Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #4026
Deadmanwalking_05

Just found out my little bro in the Airborne had two buddies zapped,God damn it nothing better happen to that kid.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:47 AM   #4027
gothicusmaximus

Gothic.net, I HAVE BED BUGS.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #4028
Solumina

Ewwww those things are nasty. Get a pro to get rid of them, bug bombs and the like don't really work.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #4029
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Ewwww those things are nasty. Get a pro to get rid of them, bug bombs and the like don't really work.
Thankfully, my building covers the exterminator. I just hope he doesn't make me get a new mattress.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #4030
Ben Lahnger

Man, that sucks. I hope getting rid of those things doesn't put you out much.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #4031
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Thankfully, my building covers the exterminator. I just hope he doesn't make me get a new mattress.
Either way, make sure to regularly turn your mattress ( not just over to the other side but also from top to bottom ) , and strip off the duvet/covers every day to expose the matress to light and air ( they hate it ) . Vacuuming your mattress to help remove the dead skin and sweat you shed every night will also help.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #4032
Ben Lahnger

So, I am getting so tired of slogging through job application after job application in the dreary desert of no response land where callbacks are infrequent due to the number of freaking people who are all looking for work. I saw a stat that said there are 5 unemployed people for every one new job opening. Son of a bitch! It's just become a bit depressing ... wanting to work and not being able to.

But that's not why I'm ranting today. No, today I'm bitching about a particular kind of callback I have been getting lately ... the bait call.

Some of them are just calls from companies that I didn't and wouldn't apply to for jobs I wouldn't ever do and couldn't even be good at because of my character - car salesman, insurance salesman, etc.. These folks call me (or email me) and say the cutest things in their form letters ... "We've reviewed your resume and we think you'd be a perfect match for our position" ... when nothing on my resume is close to doing that.

But the one I'm writing about today came from an 877 number. Here's the message this "recruiter" left:

Your resume has been received by our company and we believe you have the skills and abilities to be successful. We're hiring and would like to discuss the possibility of scheduling an interview with you this week to schedule an interview call us at 1(877) 519-1802. Have a great day.

They didn't mention of what kind of job it is. They didn't mention what company it was for. And my cautious mind screamed out SCAM!!!

I researched the number on the web and found lots of people have gotten these calls, and the company never identifies themselves. Then I found this:

Identity Thieves Prowling for Job Seekers
Fake job ads up 345% as recession creates opportunities for scam artists
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...job_scams.html

Fuckin-A ... try to steal from me when I'm down, eh? Now I really feel motivated to try to ID these S.O.B.'s so I can put my state Attorney General on their trail.

It pisses me off!

[/rant]

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 07-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #4033
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
So, I am getting so tired of slogging through job application after job application in the dreary desert of no response land where callbacks are infrequent due to the number of freaking people who are all looking for work. I saw a stat that said there are 5 unemployed people for every one new job opening. Son of a bitch! It's just become a bit depressing ... wanting to work and not being able to.

But that's not why I'm ranting today. No, today I'm bitching about a particular kind of callback I have been getting lately ... the bait call.

Some of them are just calls from companies that I didn't and wouldn't apply to for jobs I wouldn't ever do and couldn't even be good at because of my character - car salesman, insurance salesman, etc.. These folks call me (or email me) and say the cutest things in their form letters ... "We've reviewed your resume and we think you'd be a perfect match for our position" ... when nothing on my resume is close to doing that.

But the one I'm writing about today came from an 877 number. Here's the message this "recruiter" left:

Your resume has been received by our company and we believe you have the skills and abilities to be successful. We're hiring and would like to discuss the possibility of scheduling an interview with you this week to schedule an interview call us at 1(877) 519-1802. Have a great day.

They didn't mention of what kind of job it is. They didn't mention what company it was for. And my cautious mind screamed out SCAM!!!

I researched the number on the web and found lots of people have gotten these calls, and the company never identifies themselves. Then I found this:

Identity Thieves Prowling for Job Seekers
Fake job ads up 345% as recession creates opportunities for scam artists
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...job_scams.html

Fuckin-A ... try to steal from me when I'm down, eh? Now I really feel motivated to try to ID these S.O.B.'s so I can put my state Attorney General on their trail.

It pisses me off!

[/rant]
Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. I'd like to say I can't believe that people are trying to scam the unemployed but unfortunately I do believe it.

Something will turn up soon.
Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:36 AM   #4034
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. I'd like to say I can't believe that people are trying to scam the unemployed but unfortunately I do believe it.

