Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #1
Haunted House

"Dude, it's a fucking band name."

As is common for people who I share a music taste with, I have a leather jacket that is covered with buttons, patches and paint among other things. I decided that I would dedicate the entire back of said jacket to my favorite band, the Sex Gang Children. Yes, most of you know this, but it's going somewhere.

Now, it's winter and my leather jacket is the warmest one that I have so of course I'm going to wear it everywhere. I don't think that there has been one time that I have gone out without hearing the name of my favorite band whispered in disgust from behind me in stores or parking lots. I've had groups of idiotic high school or middle school kids yell things like "This dawg likes 'em five years old!". I've even had parents herd their kids away from me. This just furthers my view that the general public is completely incapable of drawing logical conclusions. EVERYTHING ELSE on my jacket is (or should obviously be) something related to a band that I like, yet accourding to some uppity members of the public, I'm advertising to them what I want to do to their kids in large letters on the back of my jacket. It just doesn't make sense.

Now for my question. This is directed at anyone who has any kind of Sex Gang Children related article of clothing, DIY-ed or not.

Has anyone else ever been hastled for such a thing and in such a ridiculous manner?
Old 12-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
Mr. Filth

I had the cradle of filth work shirt that says

SUCKING
corporate
COCK
sINce

on the back.

That one gets some great idiotic responses.
Mr. Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
Man In Room 5

My 1st leather jacket had spikes, chains, skulls and a Sex Pistols backpatch. People avoided me unless they were into punk--and let's face it--isn't that exactly why we dress that way? To ward off the mainstream?

My second backpatch was the Misfits and some ghetto gangbanger asked me if they were a biker gang or something because he noticed it was mainly white males in leather jackets that wore Misfits stuff.

It's not like the Sex Pistols or Misfits are obscure. They're 2 of the biggest punk bands ever. So, I can see where the Sex Gang Children might attract even more attention.

I've been thinking of painting the Bauhaus face on my new leather jacket without the word Bauhaus anywhere on it. Anyone who asks, "What does that mean" will get an automatic fail.

Besides, bands like Sex Gang Children, Sex Pistols and several other punk/goth bands picked their names because they offended the mainstream, so negative reactions aren't surprising.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
SKULHEDFACE

Don't they know real pedoph!les dress amazingly similar to their neighbors?
SKULHEDFACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:37 PM   #5
gothicusmaximus

A drunk housewife once stopped me on the street to ask me if I was "an Alien Sex Fiend" and why one would give one's money to 'people who say stupid things like that'. She repeated these queries several times before she realized I had walked away.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:56 PM   #6
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
A drunk housewife once stopped me on the street to ask me if I was "an Alien Sex Fiend" and why one would give one's money to 'people who say stupid things like that'. She repeated these queries several times before she realized I had walked away.
Hahaha, wow.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
a morbid curiosity

One of my friends once took a bag which I had tattooed with the lyrics of various bands and brutally vandalised it. She scored out "REINVENTING THE WHEEL TO RUN MYSELF OVER" and instead wrote in "Reinventing The Wheel To Run To Disneyland! I <3 A MORBID CURIOSITY!!!" and various inane smiley faces and lovehearts.

Pffffft. They just don't understand the ways of the dark side.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #8
Necrophagist

Man I got slagged off for wearing an Iron Maiden shirt.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
As is common for people who I share a music taste with, I have a leather jacket that is covered with buttons, patches and paint among other things. I decided that I would dedicate the entire back of said jacket to my favorite band, the Sex Gang Children. Yes, most of you know this, but it's going somewhere.

Now, it's winter and my leather jacket is the warmest one that I have so of course I'm going to wear it everywhere. I don't think that there has been one time that I have gone out without hearing the name of my favorite band whispered in disgust from behind me in stores or parking lots. I've had groups of idiotic high school or middle school kids yell things like "This dawg likes 'em five years old!". I've even had parents herd their kids away from me. This just furthers my view that the general public is completely incapable of drawing logical conclusions. EVERYTHING ELSE on my jacket is (or should obviously be) something related to a band that I like, yet accourding to some uppity members of the public, I'm advertising to them what I want to do to their kids in large letters on the back of my jacket. It just doesn't make sense.

Now for my question. This is directed at anyone who has any kind of Sex Gang Children related article of clothing, DIY-ed or not.

Has anyone else ever been hastled for such a thing and in such a ridiculous manner?
"Wut, do u lyke gang sex with children?"

That guy was such a douche, and everyone is stupid.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #10
Fae-wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULHEDFACE
Don't they know real pedoph!les dress amazingly similar to their neighbors?
I was thinking the same thing.
Fae-wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #11
PortraitOfSanity

My favorite memory is of trying to explain a patch for a Goregrind band named "Destructive Explosion Of Anal Garland."

