Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-27-2005, 08:03 AM   #1
mortalitas incomitatus

Goth Mummies And Daddys

I was just thinking about my local goth website and we have a great forum for all the goth mums and dads in my city, its a fantastic forum, we have great chats and it's kind of a support group as when i walk down the street (with my pink and black hair, spikes and multiple facial piercings wearing all black) with my 4year old people look at me like i've kiddnapped the boy! (especially when he is throwing a tantrem over a kinda-suprise!)

Anyway the point is the forum is awesome but unfortunatly there is only about 20-30 goth parents in my little city. very sad, sob sob.

so i was just wondering if any other parents ot there would be interested in starting a similar forum here.

just for a laugh, a whinge, a cry or bit of a rant when the little monsters push you over the edge for the upteenth time, or just some advice.

would be good to hear your thoughts.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:47 AM   #2
Empty_Purple_Stars

Yeah, we have quite a few parents here as well..

Not all of us are 'Goth", thats a label that gets tossed around a bit too much here in the States, but we are Moms and Dads.

I have a 6 year old son and my sweetie has a 5 year old son.

The two Hellspawns under the same roof, certainly ensure we are never bored..

Haha..

I know I could use a small space on here to express my frustration and disgust at removing ANOTHER French Fry from Hellspawn #1's Nasal Cavity..

Or to ponder what it is exactly about me that makes my son fart on my leg at least once a day..

Wheee...

Now we just need TStone and E_E to represent the Manly Mannerson side of the Fart Joke saga..

Guys?

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:56 AM   #3
mortalitas incomitatus

well i have a four year old son, he is my little treasure.......

i call him my treasure because quite frankly i would like to bury him somtimes!!!

unfortunatly i got a big dose of kama with him.................he is just like me.
stubborn, pigg headed, arrogant, cocky and self assured.

*another eliter*
Old 09-27-2005, 09:15 AM   #4
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalitas incomitatus
well i have a four year old son, he is my little treasure.......

i call him my treasure because quite frankly i would like to bury him somtimes!!!

unfortunatly i got a big dose of kama with him.................he is just like me.
stubborn, pigg headed, arrogant, cocky and self assured.
LOL

Imma have to steal that Treasure bit...

That about sums it up.. I keep a shovel handy just in case myself..

And yeah, my Mom told me before I even had my Son that she had made sure that any child I had would be just EXACTLY like I was when I was little..

Damn her!!

Boy did she manage to pull that off..

Ours kids are wonderful and amazing and all of that, but there are definitely times when I wish someone would give ME a bath and make ME dinner..

Oh wait, my Sweetie does do that for me..

Ok, I suppose it isn't all bad..

But I AM extremely tired of being Farted on..

:P
Old 09-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #5
mortalitas incomitatus

damn all mothers............they're always right!!
you just dont realise till afterwards.

glad my spawn doesn't fart on me.......

shit i've probably just jinxed myself..

my son is also just like his father, dont know what is worse....

him taking after mummy or daddy???

*another eliter*
Old 09-27-2005, 09:41 AM   #6
Empty_Purple_Stars

Oh just wait..

The Farting on, jokes about, SONGS about, DANCES about, ANYTHING resembling a Fart start about age 5..

I only know this because BOTH boys started their favorite pastime about that age..

So their is still hope for you and yours..

HaHa..

Old 09-27-2005, 03:47 PM   #7
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
The Farting on, jokes about, SONGS about, DANCES about, ANYTHING resembling a Fart start about age 5..

Oh shit....i'm doomed!!!

my sons fave thing at the moment is to put on black eyeshadow, smear red lippy all over his face, put on my spiked collar and bowlers hat and dance around to his fave movie at the moment...................Rocky Horror Picture Show!!!

i dont know if i'm proud or worried?

he can sing the timewarp but i think i'll be worrie dwhen he starts to sing, " i'm Just a Sweet Transexual "!!!

"Oh Brad..."
"Dammit Janet!"

