Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
boucaneer

Slimelight in Islington.

Hi, I searched for a Slimelight link but there was none.

Has anyone been to the Slimelight club before and more importantly lately.

It had a realy good reputation but I wanted to know what it was like now, in 2010. Most of there posts on their website stop at mostly 2009 and thats either a good thing cause everyone is partying and having a good time and too busy to write or it's a bad thing as everyone has stopped going.

Would like to find out which. Cheers, Rex.
boucaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
Raptor

One floor is pretty much for Combichrist and bands that sound like Combichrist. The other is the same but replace Combichrist with Sisters of Mercy. In the past they used to have different floors open on different nights but I think they might all be open every club night now. They had three floors at one point but again I can't remember if that third floor is still there. It gets boring but if you like those bands a lot you'll probably enjoy it. They had/have a dress code but I think it's mainly there to keep out people who drunkenly stumbled across the club and go in to start fights. They added an area with lots of seating and a life size model tube train that has a bar inside. That bar might also sell food. I occasionally go there but only because it's open until 7am and it acts as a way to pass the time while waiting for the trains to start.

You might want to check out Dead and Buried, depending on what sort of music you enjoy. It's no longer a regular club night but it will be on this Saturday for Halloween. Holloway Road.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
Extraordinary

I have a friend who opened for Combichrist, and he said that Combichrist himself can't spell "yogurt."

Isn't that so un-goth and un-industrial?
Old 11-06-2010, 02:41 AM   #4
angler008

Sorry ,I don't know.