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #12
Underwater Ophelia

If you're wearing something that YOU KNOW will draw negative attention, don't complain when it draws negative attention.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #13
Genocide

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
My favorite memory is of trying to explain a patch for a Goregrind band named "Destructive Explosion Of Anal Garland."
If people can actually read your goregrind patch, it mustn`t be real goregrind
Genocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:28 PM   #14
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide
If people can actually read your goregrind patch, it mustn`t be real goregrind
The patch is this circle thing with an arm sticking out making horns. He asked what band it was.

But yea, generally you're right.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #15
Genocide

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
The patch is this circle thing with an arm sticking out making horns. He asked what band it was.

But yea, generally you're right.
Well I couldn`t help but make the joke. Also note that googling goregrind will give you ridiculous goregrind cover-art.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #16
KontanKarite

Actually, Double H, yes. I have a blazer jacket with a DIYed Sex Gang Children back patch on it.

It has raised some eyebrows and yes, it elicits strange looks. Oh well. Too bad it looks so fucking cool.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:50 PM   #17
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
If you're wearing something that YOU KNOW will draw negative attention, don't complain when it draws negative attention.
I have to agree, this is a good point.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #18
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
I have to agree, this is a good point.

Yeah, it's too much to ask people to simply ask why those words are there.

Haunted, just wear it. It's a nice jacket and it keeps you warm. If you catch someone giving you shit for it, then just explain to them what it is.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #19
Mr. Filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Bro. That's called flirting. She wanted to hit that. Was she hot?
Mr. Filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #20
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:

That happens with my Kill the Poor patch, my political badges (no surprise on that) and my God Save the Queen shirt. Most people tell me I look cool though, so I don't really care.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:38 PM   #21
Cicero

I've had heaps of comments on my Alien Sex Fiend badge, mostly just 'Nice badge, ha ha'.

As for the Sex Gang Children... Admittedly it was because I expected similar reactions to those Haunted had that I left my jacket with only the logo and not the band name. I also avoid wearing my Rudimentary Peni t-shirt to family occasions since people always read an S on the end of it (not that its particularly conservative-Christian-relative-friendly without the S anyway, haha).

Many years ago I wore a truly horrible London After Midnight t-shirt that unfortunately had 'Jesus Hates Me' emblazoned on the back. I was stopped in the street once by someone who said with such earnest sincerity 'Jesus loves you, you know'. Facepalm moment.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #22
Genocide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
I've had heaps of comments on my Alien Sex Fiend badge, mostly just 'Nice badge, ha ha'.

As for the Sex Gang Children... Admittedly it was because I expected similar reactions to those Haunted had that I left my jacket with only the logo and not the band name. I also avoid wearing my Rudimentary Peni t-shirt to family occasions since people always read an S on the end of it (not that its particularly conservative-Christian-relative-friendly without the S anyway, haha).

Many years ago I wore a truly horrible London After Midnight t-shirt that unfortunately had 'Jesus Hates Me' emblazoned on the back. I was stopped in the street once by someone who said with such earnest sincerity 'Jesus loves you, you know'. Facepalm moment.
Yikes. That reminds me in a different way of my Mortiis shirt. It says GOD HATES ME on the back. A few weeks ago the westboro baptist church were saying they were coming to my town here in Canada to picket the current school play (Laramie Project). If you don't already know, the WBC stand around with signs saying GOD HATE FAGS. So anyway during that week, the local whore was acting quite drunk during lunch in the cafeteria. She was being a bitch to me, and I turned around and she saw the back of my shirt and responded with, "GOD HATES YOU? You're SUCH A ******!". So I promptly told her she's getting in serious shit for being a homophobic cunt. I contacted the principal about the situation and it has been dealt with. Of all the kids in my group, I am the only one who the principal respects. Um sure this is whining in a way but hey, it's a similar issue. I never expected that sort of reaction; that loudly aswell; from people at school as people never bitch like that they just accept it.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #23
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Yeah, it's too much to ask people to simply ask why those words are there.

Haunted, just wear it. It's a nice jacket and it keeps you warm. If you catch someone giving you shit for it, then just explain to them what it is.
Of course. I'm never just going to NOT wear it. It just baffles me that people are so stupid as to not be able to conclude that it's a band name when, clearly, most everything else written on my clothes is. If people would just ask me what it is, I'll gladly tell them. I've done such a few times before during the rare times that people have actually asked.

I just wanted to know if it was only me who was going through this Sex Gang Children related madness. I also wonder if Andi knows what he's putting his fans through. Hahaha.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #24
KontanKarite

Nah, man. I get it a lot. HA! Try wearing a Bloody, Dead, And Sexy patch. Now THAT'S comedy gold. Nothing says asshole like someone who thinks they're sexy and advertises it on a shirt.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:45 PM   #25
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Of course. I'm never just going to NOT wear it. It just baffles me that people are so stupid as to not be able to conclude that it's a band name when, clearly, most everything else written on my clothes is. If people would just ask me what it is, I'll gladly tell them. I've done such a few times before during the rare times that people have actually asked.

I just wanted to know if it was only me who was going through this Sex Gang Children related madness. I also wonder if Andi knows what he's putting his fans through. Hahaha.
Matt, they aren't stupid for not knowing it's a band name.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote