Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
DemiGoth

Prototype (ps3, 360, pc)

I WANT TO GET PROTOTYPE for PC. Anyone have any reviews/tips/etc on it?

Also, feel free to discuss the game, i think it looks really awsum and want it really badly.
DemiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
DemiGoth

oops sorry for the caps >.<
DemiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
I_Zik

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO E4700 (2.6 GHz)/AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Memory: 1 GB
Hard Drive: 8 GB Free
Video Memory: 256 MB (nVidia GeForce 7800/ATI Radeon X1800)
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 9.0c
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive
Personal Tips - Get the Movement abilities first, then survivalbility, then combat etc...

Wasn't a great game in terms of storyline, but was a rare combo (In my opinion) of Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (for combat and moving), Resident Evil (for the virus and zombies and weird fucked up creatures), a little GTA III for being able to steal vehicles(not cars which really blew) some weapons and collecting stuff around the map. The developers tried focusing more on gameplay rather than super in-depth storyline/mission diversity. Oh yeah, the side missions could have had alot more work done on them. There could have been baseball like the Hulk (not the game based off of the new movie(that one had major cheap-O graphics and short draw distance compared to the first one)) and various other unique side missions that make you want to just play them regardless of the records. Ugh.... gameplay slowing down when you switch targets and talents was really helpful. Especially when you're in a cramped room with like 9 Hunters after you on hard mode. The harder level settings give you a wicked case of Jerk-Off Syndrome. I recommend getting a NSD Powerball to work out your hands and arms. Works like a charm. can't think of anything else right now. Hope what little info helped.

Why does ‘dyslexia’ have to be so hard to spell?

Z

P.S. www.ign.com has everything you're looking for in terms of game info.

Last edited by I_Zik; 09-14-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: P.S.
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I saw some gameplay videos, I got bored fast wth what I saw because it got repetitive fast, and I have aspergers, what is repetitive to people with aspergers, is EXTREMELY repetitive to normal brained people.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
vindicatedxjin

....yah I second that...it looks kinda boring.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
CrimsonPythonidae

We have it on XBOX 360, I liked it at first but got over it pretty quick.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #7
I_Zik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonPythonidae View Post
We have it on XBOX 360, I liked it at first but got over it pretty quick.
Same here. Played it like mad until I beat it, then kinda only played it when my brother did.
I_Zik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:53 AM   #8
Mr E Nigma

Rent it, beat it, bring it back before it's due. It's short enough and easy enough to complete. It's basically a game you play to up your gamer points score. It's fun for the little bit of time your playing through the storyline. And short enough to be over when it gets really really repetitive.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:14 PM   #9
FatGoth

Me and my boyfriend is playing that game now. And I must say that I love it. Yes the storyline is hardly original, military science experiment gone wrong, as a result our hero have superpowers and the whole army want him dead, but the story is not terrible. I think the game play is fun, the powers the main character gets are fun to play around with. I think it is a all around good game. It is not perfect, it do not really stand out that much from other games in the same category, but all in all I liked it.
FatGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:22 AM   #10
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatGoth View Post
Me and my boyfriend is playing that game now. And I must say that I love it. Yes the storyline is hardly original, military science experiment gone wrong, as a result our hero have superpowers and the whole army want him dead, but the story is not terrible. I think the game play is fun, the powers the main character gets are fun to play around with. I think it is a all around good game. It is not perfect, it do not really stand out that much from other games in the same category, but all in all I liked it.
I must warn you it is going to get boring fast.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:21 AM   #11
FatGoth

The game? I did not find it boring. But it is rather repetitive so I guess that for many yes, it will get boring fast.
FatGoth is offline   Reply With Quote