Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 07-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #1
luna876

obama and hillary

since hillary has dropped out i think that obama has a huge chance but it has always been a republican president except for clinton. BUT IF OBAMA WERE 2 IDK chose hillary for vp then all the hilary fans will go for obama because that there are a lot of undesided votes all the hillary fans don't want to vote for obama or mccain but if obama chooses hillary for vp the he will have this race in the bag. but what do i care really i have lived in finland for most of my life and i have only lived here for 10 yrs.
luna876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
viscus

Lurk more.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
luna876

mina kyske hibum otale
luna876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #4
Splintered

Whachutalkinboutwillis?

Carter, Johnson, and Kennedy were all Democrats. That's a large part of recent history.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
LaBelleDameSansMerci

I'm kinda scared that not enough people will vote for a black guy (consciously or subconsciously), especially not after a bitter, shredding battle with another candidate...

I still hope though...
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

There's more people that are going to vote for a black guy than there are people that are not going to vote for a black guy.

Neither is that interested in Obama, though.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:56 PM   #7
JCC

Obama's rush to the centre pissed me off. Yes, it's a standard amongst politicans after the preliminaries to rush to the centre and get independent votes. However it reinforced to me that Obama is just another politician, and that pissed me off, because after pitching entirely from the left and then rushing to centre, it shows the lack of integrity Obama has. If I were an American adult I'd still vote for him because otherwise it's John fucking McCain, but Obama disappointed greatly.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:29 PM   #8
dre bin laden

im not really so entirely up to date with this whole thing. my whole life ive just kinda been like "the government is gonna lie and do whatever they want anyway, why bother?"... i know this is a terrible way to look at things.
hillary clinton pisses me off and so does mccain. i know obamas all into change and everything and i think change is what we need most in this country. i feel like mccain would keep everything the way it is. i don't like the war because i have friends in iraq but i don't know anything about what would happen realistically if we jst pulled our troops out. im not really so into politics and never really liked the military or government part of history. i do however support obama for my own selfish reasons because he has done this crazy government shit which i don't know the correct terminology for where he tried to pass a bill that said fyrom cannot provoke greece and to leave greece alone, which is politics that i am very interested in as i am a nationalistic greek and fyrom is trying to desecrate our history. other than that, im in the dark here...
dre bin laden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:23 PM   #9
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Obama's rush to the centre pissed me off. Yes, it's a standard amongst politicans after the preliminaries to rush to the centre and get independent votes. However it reinforced to me that Obama is just another politician, and that pissed me off, because after pitching entirely from the left and then rushing to centre, it shows the lack of integrity Obama has. If I were an American adult I'd still vote for him because otherwise it's John fucking McCain, but Obama disappointed greatly.
I was especially upset with his yes vote on the FISA amendment.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

Old 07-22-2008, 02:22 AM   #10
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
I was especially upset with his yes vote on the FISA amendment.
Yeah, and he also said yes for the death penalty on child ****, which while some people may agree with it, was a startingly centrist or right wing thing to do considering his campaign, that pissed me off as well. The FISA was a more effecting act, but the sheer terse nature of agreeing with the death penalty reinforced Obama as just another politician. Basically, the guy is an all-around disappointment and stage actor.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:03 AM   #11
viscus

Really? I didn't hear about that. Huh.

*sigh* So much for "change we can believe in." Once again it's a choice between the lesser of two evils. I suppose one can't really expect it to be otherwise, in America or most other places.

-William S. Burroughs