
Sobeh

I dunno... if I were 90 and was going to cause my own death at all, I'd at least hire a bunch of women to pleasure me until my heart burst or something. Maybe if they did that while I was plummeting to my death... and of course I'm eating a cheesecake too.... hmmm.... you give me pause for thought, Icarian. Good going!
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #6
Icarian Decoding

If airplanes were that accurate, I would try and crash into a church.
Not just any church! No!
A mormon church!
I do not hate mormons, nor do I plan on disrespecting their beliefs.
It is simply that, if I am going to "Hell", then I might as well earn it!
Icarian Decoding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:09 PM   #7
Sobeh

A Mormon church? Why would you screw yourself out of your own planet like that?

^^ no really, good Mormon men get a planet and get to be a god, too. And their wives are eternally pregnant. And no I'm not being an ass - these are actual points of doctrine. Ask any Mormon about the Kolob solar system, see what they say.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote