Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 05-19-2010, 12:31 PM   #26
Alan

Oh, I read your original post in a different manner now and I get it. It's hard to read the way you write, but I do apologize.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #27
horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Oh, I read your original post in a different manner now and I get it. It's hard to read the way you write, but I do apologize.
it's cool bro it's my fault people took it wrong if they really belive i'm a monster f them it's their loss. I'm not a violent person i got drafted I don't really like having to deal with all this shit. I come here to escape the war and all that, but I see even here it's the same shit. I stand up for my country because i belive we are right. If others feel other wise fine but don't call me a Nazi or a killer because I am not.
horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #28
donmara

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse View Post
it's cool bro it's my fault people took it wrong if they really belive i'm a monster f them it's their loss. I'm not a violent person i got drafted I don't really like having to deal with all this shit. I come here to escape the war and all that, but I see even here it's the same shit. I stand up for my country because i belive we are right. If others feel other wise fine but don't call me a Nazi or a killer because I am not.
What are you then ?

Soldiers are there to kill whoever they are told to kill. Plain and simple.
donmara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:57 AM   #29
horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmara View Post
What are you then ?

Soldiers are there to kill whoever they are told to kill. Plain and simple.
Yes i am a soldier but i do not get orders nor do i want to kill innocent people.
I am a very remorse filled person and I try to look at things in more than one way. If someone killed my children I would turn into a shell of a person bent on revenge, and if someone tried to hurt my children i would also go jungle
It's part of human and animal nature.

So if i don't want it to happen to me why would i do it to some one else

The terrorist's Hamas Fatah and hizbuallah hide amongst the innocent so that things like this can happen. This benefits them with P.R. and garners sympathy from the rest of the world.

I know the rules of engagement and I know how thing go down first and second hand and I'm tired of people calling us Nazis or Monsters or whatever. It's not true but like i said because of the times it is no use. Why because no one knows who to trust anymore so believe what you like.

I
Old 05-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #30
ape descendant

Quote:
no i was being sarcastic but i learned that it is hard to express sarcasm on the net i'm not sorry but i apologize
I've run into the same problem in expressing sarcasm myself. I use "/sarcasm" and I no longer have peole missing it. Hope that helps

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #31
d0p3y

>.> i am not touching this one.

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #32
CptSternn

Quote:
The terrorist's Hamas Fatah and hizbuallah hide amongst the innocent so that things like this can happen. This benefits them with P.R. and garners sympathy from the rest of the world.

Don't you see the problem with that statement? You are 'forced' to shoot innocent civilians because the enemy blends in with the public. No one is forced to kill anyone. Because the israeli government doesn't care about the Arab public and likes to fire rockets into crowded urban neighborhoods is not the fault of the Arab population.

Of course it gets them sympathy, well deserved. If a cop in New York took a machine gun and killed a dozen people on a street in an effort to take down one robbery suspect, no one would blame the robbery suspect and call it a PR stunt on behalf of robbers everywhere.

It doesn't matter if you are on the front line, holding a rifle, or otherwise - if you are in the israeli military and are not currently listed as conscientious objector then you are part of the problem.

I have many friends in the region. I know lads who were drafted. They did not have to do anything as they had filed the documents to be listed as a conscientious objectors. If you have not done than, then obviously your objections here online are not as true as your convictions in real life.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:31 AM   #33
horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
Don't you see the problem with that statement? You are 'forced' to shoot innocent civilians because the enemy blends in with the public. No one is forced to kill anyone. Because the israeli government doesn't care about the Arab public and likes to fire rockets into crowded urban neighborhoods is not the fault of the Arab population.

Of course it gets them sympathy, well deserved. If a cop in New York took a machine gun and killed a dozen people on a street in an effort to take down one robbery suspect, no one would blame the robbery suspect and call it a PR stunt on behalf of robbers everywhere.

It doesn't matter if you are on the front line, holding a rifle, or otherwise - if you are in the israeli military and are not currently listed as conscientious objector then you are part of the problem.

I have many friends in the region. I know lads who were drafted. They did not have to do anything as they had filed the documents to be listed as a conscientious objectors. If you have not done than, then obviously your objections here online are not as true as your convictions in real life.
Fine then i will remain part of the problem.
You won't change my view on the conflict.
collateral is a tragedy and sadly it seem's to be a part of every war, look into how the Russians did in Chechnya or what went on in the Balkans than tell me that me and my friends are monsters.
you enjoy your propaganda i will enjoy mine.

as far as you questioning my beliefs I know who i am and what i believe, and if
being a man and doing my obligation to my country is wrong than question my convictions I'm fine with it.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #34
x-pixie

Horse, you annoy me. I really think your an ass, and those posts prove it. Go away.
As for the article, I honestly think the Middle East is acting like a giant two year old. I may sound ignorant or stupid about this issue because I'm going off on only the information I learned in Global Perspectives. But they all need to get over with it, deal with each other, and stop their fucking whining.
Also, the US should have never gotten involved in it. It's a big mess and it really wasn't our fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please. I really do hate feeling uninformed.
x-pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #35
horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-pixie View Post
Horse, you annoy me. I really think your an ass, and those posts prove it. Go away.
As for the article, I honestly think the Middle East is acting like a giant two year old. I may sound ignorant or stupid about this issue because I'm going off on only the information I learned in Global Perspectives. But they all need to get over with it, deal with each other, and stop their fucking whining.
Also, the US should have never gotten involved in it. It's a big mess and it really wasn't our fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please. I really do hate feeling uninformed.
If i annoy you it's too bad, and if you think i'm an ass it's your problem that you waste your thoughts on how i'm such an ass.

Americas whole part really started during the cold war"two factions fighting a war with each other through smaller countries so they wouldn't destroy the world" now that the cold war is over I don't know what the U.S. is doing meddling in our affairs.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:55 AM   #36
CptSternn

Heh - your posts say more than I ever could about the attitude of the israeli army. I mean, you sound like Sasha Baron Cohen on The Simpsons episode where they did a piss-take of israel about three weeks ago.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 05:26 AM   #37
horse

dude you people are acting like i cancelled your world of warcraft accounts. I'm switching flavors now you can stay on grape i'm going on to strawberry. oh and Cpt. you cant say anything about the attitude of the Army because you are not in the Israeli Army so on that note switching to strawberry