Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:35 PM   #1
Scythan

King Kong

I just saw it today.

Jack Black's acting was horrendous, especially in the beginning. The effects were great; only a couple scenes were cartoonish (the pole-vaulting native). Kong was well done as far as I could tell.

My boyfriend cried during a few scenes of the movie, but the emotional parts didn't affect me as much.

It was a rather good movie, though it isn't really one I would see again or buy. I give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:03 PM   #2
thetiesonyourcorset

I really want to see this...might go with my boyfriend sometime soon!! I wanna see Narnia too though so it's hard to choose which one to see as he wants to see that also,lol!

*Blowing a kiss all over the world* Aren't i nice?
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:36 PM   #3
Demon Eyes

Well, It was pretty good. I agree some scenes where a bit cartoonish, but I thought the directing was phenominal. I'm sure it wasn't just me, the way it was directed kinda made the movie for me, but the only thing was that while Naomi Watts did ok a role, it wasn't the best. Eh, overall it was worth watching, and would buy it just to add it to my ever growing collection of movies. On the plus side, i'm sure i'd eventually watch it again. My overall rating...4.2 / 5.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:07 PM   #4
dreamforthedead

There aren't many good movies out these days that aren't re-makes or from books, and that depresses me.
lets me live my life like this..."
'Honey, this mirror isn't big enough for the two of us'
dreamforthedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:55 PM   #5
SoothingScream

Hey, what about the interpertations of Broadway shows!

I feel the same way. :\ The worst part, though, is the bad sequels. It's like the entire cinema scene is turning into Disney... should-go-straight-to-video movies made really fast to get as much money off the movies. There have been a couple exceptions, though...

I have yet to see King Kong... the new one or the old one. NBC seems to be pushing it everytime I turn the television on, though. Ugh!

I honestly didn't/don't expect Jack Black to have an astounding performance. He has his funny moments, but eh.

I have the sneaking suspecion that I'd be the crying boyfriend if I took someone...
SoothingScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:24 PM   #6
dreamforthedead

Has anyone seen the original Godzilla movies? They're cool, but they made that into an Americanized (no offence to Americans here) piece of crap when it was a Japanese movie.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:15 PM   #7
Demon Eyes

Eh, its America, America kills a lot of things that are good. Lol, that's it's job, i guess.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:36 PM   #8
dreamforthedead

Hahahaha yes. Well it DOES explain alot
Old 12-21-2005, 08:00 PM   #9
rockandrose

Peter Jackson's remake of the 1933 Gorilla thriller, runs for nearly twice the running time of the original, which I think is way to long for such a simple story. It takes at least an hour to show something worth watching, as I was on the verge of falling asleep.

Though there was a convincing CGI Kong running rampant alongside dinosaurs and other freaks of biology. There was a few good action set pieces, but a lot of excess flab.

It's not my type of movie.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:24 PM   #10
Demon Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrose
Peter Jackson's remake of the 1933 Gorilla thriller, runs for nearly twice the running time of the original, which I think is way to long for such a simple story. It takes at least an hour to show something worth watching, as I was on the verge of falling asleep.

Though there was a convincing CGI Kong running rampant alongside dinosaurs and other freaks of biology. There was a few good action set pieces, but a lot of excess flab.

It's not my type of movie.
True, but it's at least worth seeing once.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:50 PM   #11
bedlam babe

King Kong----- Hot Sweaty Steaming Burger King Commercial Of Crap
bedlam babe is offline   Reply With Quote