Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-31-2005, 07:41 PM   #1
CptSternn

Onion-y Goodness

This is funny.

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.p...e=4121&n=2
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:10 AM   #2
WolfMoon

Frankly, it verges on stupidity! My husband has absolutely no idea who the Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, Skinny Puppy or Siousie and the Banshees are, but it's never even been an issue. His favorite bands are 311, Jane's Addiction and Mr.Bungle. Big fucking deal. I can't even believe some assholes thought that was worth putting out an article!

*sigh*

My favorite singer is Avril Lavine, but his is Amy Lee! How, oh how, will our marriage survive such an ordeal!

Utter ridiculousness.

:roll:
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:31 PM   #3
Corpus_Draconis

Seriously. My boyfriend was somewhere between a prep and a nerd, but we still went out.

I think the friends of BOTH people are being closed-minded, and I congratulate the couple on not listening to them.

And about the music, I listen to metal and gothic all the time. I put them on the same playlist.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:20 PM   #4
The_Crazy_Irishman

Wolfmoon I'm not so sure about, but Corpus (plus anyone else who might read it) you do realise The Onion is a satirical newspage? One that can be damn funny at times (like one I saw with jennifer lopez covering the entire page in pictures, with the headline saying 'No New Jennifer Lopez News Today' :lol: ) but this isn't its best
The_Crazy_Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:35 PM   #5
creepylittleshit

The sad thing is, there are people out there like that. I have met them.

Since we are on the subject, my boyfriend is an old hippy. I want to rip out my eardrums whenever he starts playing his protest music. Its hardly something we would break up over though.
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 07:09 PM   #6
CptSternn

Hippy protest music? For the love of GOD woman hit him now. Hard. Real fecking hard. Like with a large 2x4. I mean, thats reason to hit someone very hard. Like hippies readin poety listening to phish, ye just have to nip it in the bud. Quickly.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:16 PM   #7
creepylittleshit

I can't do that I love the man. He doesn't blare it in my ears that often anyhow because he knows it annoys me.
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:52 AM   #8
AlKilyu

No he's right, creepy, tis much better to anonymously place a bomb on a bus full of innocent women and children, or to take out those who oppose you from their house in front of their families and kill them, rather than listen to peaceful protest music. That's balsier and more civilized. :roll:

And hit them with some sort of weapon, instead of your fists, because more than likely you (not you creepy) could get your ass beat all things being equal. :roll:
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:21 AM   #9
CptSternn

Is that an offer Ally The Hut? I mean, I'll let you have a weapon, if you want to take a swing at me. I'll even throw in a few hundred quid if you can drop me. It will be in my pocket. All you have to do is take it.

Slán
Old 06-03-2005, 10:24 AM   #10
winged_dreams

Even if it's a satirical newspaper, it still stinks that some people act like that and are so damned close minded. Hell, I don't even think about what subculture my fiance fit into. I just thought he was sexy and it just went from there. XD All of his friends and mine don't care about supposed subcultures. I'm just really happy that I snagged a nice one!

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:51 AM   #11
AlKilyu

Another thinly veiled plot for me to reach into your pocket again? Dude please...I am flattered that you want me, but I don't swing that way.

Someone is getting upset enough they want to fight irl again, a sign that someone is on the ropes, yet again.

People who can fight don't talk about it constantly. At least I can and don't.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #12
Deadhymn

you people do realize that the article is fiction right? its not real? its SATIRE. The Onion MAKES STUFF UP to poke fun. Like their article on the love child of W. Bush and Susan Sarandon. THEY"RE MAKING FUN OF YOU.
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 07:41 AM   #13
CptSternn

Deadhymn - to be sure to be sure!

Slán