*another eliter*
Old 09-27-2005, 04:51 PM   #8
punkirony

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalitas incomitatus
but i think i'll be worrie dwhen he starts to sing, " i'm Just a Sweet Transexual "!!!
My gosh! Your son is quite interesting. My family is worried about my 7 year old cousin. He likes to paint his nails and put on make up.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:55 PM   #9
Jane13

Heh, don't worry Mortalitas, my best friend saw that when she was 5... her parents thought she was asleep ^.^
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:04 PM   #10
Courtenay1218

I'm a mom too. I have 2 lil girls, Jessi and Janie. Jessi's 3months, and Janie's 2 yrs old, and shes a terror. My mom cursed me with the whole "she's gonna be just like you thing too".. They also shouldn't call it terrible two's. It's more like i wanna jump out the window two's.
Courtenay1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:41 PM   #11
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtenay1218
I'm a mom too. I have 2 lil girls, Jessi and Janie. Jessi's 3months, and Janie's 2 yrs old, and shes a terror. My mom cursed me with the whole "she's gonna be just like you thing too".. They also shouldn't call it terrible two's. It's more like i wanna jump out the window two's.
Yeah and who ever invented the phrase 'terrible twos' must have never had children, because the 'terrible twos' stretch right the hell on into age three and four..

Twitch..

Thankfully most of the tantrums of three and four are replaced with the aforementioned fart jokes and fart grenades by age five and six..

Old 09-28-2005, 06:14 AM   #12
edible_eye

dad here.

i've got three little hellions, although i have to say they're really not all that hellion-ish. 7 yr. old boy, 5 yr. old girl and an 8 month old, also a girl. my son is just starting to come into himself, becoming a realtively independant kid and it's refreshing to experience. my 5 yr. old is just starting to branch out from my wife and become interested in me, more so than the usual where she now tries to figure out what makes dad tick. and the 8 month old is attached to my wife hook, line and sinker. she watches me, though whenever i'm in the room, smiling and nodding her head which is a form of communication, i guess. she's bird-like in that way. i nod, she nods; she smiles, i smile.

i'd have to say that we're (my wife and i) bringing our kids up in a fairly traditional way. my kids are exposed to my wife's new england-like way of approaching life as well as my music, dress, and often unconventional (although this is not to be perceived as intentonally abrasive or obnoxious in any way) way of dealing with life and the people involved. she's a stay at home mom and as such, the kids have a much greater level of exposure to her way of life - something i don't mind. in fact, i rather prefer it since i often don't know where to draw the line at times with my bevavior. it's important to me that my children learn their boundaries before they grow old enough to start testing them.

anyway, i'm not really sure where i was going with this. maybe i just wanted to join the discussion. my kids are a huge part of my life, probably the biggest - yes, even bigger than my never-ending quest for those wonderful, womanly parts. god damn yummy girls.

oh, and courtenay - eps is telling the truth. very soon, poop, farts and pee will become a major point of focus. also - when you're sliding into home and you feel a funny foam... diarrehea! diarrehea! never forget the diarrehea.

be prepared.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:18 PM   #13
Manimal

I like the fart jokes too... I admit it.

One thing that I do think is kinda silly is parents that dress their kids up to look like whatever alternative coolness they are trying to emulate. I see it most with the biker crowd. It's kinda cute with the really little ones but there comes a point when it looks tacky and reflects negitavely on the intellect of the parents. I'm all for the Gothy look and all that, for example, but I just don't think it's cool for young kids... especially boys. Highschool is one thing but let your 4th grade boy wear black makeup and a skirt and he'll need some serious therapy to get over the endless ridecule and regular ass beatings he'll recieve.

On a lighter note - I went in to check on EPS's little boy at bath time, asked him if he'd washed his body yet, and he says with a totally straight face: "Between you and me. I put my finger in my butt."

I made him wash again.

Kids rule!
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:00 AM   #14
mortalitas incomitatus

tonight when i checked on my son in the bath and asked if he was ok he told me that he had drowned and been killed by..... himself..... but not to worry because he was ok.

he then went on to say he had killed all the rubber duckies aswell.

morbid child!

*another eliter*
Old 09-30-2005, 06:44 PM   #15
Empty_Purple_Stars

The scary little rubber bastards probably deserved it...
Old 10-03-2005, 10:54 AM   #16
edible_eye

i just got back from a week end away with my 5 yr. old daughter - daddy / daughter time. i went with my son to california earlier in the summer and my daughter has wanted to do a solo trip ever since.

my friend - probably my best friend - lives on the jersey shore and has a boat. he, his wife and his daughter as well as myself and my daughter got on his boat and sailed away to an island off the coast of sea bright / sandy hook. there we camped for two days beneath the sunny, jersey sky - the near-final sunny warms days of the waning summer season.

we spent that time reading books, chatting, having snacks, taking pictures, and my daughter played very well with my firend's daughter. they collected butterflies, which they caught bare-handed and filled a tent with roughly 30 of them and then played inside, they swam, rode an inner tube on the ocean, fished off the island coast. my daughter and my friend's daughter explored the island, they jumped off the boat into the ocean, did girl stuff. my daughter even learned to pee without a toilet and she was VERY happy - even brought me to where she achieved that rather huge feat so i could bear witness.

but the best thing that happened was saturday night. we were all sitting around the campfire, relaxing. my bud, his wife and i were sucking down a few beers while my daughter and his daughter were curled up on our respective laps. suddenly,the pop and flash of fireworks erupted across the harbor over the coast of sea bright. it was a magical moment made even more so by the innocence of her wonder-filled heart.

jackie - wow! fireworks! awesome!

me - yup. i called a few friends in sea bright and told 'em we were out here for daddy / daughter week-end. i asked them, if they could, to set some off for us to celebrate our little vacation together. i guess they got the chance.

jax - (whipping her head around) really?

me - yup. they're all for you, darlin'. fireworks for my princess. let's watch.

the light in her smile rivaled that of the moon and stars above. a white lie, sure but very much worth it. and i don't think i've ever enjoyed watching fireworks more than i did right then, with her curled up in my lap, soaking in every spark, sparkle and bang. for one, small moment in time, her daddy really helped her to feel like a princess.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:03 AM   #17
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye

the light in her smile rivaled that of the moon and stars above. a white lie, sure but very much worth it. and i don't think i've ever enjoyed watching fireworks more than i did right then, with her curled up in my lap, soaking in every spark, sparkle and bang. for one, small moment in time, her daddy really helped her to feel like a princess.
Bah.. You just made me cry..

You are a wonderful Dad as well..

We could use another bajillion fathers like you and Tstone in this fucked up world we have created..

Beautiful Story, Beautiful Dad..
Old 10-03-2005, 03:21 PM   #18
mortalitas incomitatus

:cry: sweet E_E.

i wish all fathers would treat their daughters so well.

pass the tissues please...

*another eliter*
Old 10-11-2005, 06:24 AM   #19
mortalitas incomitatus

hehehe my son just got a hair cut.......into a mohawk.

just a wee little one but it so cute, when i dropped him off at day care he ran around frantically showing everyone.

*another eliter*
Old 11-03-2005, 01:28 AM   #20
mortalitas incomitatus

my little pumpkin!

he turns four in exactly one month.
i feel sooo old.

*another eliter*
Old 11-03-2005, 05:11 AM   #21
edible_eye

an adorable child, mortalitas.

absolely adorable.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:28 AM   #22
mortalitas incomitatus

thankyou edible.

and wtf, the photo shrunk.

*another eliter*
Old 11-04-2005, 08:26 PM   #23
mortalitas incomitatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannarapyou
gothic mommy are house whore
WHAT THE FUCK???

go fuck your self you wanker and get off this thread.

i want you removed.

*another eliter*
Old 01-16-2006, 07:32 AM   #24
reachingupforair

Greeting all
A ancient mom here. Well, 36 seems ancient. I look forward to reading I myself am not Goth. Favorite hanging around outfit are my poor old Levi's and t'shirts.
My kids have been Jocks, Geeks, Skater?, ICP fanatic if lables are needed.
I'm a fairly young mom, 36 (oldest son, 21) Yes, 15 with my first is correct.ng
Being a younger mom, I've grown up with them basically, Got my first tattoo with them, pierced my belly, gave them piercings for christmas etc. Anyway, I'm reading the great posts in order to learn a bit about the Goth community and how I can better support my 14 yr old daughter in her exploration of herself and her Goth identity. I'm also reading as to what NOT to do to make her a black sheep, the differant one etc..... I fully support her, but also, don't want to intrude on this magical, mysterious time in her life.
Hopefully some insight into what Goth really is, not just the clothing, will allow me to better understand in the moments that make me hold my breath and the moments that make me giggle and smile. I choose my battles carefully with my kids, and being Goth is definetly not a battle. I think she thinks it will be and is slowly dipping her toes in the water to see how many ripples form. So far no ripples. But when and if they do occur, rather than put my foot down blah blah blah, I want to learn.
I believe that being against something that is not understood nor taking the time to look beyond the sterotype is insane. Perhaps I'm a normal mom, perhaps I'm differant. Having raised 4 STRONG wonderfuly unique sons, I wish the same for my daughter, strength, courage, guts, passion and love of life.
Maybe by reading I'll learn. Maybe a "Goth Parenting for the Non-Goth Parent" would be the thread I'd best fit in. Hmmmmm, maybe start it?
Anyway, hope I'm not intruding, you all sound like fantastic parents.

-Lucky is the child who never finds a closed door in their home or their world.
reachingupforair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:46 AM   #25
WolfMoon

I work, I parent, I web-surf.

Bah!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote