Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #2751
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
Remember that time I PMed you your own address and surprised you?

No connection, of course.
Wait, are you implying that someone acquired my address via the blog I've been unable to update in over a year, and followed me around with the intent to steal my computer? I'll consider your theory, but I think the lesson that I should take from this is "don't look away from your computer for 30 seconds in a public place" rather than "if Man in Room 5 can figure out your address from your blog, you should care."
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #2752
vindicatedxjin

FUCK!!! I hate all this spam!

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #2753
Solumina

I thought I had a good plan to try and both sleep and spend some conscious time with Jake but I'm starting to think that it wasn't very well thought through.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #2754
skoteinh

I need some lurv!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #2755
Solumina

Well damn I thought I had found my wedding dress but it from a designer's fall line and my size is no longer available. Maybe I'll just have to go with the six and have it taken in, I'm just worried that taking it in a size and a half (as the two was just a pinch too small in the bust) would distort the shape of the skirt and/or the neckline but I have a friend who is a seamstress so I'll see what she thinks. At least I have another dress that I love pretty equally, my mother just loves this one a lot more.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #2756
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I have no job, and I really need one.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #2757
emeraldlonewoulf

Solumina, don't worry about a mere size or two, a competent seamstress or dressmaker can handle that with no problem. Way back in the day ( 1st marriage, 18 yrs old, etc) I had to purchase a size 16 dress to fit around my shoulders and chest, and still be able to zip up the back. problem was I had a size 7/8 waist at the time. Looked great, couldn't find clothes to fit properly to save my life. Anyway, I took it to a seamstress shop, she matched me on the first try, and I didn't even need a second fitting. Had no problems at all in how the fabric fell or in anything being uneven. The professionals in the field can do wonders with their chosen craft. Congrats on the wedding, I hope the details come together for you easily.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:10 AM   #2758
The Divine Ms. M

Sigh...Voltaire's playing Bar Sinister tomorrow in LA & I wish I could go...

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here."-from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

"A real friend will stab you in the front."-licence plate frame a friend & I saw
Please read My Blog!
The Divine Ms. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #2759
the-nihilist

I've no internet access at home.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:27 AM   #2760
Alan

Someone stole my debit card. Motherfucker.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #2761
KissMeDeadly

Why is the ETSU campus such a douchebag magnet? I'm not even a student and it annoys me. Every time I'm over visiting my friend who lives in the dorms I'm assaulted by semi-long haired men wearing scarves and horn rimmed glasses with the lenses popped out. The few that I've spoken to talk only about either the newest generic hipster band or how they're moms are bitches for not sending them as much money as they wanted.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #2762
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Someone stole my debit card. Motherfucker.
Holy shit. It's the same guy. He must've run WHO IS queries on both of our blogs.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:18 PM   #2763
Solumina

Is it possible to get burn out from doing nothing all day? We had all of zero check ins while I was on shift today and maybe half a dozen people wanted help so most of the time was spent hearing all about my coworker's little snowflake. Oh well at least next week I'm over at our other property which is much larger and therefore should have more going on.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-09-2010, 03:31 PM   #2764
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Is it possible to get burn out from doing nothing all day? We had all of zero check ins while I was on shift today and maybe half a dozen people wanted help so most of the time was spent hearing all about my coworker's little snowflake. Oh well at least next week I'm over at our other property which is much larger and therefore should have more going on.
Yes, I've felt burnt out from doing nothing at work! It's totally normal. I felt that my brain had shut down, and that there was no point in being at work. Feeling bored at work is tiring.

What happened with the dress, Sol?
Old 01-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #2765
Solumina

Well it is going to be tricky to alter because of the construction, specifically the neckline, it shouldn't be too big of a problem going down just one size but I'm rather persnickety so I'm going to check out two more dress shops before I decide whether or not to get the six (especially since it is on the high end of my budget before alterations). There is still the other dress that I also love, which is still in stock (this one was from their winter collection the other dress was from the fall) so if I don't find something that I love down here and all of the sixes of the apple dress sell out then I still have the blue dress which I also love, and I found both of those dresses on my first day of dress shopping so I'm not really worried.

Plus I look fantastic in just about anything.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #2766
Anarasha

My e1 string is broken -.- And that is the only string I did not have a spare one of. So now I have to wait a couple of days to get the new strings I ordered.
It is making me all crappy and jumpy that I can't just grab my guitar and play whenever I want to.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:25 AM   #2767
Saya

Quote:
I got called in today for five hours since they realized the other girl would have no one to cover for her breaks, but we also had a storm today so there was no one in. I sold maybe three things. And yet even though it was dead and it was only five hours I feel like it was twelve and I'm exhausted.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #2768
Ophelia's Snorkel

I am in so much pain. I hurt my shoulder badly...when I was sleeping! Now I feel like such a loser.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:08 AM   #2769
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
Holy shit. It's the same guy. He must've run WHO IS queries on both of our blogs.
About that stolen computer thing....It took me a while to decipher that large Hebrew document whose properties box was checked as "hidden" but what I expected to be a full version of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion turned out merely to be a rather large collection of Golden Girls slash fic.

And, Alan, looking at your past debit charges I'm puzzled. I don't speak German but I'm sure the Veronica Moser video you ordered from overseas titled Sperrgebiet was not a documentary about the African diamond mines.

You should both be ashamed of yourselves.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:53 PM   #2770
Saya

My mouse is gone! She's not in her cage but I have no clue as to how she got out, the latches were secure and the bars are too close for her to squeeze through. I thought I heard her scratching around but I can't find her. I left a toilet paper tube on the floor with her wheelie ball and some food and water (mice apparently have a compulsion to hide in round tubes and she likes her wheelie ball, so I thought it was a good enticement), I left it there all day but so far nothing.

We've been hearing something in the wall for days now, and Lucy's been acting strange, maybe other mice busted her out and she's off to live with them?

I'm sure she wants mousey friends, but now I'm just afraid I'll step on her, I'll get into bed and she'll be there (I'm not sleeping in my bed until I get a chance to wash everything in my room and gut it out so I know for a fact she's not there) or Lucy might get her.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:44 AM   #2771
Still Jack

Get a live trap and put some chocolate with peanut butter smeared on it ( or a snickers) up as bait, you'll get her back soon enough.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #2772
Man In Room 5

First GM's laptop, then Alan's debit card and now Saya's mouse. I can strike any time, anywhere and soon my instruments of masturba--I mean mass destruction will be assembled. I still need a set of D'Addario guitar strings and a polo sweater.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #2773
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
About that stolen computer thing....It took me a while to decipher that large Hebrew document whose properties box was checked as "hidden" but what I expected to be a full version of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion turned out merely to be a rather large collection of Golden Girls slash fic.

And, Alan, looking at your past debit charges I'm puzzled. I don't speak German but I'm sure the Veronica Moser video you ordered from overseas titled Sperrgebiet was not a documentary about the African diamond mines.

You should both be ashamed of yourselves.
Bwah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #2774
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Plus I look fantastic in just about anything.
I'm sure that is true. I'm glad you think so ... and I'm certain that Jake does.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:38 PM   #2775
Asocalisten

Dear now ex-boyfriend:

I am very thrilled that you are making a song about me. Please, make sure to send me a copy of it. I'd love to hear it.
It amuses me greatly. I shows that you are a bitter little bitch, and you haven't moved on yet. I'm sure I still mean a lot to you.
Congratulations on making yourself look like an idiot.
We're laughing at you, not with you.

Love,
your favourite whore.
Asocalisten is offline   Reply With Quote