Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #201
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Whatever, I think several women and men were approached by people who wanted them to go into prostitution. Considering this, it is probably about impossible for an average person going into the sex industry without coercion, **** or some amount of incompetence like the innocence of youth or drug use. At times, it is probably all of them; therefore, most people probably assume that people going into the sex industry were unable to "see the signs," or lack parental support when being surrounded by dishonest or people who are enacting a similar lifestyle on someone else.

I also feel the same way. If people were able to protect themselves better no one would chose to be chose to place themselves in the role of a pariah who enables people to commit adultery. However, one the flip side, I believe the "average" person might be engaging in behaviors that are complimentary to failed marriages and seeking relationships with people who are only expecting financial compensation.
So all sex workers are forced into it, have drug problems or come from a neglectful background?

And everyone who sees a prostitute is married and cheating on a spouse?
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #202
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
So all sex workers are forced into it, have drug problems or come from a neglectful background?
And everyone who sees a prostitute is married and cheating on a spouse?
Q1: I was saying that is not always true; however, that is how most people perceive prostitutes, while attempting to understand why they are a prostitute. Even if the person does not seek marriage and prefers sexual relationships for whatever reason, it seems as though there is a larger issue in their life. It might be possible, but I think it is a justification.

Q2: Not always true; however, it seems the people most inclined to seek a prostitute are in a relationship. Otherwise, they would sleep with the person they have a relationship with whether someone is saving their virginity for marriage, dissatisfied with their spouses appearance, attitude or lack of interest in having sex.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #203
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Q2: Not always true; however, it seems the people most inclined to seek a prostitute are in a relationship. Otherwise, they would sleep with the person they have a relationship with whether someone is saving their virginity for marriage, dissatisfied with their spouses appearance, attitude or lack of interest in having sex.
Firstly, your logic doesn't flow... you say that people in relationships see prostitutes because if they are in a relationship they would just have sex with their partner... umm, huh?

Secondly, where are you getting this information from?

People see prostitutes for an uncountable number of reasons. Some people want something that their partner isn't willing to do, some people don't have a partner and feel like sex, some people have a partner that they love but just feel like some variety, some people get off on the idea of seeing a prostitute because society sees it as being naughty.... and eleventy-billion other reasons. People don't fit inside boxes very well, and you can't assume to know someone's motivation by just looking at their actions.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:06 PM   #204
Saya

Oh, there should be a sticky about Catch. She's our longest running troll and never makes sense as a rule.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #205
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Wow. That article is extremely offensive. Fuck that idiot for attempting to make a correlation between shaved pubes and loveless sex. And saying that shaving is an act of submission to men, brings women no pleasure....what a fucktard. I'm just going to stop right here, though. Someone is obsessed with pubes!

I'm not gonna dwell on that moron when there's a sexy woman sportin' an awesome death-hawk standin' near me......*RAWR*
That's what I thought too.

*Mohawk love* NOM!

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #206
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Oh, there should be a sticky about Catch. She's our longest running troll and never makes sense as a rule.
Ooh.. well, colour me warned.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:38 AM   #207
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Nah, that stuff is different. Violence in sex work is like if your boss or customer at Star Bucks decided she wants to break your nose.
Not really. Starbucks you don't go in thinking that there will be violence.

If you work at Raytheon making weapons you know that the point of your job is to create death. And those jobs are highly valued in Mass.
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:15 AM   #208
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
Not really. Starbucks you don't go in thinking that there will be violence.

If you work at Raytheon making weapons you know that the point of your job is to create death. And those jobs are highly valued in Mass.
That's my point. Sex work, like Starbucks, shouldn't be something you expect to encounter that sort of thing in.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #209
Misanthrope

I thought that the entire point of everyone's argument against OP, that the thread was about the crapsack reality of whoring, not the idealized "Pretty Woman" bs.

If you go into whoring you've got to know that there's the possibility of violence occuring, just like f you're a policeman.
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #210
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
I thought that the entire point of everyone's argument against OP, that the thread was about the crapsack reality of whoring, not the idealized "Pretty Woman" bs.

If you go into whoring you've got to know that there's the possibility of violence occuring, just like f you're a policeman.
Only if you're a dickhead misogynist who believes in **** myths and victim blaming.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #211
Catch

Well, understanding this is a global website not all cultures share the same opinion of sex workers. Sex workers could be attributed with keeping relationships together and fulfilling an important demand be society to continue operating in a healthy order; however, in the USA where sex workers are treated like pariahs, no one giving thanks for keeping couples together for the sake of the children, sex workers are treated awfully.

There was a case a few years ago; wherein, a child was going to be denied education at a private school because the mother was discovered as a sex worker. I am not sure how it went; however, the Bible that all the Bible Thumpers go to states parents should not sell their children into prostitution or else the whole land will become prostitutes.

Logically, private school and higher education is the opposite of selling their child into prostitution, yet arguments about prostitution have become blind hatred no longer supported by any logic.