Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #7901
BourbonBoy

That's shite FB. Hope you told them how you felt after that.

Hope your cousin's alright Saya.

My rant: Last day before the Christmas break and I'm in a great mood until what happened on the express bus from downtown to the bus station near my house. An old man is chatting with several women but clearly making the youngest one uncomfortable. I don't know what was said since I had my headphones on but it was enough for the young lady to get up and try to move seats when the old fart reached out and nearly made contact. The young woman said loud enough "Don't touch me!" One of her friends told him quite clearly that he'd upset her and he replied, "Oh, she'll get over it."

Yeah, that's why after she got off the bus at the station her friends crowded around her while I stayed within a dozen feet to make sure he didn't go near her before she stepped on the same bus as I did. I still kept my distance and sat in the back all the way to my neighborhood, but being an old fart doesn't excuse him treating her like that. That fucking asshole.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:14 PM   #7902
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
FB tell whoever said that to you to fuck right off!! House care alone is pretty much a part time job, when you add making your're own clothing and child care to it, pushes it in to "never done"-time.

Gratz on finding employment. Being broke sucks so much ass.

I have some sexily heavy boots if we need to do any heavy kicking. *wicked grin*

Yeah it is winter, we just got a bit of snow, at least I got outside enough to shovel the walk and brush all the snow off the car. I'm crossing my fingers hoping my rosemary survives the winter.

Saya, I hope your little cousin gets better soon.
Saya sorry to hear about the little one having to spend xmas in hospital. I think most hospitals do something special for kids in there on christmas day.

BB - good on ya for making sure she was okay. I've had that experience myself where someone on the bus was making me feel uncomfortable. It's nice to know someone's willing to step up.

Ape and BB: thanks for the support. I wish I could tell him to fuckoff but I live with him. He does know how I feel. I tell him often but sometimes its a case of the old "well you stay home all day, and what have you to show for it?" because the house has been trashed by a pre-schooler.

And I'd love to see you in your kickass boots... *sighs dreamily*

Friends are in Europe having a white christmas. It looks so beautiful, but then you see some poor person shovelling snow, and you realise that while it looks gorgeous, the pretty white stuff is a lot of hard work.

Rant:
Overtired and sick preschoolers. UGH! Last night was a schmozzles (spel?), oh and when they start saying your words back to you.... "Mum, we need to have a little talk." "Mum, I'm very disappointed in your behaviour."

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:35 PM   #7903
Solumina

Jake's family is here. I love them to bits but I've been doing to prep for Christmas (cleaning, shopping, making decorations, decorating, and a fuck ton of baking for Jake's classmates and teaching team, Jake did put most of the ornaments on the tree but nothing else, partially for reasons but mostly not) so I'm exhausted and I haven't been able to sleep since any pressure on my knee causes excruciating pain (which has also made all of the Christmas shit take a lot more out of me). I just want to sleep in. Just for one day. But no the first three days are the ones when they want to do all of the time consuming shit like going to Napa. Later in their stay there is nothing planned other than wanting to try a couple of specific restaurants.

Also I asked Jake to start one load of laundry while I took a shower, not even doing the load start to finish, just starting it and he whined about it because he was sore from working out. The same workout that I did with him. I kind of snapped a bit, which I feel terribly about even though I shouldn't. Usually he didn't really think to do things but if I ask he is more than happy to help, I don't know what's going on with him. He is helping out less than he has all semester and they are on break. I guess maybe he sees it as he is on break so he shouldn't have to do anything but it isn't like it will all magically get done on its own.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #7904
ape descendant

Oh, you have no sympathy for whores? Funny, I have no sympathy for rapists.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:47 AM   #7905
Miss Absynthe

What the..?
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:14 AM   #7906
Versus

I knew it, Bioware; Pay to gay. You're so predictable.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #7907
ape descendant

Oh, I just read one too many articles about teenage football players ****** their classmates and getting off with out so much as a slap on the wrist because they can run, throw a ball and slut shame all at the same time. While the young women in question are silenced, shamed and victim blamed.

You know SSDD.

Be Kind
Old 12-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #7908
Solumina

Mother fucker, I have somehow lost my favorite bra and they appear to have stopped selling it.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #7909
Fruitbat

Rather large poopies. Just beyond it at the moment to even complain - because I know it won't do any good, and I just need to get over it and move on.

.... okay, who's hiding the chocolate icecream?

Old 12-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #7910
AshleyO

I've come to an understanding of something.

When Feminism isn't seen as something radical in society then MAYBE just MAYBE we would have accomplished some fucking progress.

I don't know how oppressed genders do it.

HOW DO YOU ALL NOT JUST RESORT TO FULL ON FISTICUFFS WITH REACTIONARY TOOLS?!

I have like... no wick of patience with those buffoons.

And you know? I should. I really really should. They don't know and most of the problem is that they THINK they know. Thus why we have bullshit MRA groups who are only out to combat feminism instead of standing with feminism and combating what I guess the word would be kieriarchy?

Fuck. They don't know and instead of trying to learn and understand the other side, they just want to be RIGHT because they can't stand the idea that a social progressive movement is named Feminism as if it's about famale superiority. They spend more time trying to prove that women have some evil power over men instead of actually going out and helping their abused brothers and trans brothers and sisters. Oh no. We want to fight against the feminist menace more than anything else.

Seriously... privileged white male feminist here and I just... I have no idea how minority feminists keep their composure. Y'all are fuckin' saints.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #7911
ape descendant

I am so incredibly uh happy. I'm so glad dad is dead for this shit.

Be Kind
Old 12-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #7912
Fruitbat

Quote:
I am so incredibly uh happy. I'm so glad dad is dead for this shit.
hugs hun. super big hugs. Wish I could take the pain away for you - instead I'll just have to be content to be here with my super warm batty hugs.

Shouldn't have watched Skyfall.... was unconsolable when the db3 was blown up...

Old 12-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #7913
Fruitbat

I'm so mad right now, I've turned Zen. There aren't enough swear words in any language to describe how unfair it is. The worst part is there is no one to blame, no one I can point my finger at and say "you bad person" because it's no one's fault, it's just the way it is and I'm not sure if that makes it easier to accept or more difficult.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #7914
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
And you know? I should. I really really should. They don't know and most of the problem is that they THINK they know. Thus why we have bullshit MRA groups who are only out to combat feminism instead of standing with feminism and combating what I guess the word would be kieriarchy?

Fuck. They don't know and instead of trying to learn and understand the other side, they just want to be RIGHT because they can't stand the idea that a social progressive movement is named Feminism as if it's about famale superiority. They spend more time trying to prove that women have some evil power over men instead of actually going out and helping their abused brothers and trans brothers and sisters. Oh no. We want to fight against the feminist menace more than anything else.
This is the exact problem I've always had with MRA. If they really cared about the problems facing men - of which there ARE many, undoubtedly; no winners in the patriarchy and all that - they'd be raising awareness of issues like male ****, male domestic violence, the pressures of masculinist culture, etc. Instead, all they seem to give a shit about is painting feminists as oppressive female supremacists, when actually, there are more feminists than self-proclaimed MRA engaging with those topics. After all, it's in women's interests for society to understand that violence doesn't happen because they, or victims in general, are weak and pathetic. It's fucking annoying how many people still equate feminism with female supremacist goddess-within BS.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:12 PM   #7915
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I knew it, Bioware; Pay to gay. You're so predictable.
Wait... What?

I'm really confused.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #7916
Saya

Oh, its because when SWTOR came out, Bioware said they would include same sex relationships. It didn't come out with the vanilla game, and it looks like if its coming, and its not sure if it is, it'll be on the expansion pack you have to pay for.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #7917
AshleyO

...*sigh*

That was tasteless.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:16 PM   #7918
Versus

They didn't complete same-sex romance arcs (SSRA) during development (They said they had to make it less of a priority and it would be a post-launch feature) and heterosexual romances stories were all that was available at launch. They said it would come with the next big story update which was promised to be in 2012 (there hasn't been such an update, yet). Since then, they've moved to a free-to-play model and now say that their additional content will come in the form of micro-transactions.

So basically, it looks like all the players who have been waiting for SSRA have to pay for it.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #7919
Jaye Jang

Well, the network is wonky which is not surprising because of the ice storms here. Supposed to be typing and editing a 30-minute stat (laughable considering stats are supposed to be back to the dictator within a minimum of 20 minutes -- and that includes typing, editing and proofreading). Ha ha. And now the network is wonky because the lines are iced over, so once things are back up and running it's back to the "stat". But, Happy New Year anyway. *sigh*
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #7920
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
They didn't complete same-sex romance arcs (SSRA) during development (They said they had to make it less of a priority and it would be a post-launch feature) and heterosexual romances stories were all that was available at launch. They said it would come with the next big story update which was promised to be in 2012 (there hasn't been such an update, yet). Since then, they've moved to a free-to-play model and now say that their additional content will come in the form of micro-transactions.

So basically, it looks like all the players who have been waiting for SSRA have to pay for it.
Wow... You'd think they'd have the god damned decency to at least make that part free. Jesus.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #7921
Fruitbat

Trying to deal with it, but it's just so friggin' hard. Running away won't help matters either.

Crap!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #7922
ape descendant

Is there any way you can get some help from a friend?

Be Kind
Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #7923
Fruitbat

Quote:
Is there any way you can get some help from a friend?
I've got a GF who has offered to come around and help with things around the house, but it's just me, and coming to terms with what's going to happen.

I'll get there - I've done it before and while it feels like I'm climbing Mt Everest in a tutu right now, I know eventually, I'll get my mind around the situation and then I'll be right.

It's just a total bugger when you fall head over heels for someone, and you're willing to stick by them regardless of what happens, because they are so totally awesome and you can't imagine having anyone else in your life.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:23 AM   #7924
MissCheyenne

Saw another doctor about my chest who agrees with me that I need further investigation since I have been ill for six months. I am now booked in for a chest x-ray, blood tests and tests for asthma. Hopefully this doctor will get to the bottom of why I'm so ill all the time instead of fobbing me off with yet more antibiotics that just don't work.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #7925
Jaye Jang

Batty, you'll be in my thoughts. MC, Hope you ge to the bottom of this, too. Not knowing what is going on with your health can be a genuine drag. Having a 'name' to put to it is at least a starting point.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote