Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #376
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Would you rather be a size 12 than an 8 or 10?
I wouldn't want to be a UK size 8, I think I wouldn't look good - too thin for my frame.

A UK size 10, yes. I'd like to lose about 5kgs. I know, I know, stop binge-eating and start working out.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #377
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoteinh View Post
I wouldn't want to be a UK size 8, I think I wouldn't look good - too thin for my frame.

A UK size 10, yes. I'd like to lose about 5kgs. I know, I know, stop binge-eating and start working out.
No, no, no. You got it all wrong. Post more lovely pictures is the key.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #378
skoteinh

Thank you Jane! I aggree with what you're saying. It is useless to try and change somebody's opinion. It's how you feel about yourself that counts!

And Meth, I have posted a pic on my profile page. When I get around to creating an account on photobucket, I'll make sure to post more : )
Old 10-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #379
SweetJane

Hey, I mean it, you're gorgeous.

Again, if they were arguing the subjective ideal of beauty, it'd be a different thing. Like I said earlier, my attitude toward weight has a lot to do with my cultural background. I like women with a certain proportion rather than a certain weight. I don't want to date someone who's HUGE, but I'm more likely to notice you have a nice butt or tits than whether or not you have a belly. Also I'd rather date a chubby woman with confidence and knows how to dress than a skinny woman who is constantly wanting reassurance and dresses in an unflattering way. (just to be clear, this isn't an add-on to the you're gorgeous statement, I think you actually are a paragon of beauty and not just an 'it'd be better if' thing)

So, my superficiality is no better than anyone else's, just different.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #380
Underwater Ophelia

I'm going to have some ice cream.
And then admire my hipbones jutting out.

hahahahaha I rule.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #381
AsylumVoid

Quote:

You don't need to be thinner, you're lovely the way you are.

I'm overweight (UK16) and to be honest with you, despite being fat, no one has ever categorically told me I need to lose weight, no one has ever told me I'm unattractive because of it (I've always been big, so in primary school I got crap for it but that's kids for you) and on good days I don't feel like a walrus. It just doesn't matter that much. Everyone has something attractive about them, otherwise normal people wouldn't be in relationships or have sex because quite frankly we all have flaws and if your worst flaw is that you have an inch or two of fat then to be honest I'd rather be fat.

Work out and stop binge eating if YOU want to, not because some people on a forum who don't know you from Adam think it's a good idea.
AsylumVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #382
JCC

Am I the only person who hasn't seen a picture of skoteinh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumVoid
I'm overweight (UK16) and to be honest with you, despite being fat, no one has ever categorically told me I need to lose weight, no one has ever told me I'm unattractive because of it (I've always been big, so in primary school I got crap for it but that's kids for you) and on good days I don't feel like a walrus.
No shit, do you expect someone to come up to you and tell you that you need to lose weight? That doesn't mean that you oughtn't, nor does it mean that people wouldn't find you more attractive if you lost weight, nor does it mean that you wouldn't be happier about your appearance if you lost weight.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #383
AsylumVoid

Quote:
Am I the only person who hasn't seen a picture of skoteinh?

No shit, do you expect someone to come up to you and tell you that you need to lose weight? That doesn't mean that you oughtn't, nor does it mean that people wouldn't find you more attractive if you lost weight, nor does it mean that you wouldn't be happier about your appearance if you lost weight.
Well, if it really was a problem, don't you think my previous partners, my current partner or my doctor would've said "I think you need to lose weight" and considering that some of my previous partners have been...well...wankers, that definitely had no qualms telling me what they didn't like about me, my fatness never came up.

When I am not being Bipolar and miserable, I am actually very happy with my appearance. I eat well and excercise atleast an hour a day. What do you want me to do? excercise more? live on celery and cry about being fat all day? I spent a lot of time feeling bad about being fat, I've sat in my room a lot of nights being miserable thinking that I was a hideous monster and I just don't want to do that any more.
Where do you stop? If I was a size 8 how do I know people wouldn't find me attractive because my nose is too big or crooked? or because my boobs were too big or small? or because my skin wasn't perfect? The list of things any one can worry about concerning their appearance is endless.

I've already thought about it, cried about it and beat myself up over it...now I just want to be happy and live because that's far more important than my fat.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #384
JCC

I didn't imply that you should lose weight, I don't give a shit what you do. I'm just pointing out that people don't have to say that you should lose weight to think it.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #385
AsylumVoid

Quote:
I didn't imply that you should lose weight, I don't give a shit what you do. I'm just pointing out that people don't have to say that you should lose weight to think it.
But if those who mattered to me and vice versa were genuinely concerned wouldn't they say something? If my girlfriend genuinely found it unattractive would she even be with me in the first place? I'm not talking about random people on the street, they can think whatever the hell they like about me. I'm talking about friends, partners, families and maybe medical professionals.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #386
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumVoid View Post
But if those who mattered to me and vice versa were genuinely concerned wouldn't they say something? If my girlfriend genuinely found it unattractive would she even be with me in the first place? I'm not talking about random people on the street, they can think whatever the hell they like about me. I'm talking about friends, partners, families and maybe medical professionals.
Manuel Uribe has a wife.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:21 AM   #387
AsylumVoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Manuel Uribe has a wife.
Aaaw! They look happy. (That isn't sarcasm by the way.)

However, I don't think it'll do my relationship any good to accuse my girlfriend of lying to me when she compliments me. She admits to being a bit of a chubby chaser, which means if I did get thinner, she'd be very unimpressed, lol.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:13 AM   #388
Razeal18

Confidence make you beautiful! wheather you fat or imaciadted someone who is comfy in their own skin is alot more attractive than someone of bitter self loathing because of what a large faceless industry has to say on the matter.
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:17 AM   #389
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Aaaw! They look happy. (That isn't sarcasm by
Yeah, they look happy.

But he can't go out and get her flowers. They can't go to the beach together. They can't have sex.

She probably has to cater to his every need like he's an infant. Unless he has a special nurse, that wife of his cooks all of his meals, helps him to the toilet--if he can even get there, but it's more likely he wears a diaper, and washes in between huge monuments of fat.

That isn't happy.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:33 AM   #390
MissCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeal18 View Post
Confidence make you beautiful! wheather you fat or imaciadted someone who is comfy in their own skin is alot more attractive than someone of bitter self loathing because of what a large faceless industry has to say on the matter.
Confidence might make you beautiful but being thin enough to get up the stairs without being out of breath is also beautiful.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:05 AM   #391
Apathy's_Child

This thread is fucking depressing.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:13 AM   #392
AsylumVoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Yeah, they look happy.

But he can't go out and get her flowers. They can't go to the beach together. They can't have sex.

She probably has to cater to his every need like he's an infant. Unless he has a special nurse, that wife of his cooks all of his meals, helps him to the toilet--if he can even get there, but it's more likely he wears a diaper, and washes in between huge monuments of fat.

That isn't happy.
I just wrote a huge reply then my internet clapped out...nice.

She did marry him after he managed to get himself into his current state, she knew he was morbidly obese and that she would have to go through those things but still wanted to marry him. That is a lot of love and he obviously makes her happy enough that she will go through this with him.
He is currently losing the weight...he's lost like, over 200lbs. So he is trying to do something about it. I am not gunna undermine their relationship because I am not in it.
It's the same as a person whose husband or wife is severely disabled, the person with a disability can't cook them meals or spontaneously buy them flowers but they're still together and have been for years, surely you wouldn't undermine that?

Relationships in general have their moments where they are not ideal, my girlfriend has Aspergers and that can be really hard (I know it's different but it's the same point) but when it's good it's awesome just because there are bad points doesn't mean there is no good and you can't be happy together.

Maybe you think that's wishy washy and complete bullshit but...whatever.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:06 AM   #393
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I just wrote a huge reply then my internet clapped out...nice.

She did marry him after he managed to get himself into his current state, she knew he was morbidly obese and that she would have to go through those things but still wanted to marry him. That is a lot of love and he obviously makes her happy enough that she will go through this with him.
He is currently losing the weight...he's lost like, over 200lbs. So he is trying to do something about it. I am not gunna undermine their relationship because I am not in it.
It's the same as a person whose husband or wife is severely disabled, the person with a disability can't cook them meals or spontaneously buy them flowers but they're still together and have been for years, surely you wouldn't undermine that?

Relationships in general have their moments where they are not ideal, my girlfriend has Aspergers and that can be really hard (I know it's different but it's the same point) but when it's good it's awesome just because there are bad points doesn't mean there is no good and you can't be happy together.

Maybe you think that's wishy washy and complete bullshit but...whatever.
You were sort of all over the place with this, and I don't feel like picking it apart, but what I said before is still true.
It's not happiness.

You seem to believe that a perfect life is impossible. That a perfect relationship is impossible. I do believe it's possible, and compared to perfection, this is not happiness.

Also, I mean, did you ever think that maybe she married him to be on TV? Or to force herself to believe she's a good person?
Old 10-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #394
skoteinh

Quote:
Where do you stop? If I was a size 8 how do I know people wouldn't find me attractive because my nose is too big or crooked? or because my boobs were too big or small? or because my skin wasn't perfect? The list of things any one can worry about concerning their appearance is endless.
I couldn't agree more. One can obsess about everything, be it cellulite (skinny people can also have it) stretch marks, scars, being too short or too tall...

If you feel good about yourself and have people around you that love you for who you are, not what size you are... this is invaluable. And I firmly believe that the people who truly care about you, or a doctor, would tell you to lose weight if they believed it would be for your benefit, even though it might hurt you.

I used to be a size 16, but my endocrinologist told me to lose weight because it affected my hormones, or I had to take pills. Due to my aversion to medication, I chose to lose weight.

However, here people are a bit image-obsessed, and have near-to-zero tolerance of anything that looks different. So I'm used to comments like JCC's (I've had boyfriends telling me to lose weight), and when I was younger I used to get depressed and cry, I even went through a spell of anorexia and then boulimia, but I managed to get over it.

Now that I'm 35, I know that all this is trivial, and the only thing that is important is to take good care of my health.

OK, I stop now. My post is also all over the place, sorry...

and P.S. SweetJane and AsylumVoid, thanks for the compliments!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #395
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
I'm going to have some ice cream.
And then admire my hipbones jutting out.

hahahahaha I rule.
lulz, that's fucked up.

PS at my fattest my hipbones still jutted out and I was fat.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #396
JCC

Quote:
So I'm used to comments like JCC's (I've had boyfriends telling me to lose weight)
So I'm going to be here promoting my new book 'I Didn't Tell Anybody That They Had to Lose Weight, Stop Putting Words in my Mouth to Indulge Your Victim Complex' until midnight, feel free to ignore me.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #397
skoteinh

Quote:
So I'm going to be here promoting my new book 'I Didn't Tell Anybody That They Had to Lose Weight, Stop Putting Words in my Mouth to Indulge Your Victim Complex' until midnight, feel free to ignore me.
OK, you didn't tell me to lose weight, I know, but you do believe that I'm chubby.

If I wished to comply to your perception of what constitutes a beautiful body, I would have to lose weight.

That's what I meant.

Oh, and when's your book coming out? I'd like to have a signed copy, please! : )
Old 10-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #398
JCC

Post this picture of you everybody is fapping over and I'll consider giving you a copy.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #399
Mir

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showth...=14750&page=68

That's the one I saw. First post on page.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #400
JCC

Huh, you don't look like a size 12.