Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
Saya

Name that mouse

Kay, so the other night my friend's fiance told her that if she didnt get rid of the mouse he'd swing it by the tail and throw it down the bank. So needless to say I took the mouse in. I wasnt happy about it at first but she is so fricken cute I carry her cage around the apartment all the time so I can watch her.

But I dont know what to name her. Any suggestions? A cool fact about her: she was bought so my friend's fiance could feed her to a tarantula, but she fought the tarantula off and escaped.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:49 AM   #2
Albert Mond

How about Fobd? It stands for 'formerly owned by douchebag'.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
PortraitOfSanity

I had a rat that my friend bought to feed to his boa constrictor, but the rat was so vicious that the snake wouldn't go near it. Eventually we just let it loose because it was too mean to keep in the house. I have a scar on my knuckle from where it bit me when I was dropping food in. Fortunately I try to be up to date on all my animal-borne disease immunizations because I'm around so many feral animals.

I've found that the most convenient pet name for any animal is "damnit".

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
PortraitOfSanity

Stupid 5 minute editing thing. Anyway, at the shelter we have a rescued coyote that's been living there for like 5 years, he's kind of the mascot. Anyway, a couple years ago the director thought it'd be fun to name it Damnit. So after we all called him that for a month, now all he responds to is Damnit. It's great when people are visiting and they hear you yell something like "eat Damnit, I wanna go inside it's cold!" You can tell the real animal people because they think it's hilarious, whereas the normal people are appalled that we would name an animal Damnit.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Mealla

Some ideas:

-Mrs. Frisby or Mrs. Brisby (depending on whether you're going by the Nimh movie or book)
-Coraline (sure, she wasn't a mouse, but there were cute little mice in the movie and book and it's a neat name besides)
-Danger Mouse (more masculine, but appropriate given the tarantula story)
-Pinky
-Maus

There are some others I have, but they're male names. Maybe that'll get you started on ideas though.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
Saya

I was considering Mrs. Bribsy and Coraline (get out of my head Mealla) and Door, but since the cat's name is Lucy I decided to match that and call her Prudence ^_^ She looks like a Prudence.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #7
Pyre

Too bad, I was going to suggest Marill. Prudence is good, too, I guess

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #8
Opteron_Man

How about calling it "Swing"?
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote