Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 03-19-2010, 10:59 AM   #276
JCC

I like how you responded to your own question because what you had to say was so incisive and clever and you couldn't contain it.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:02 AM   #277
annwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I like how you responded to your own question because what you had to say was so incisive and clever and you couldn't contain it.
Become my intellectual equal and stop being an a-hole and then maybe i'll respond like that to YOU too.

I've got a book list you can get started on if you like--there are only a few thousand titles on it.....
annwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #278
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by annwn View Post
Become my intellectual equal and stop being an a-hole and then maybe i'll respond like that to YOU too.

I've got a book list you can get started on if you like--there are only a few thousand titles on it.....
Capitalise your Is.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #279
annwn

Quote:
Capitalise your Is.

Too much work hitting that shift button.....
annwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #280
Ben Lahnger

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by annwn View Post
Too much work hitting that shift button.....
And it's that kind of laziness that afflicts your thinking and your commentary.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #281
Despanan

Quote:
Why are libertarians almost invariably totally fucking crazy?
I don't know about generally, but recently it's because they're mainly conservatives who've lost faith in the republican party, but aren't ready to support the "darkie" in the White House because they're still sufficiently terrified by the republican fear campaign (and good old fashioned racism).

They express this loss of faith by repeating Fox news talking points and doing whatever Carl Rove suggests, which is at this point: Revolution. Conservatives are playing to the fears and disenfrancisment of their base in an effort to block every reform the white house and congress try to push through. They figure they can seize power again if they can cause the Obama administration to "fail" by blocking any attempt to incite actual change, and then blame it on the democrats. They also figure they can get back all or most of their newly minted "revolutionaries" because, as they have shown, they are people who are highly susceptible to propaganda and rhetoric. As soon as the Neocons get back into office they'll claim we "got our country back". They may even try to claim it was a bloodless revolution (Kinda like Ron Paul's slogan).

I mean look at how dogmatic these "revolutionaries" are. They repeat foxnews talking points like "Political Theatre" and "Clean Sheaf of Paper". They incite people against those who are actually attempting to do harm, and they either don't vote, or vote for republicans and conservative libertarian whack-jobs.

Hence the Tea-baggers, and Sarah Palin speaking at their convention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #282
Lethe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
I don't know about generally, but recently it's because they're mainly conservatives who've lost faith in the republican party, but aren't ready to support the "darkie" in the White House because they're still sufficiently terrified by the republican fear campaign (and good old fashioned racism).

They express this loss of faith by repeating Fox news talking points and doing whatever Carl Rove suggests, which is at this point: Revolution. Conservatives are playing to the fears and disenfrancisment of their base in an effort to block every reform the white house and congress try to push through. They figure they can seize power again if they can cause the Obama administration to "fail" by blocking any attempt to incite actual change, and then blame it on the democrats. They also figure they can get back all or most of their newly minted "revolutionaries" because, as they have shown, they are people who are highly susceptible to propaganda and rhetoric. As soon as the Neocons get back into office they'll claim we "got our country back". They may even try to claim it was a bloodless revolution (Kinda like Ron Paul's slogan).

I mean look at how dogmatic these "revolutionaries" are. They repeat foxnews talking points like "Political Theatre" and "Clean Sheaf of Paper". They incite people against those who are actually attempting to do harm, and they either don't vote, or vote for republicans and conservative libertarian whack-jobs.

Hence the Tea-baggers, and Sarah Palin speaking at their convention.
I found a rather amusing and overall pathetic attempt to rally voices against Obama this morning. I was searching through my yahoo mail and some of the news stories when my eyes spotted this little number. I advise you to read the comments.

http://buzz.y.ahoo.com/article/1:086...-the-president
Just take out the period.
Lethe is offline   Reply With Quote