Something will turn up soon.
At least in my case, when I'm feeling like life is a truck and I've been run over, simple words of encouragement such as these DO make a difference.

Thank you very much for the kind words.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 07-18-2010, 08:11 AM   #4035
Deadmanwalking_05

I think I'm starting to get through to you guys and gals on G.Net

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:48 AM   #4036
Solumina

Ben I've been there and there is still hope. I was out of work for the better part of 2 years (thanks to savings and temporary jobs I was able to stay afloat) but I completely understand giving up hope due to all of the applications that don't get any response as well as all of the job offers that turn out to be scams. I was still able to find a job after all of that time, sure it wasn't ideal but I've been able to transfer to a department where I'm actually happy and, while the money isn't great, I'm making more than enough to pay my bills.

On a related note: why is it that when I can actually afford to be in therapy I'm emotionally healthy and don't need it but when I really need it I can't afford it?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #4037
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Ben I've been there and there is still hope. ... I was still able to find a job after all of that time, sure it wasn't ideal but I've been able to transfer to a department where I'm actually happy and, while the money isn't great, I'm making more than enough to pay my bills.
Thank you for the assurance of hope. Making more than enough to pay my bills, so I can put just a little bit aside each payday, would be fine for me now.

Quote:
On a related note: why is it that when I can actually afford to be in therapy I'm emotionally healthy and don't need it but when I really need it I can't afford it?
Isn't that the way it goes? I've been healthy as a horse most of my life, but the one big medical calamity that occurred to me happened during one of those brief spells in my life when I was without health insurance.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 07-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #4038
Fruitbat

Quote:
*snip*

I gave up on therapy years ago, and went off down a path of self-discovery. I do pretty good at it 90% of the time.. you'd be surprised at how resiliant you can be when you have to be. I've had some really dumbass counsellors in the past who make stupid assumptions and say the dumbest things.

Oops hijacked the rant thread... um...er...why is there no chocolate in the house when you need it. **rant** Oh and why is it that 17mth old children decide to run off with the toothpaste when you are in the shower with shampoo in your hair?
Old 07-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #4039
Saya

I'd like to try therapy but can't afford it and you have to be in a pretty bad situation before you can get approved for free therapy. Although I can get counselling from psychology grad students through my school I think, I'm going to have to look into it this fall. I love school, don't get me wrong, but went I went on campus while doing booth work for the center I got very anxious. I stopped going full time because of my social anxiety disorder, I used to have panic attacks almost every day and would often burst into tears, I'm much much better now but I guess the memory of being in that state makes me feel worried its going to happen again I guess. And every person I pass I feel like they're judging me, I don't do that anywhere else anymore.

Erm, not to take attention away from Sol, but on that note if you have a chronic condition maybe it would be wise to see a therapist now and then just in case? Best to fix the roof when the sun is shining, and all that.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #4040
Ben Lahnger

I would also like to point out that one would be most likely to be depressed when one is down and out. Being broke is stressful. Being depressed about being broke is natural. When you can afford therapy, you probably don't have the same amount of stress in your life.

Just a thought. Saya's point is a good one too.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 07-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #4041
Fruitbat

I wholeheartedly agree that therapists have their place and there are many conditions that are best treated with therapists.

It's hard enough trying to work though things when you are 100% there, let alone trying to deal with major panic/anxiety/PTSD episode and try and think your way out your situation on your own.

Saya, don't let my bad experience stop you from talking to the grad students. Sometimes just talking with a professional can help you put some perspective on things. And always remember that if the first one doesn't help you, then keep going until you find someone you click with.

By the sounds of things, you need a behind the scenes job. Having social anxiety issues and working in customer service of any kind is not the right job for you - that's just my opinion from my own personal experience. Maybe down the track, but not now while you are feeling anxious about things.

Find someone to talk to about it. (Am I allowed to give out hugs on this forum? - **big cyber hug**)
Old 07-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #4042
Saya

I don't think I'd be happy in a behind-the-scenes job much, I do get lonely and I love helping people. I do enjoy my retail job because my coworkers are awesome and for the most part I really don't get many bitchy customers, sometimes I don't feel like talking and I can get away with it, and I'm going to be doing more presentations for the center where I volunteer, where I'm mostly following guidelines and leading discussions. I did get anxious yesterday when the yard sale first started because I was just walking around making sure the tables were tidy, I felt like I wasn't doing much and I wasn't needed. I didn't feel a whole lot better until other volunteers started leaving and I took over the donations table. Thats the sort of thing I hate too, feeling useless or incompetent.

I don't speak much either, pretty much only when I have to unless I'm around people I know well. I try but I'm afraid I come off as awkward sometimes. I'm great with topics I adore but its hard to steer conversation towards something like the role of women in Buddhism or how Okami was the best Zelda game ever XD

I'm way better than I used to be though. Tons better! I'd never have the courage to go volunteer with complete strangers like I did this year, or approach customers with a smile and ask if they need help four years ago when I left school. I've learned that even if I'm afraid throwing myself out there will make me much happier than hiding inside the house all day. But yeah, for the bad days I should talk to somebody when I go back to school.

Thanks a ton for the hugs ^_^
Old 07-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #4043
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
FUCK I hate drama!

My daughter's drama is just as bad sober as when she is drunk. At least when she is drunk we just put her to bed and she snores loudly. That I can tolerate. Her sober ranting is worse tonight. She doesn't understand the old saying about better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

My life sucks.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #4044
Ben Lahnger

Yeah it's about time.

FINALLY!

Christopher Hitchens from Slate calls a spade a spade in his July 19th article:

Mel Gibson Isn't Just an Angry Narcissist
His tirades are the distilled violence, cruelty, and bigotry of right-wing Catholic ideology.

He calls out all the people who keep making allowances for Mel, and details incident after incident that should leave no doubt in even the casual reader's mind that the accusation is deserved.

Added bonus: At the bottom of the page Slate has recycled the trailer for the movie "What Women Want", dubbing Mel's recent recorded rantings in for the original Mel Gibson dialog.

"I need medication!" ... Indeed.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 07-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #4045
Pineapple_Juice

Rant: Still retardedly in love with ex boyfriend, and loathe his new girlfriend entirely.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #4046
gothicusmaximus

As a counterpoint to my post in 'what's made your day', my earlier bedbug bites continue be hideous and itch.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #4047
MiladyMalice

Ants have been swarming my kitchen for the past few weeks. I find them all over my dinnerware and sometimes in my food. I even found a flying fucker in my basement. Now this means I have to look for their nesting area.
God, I hate insects.
MiladyMalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #4048
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I'd like to try therapy but can't afford it and you have to be in a pretty bad situation before you can get approved for free therapy. Although I can get counselling from psychology grad students through my school I think, I'm going to have to look into it this fall. I love school, don't get me wrong, but went I went on campus while doing booth work for the center I got very anxious. I stopped going full time because of my social anxiety disorder, I used to have panic attacks almost every day and would often burst into tears, I'm much much better now but I guess the memory of being in that state makes me feel worried its going to happen again I guess. And every person I pass I feel like they're judging me, I don't do that anywhere else anymore.

Erm, not to take attention away from Sol, but on that note if you have a chronic condition maybe it would be wise to see a therapist now and then just in case? Best to fix the roof when the sun is shining, and all that.
Panic attacks suck balls! To tide you over until you can get good professional help, you may try some coping techniques. Deep breathing is something that helped me get through my minor ones when I was having a tough time.

I do understand that its not always going to help, especially if they're the ones that make your face and hands numb... but it can definitely help the ones that just make your heart race horribly.

I don't know if you already do this or not, but another thing that can help keep you calm is a really good artistic outlet.. painting, drawing, those ones are pretty obvious, but the ones that used to work the best for me, were jewelery making, and crochet.

I hope this helps at least a little. Do be careful and take it easy, its much harder to get back on track after a nervous breakdown.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #4049
Ben Lahnger

According to some news reports I saw earlier, the record heat wave combined with higher than normal precipitation has caused us to enjoy (!) a bumper crop of insects of all kinds, from mosquitoes to cockroaches. I can't keep the bugs out of my house either.

Also, on another report I saw scientists are reporting that the increase of things like shark bites as well as ray and jellyfish stings at public beaches this summer are attributable to higher than normal ocean water temperatures. The expert they interviewed then went on to explain that an increase in water temperature of one half of a degree is enough to cause jellyfish to reproduce in the THOUSANDS.

In fact, she called jellyfish the cockroaches of the ocean.

FUCK!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 07-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #4050
Saya

I'm terrified of jellyfish. There's this cliff out home that I used to just lie down and look over the edge, and you'd see schools of giant jellyfish swimming below *shudder*

So far not a big problem with bugs *knock on wood*, mostly spiders it seems and I leave them alone. My logic is that they'll eat other intruders.