Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #3826
Ben Lahnger

How do you "accidentally" tell someone that they look like ET?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #3827
Solumina

I did that once, only it was because she looked like a local public figure that we all called ET and I didn't even think of it meaning referring to anything else until way after the fact.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #3828
Darcnyss

It's all great that my country is hosting this year's soccer world cup, but the crazed fans are driving me insane! At 2am almost every morning there is the extremely irritating honk of the homemade "vuvuzelas" which sound like the cacophony of a few hundred cars honking their horns simultaneously during the worst traffic jam imaginable. And the friggin' street vendors which rush your car when you stop at a traffic light then try to force you to buy some form of world cup nick-knack. Argh!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #3829
Saya

I just uninvited my sister to my birthday party, after she invited herself. Thing is my sister is very much like a mother figure, and lately she's been very moody. Like one time I was explaining to her why BMI isn't a very credible way to judge what is a healthy weight, and she somehow took that as meaning that I think she's fat o.O So I told her we're watching The Room and getting shitfaced and I wouldn't be comfortable with her there.

Meanwhile I had originally planned to just drink a little bit and maybe have a small joint, but now I feel bad enough to get totally shitfaced. She didn't take it very well >.<

I'm lending her money tomorrow too though, so that makes up for it, right? Right?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:44 AM   #3830
Still Jack

You don't have to feel bad at all. It's your birthday, so you get to do what ever the fuck you want.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:04 PM   #3831
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I just uninvited my sister to my birthday party, after she invited herself. Thing is my sister is very much like a mother figure, and lately she's been very moody. ... So I told her we're watching The Room and getting shitfaced and I wouldn't be comfortable with her there.

Meanwhile I had originally planned to just drink a little bit and maybe have a small joint, but now I feel bad enough to get totally shitfaced. She didn't take it very well >.<

I'm lending her money tomorrow too though, so that makes up for it, right? Right?
First, it's not something you have to make up for. If you make yourself feel guilty over this one, so help me ... I'm gonna have to run up there and hand you a carnation. And I'm not sure I'm up for the run, so let's not do it, okay?

You didn't need to have her bullshit drama screw up your Birthday and you did exactly what I would have done to clear her out.

Second, the loaning her money thing is right and proper as far as "being a good sister" goes, but unless I'm mistaken doesn't the character you've described your sister as having mean that even as you've handed her the cash she's going to be sniffling about being chased off? (That's if she's not the type to be downright bitchy about it.)

Loan her the cash, simply because you can help her out. Don't worry about karmic credit, offsetting a slight that I don't think you're guilty of or receiving an appropriate thank you from your sister.

Third, I hope you had a hell of a lot of fun!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 06-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #3832
Saya

Yeah apparently she texted me before I asked her not to come and I didn't realize it until I went to bed last night, she didn't need the money after all >.> She was a little hurt but I'm just going to leave her alone for a while.

I feel better about it today though! I'm just super excited to have so many friends over and not have to walk on eggshells.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #3833
the-nihilist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
You don't have to feel bad at all. It's your birthday, so you get to do what ever the fuck you want.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 06-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #3834
korinna5555

I'm rather disappointed with Ghost Dance.
Old 06-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #3835
Ben Lahnger

I've switched to a healthier diet (almost typed hellthier) in support of my SO who has done the same, so after all the fresh meats and vegetables (and stearing away from the cheap junk and frozen food fillers I used to buy) my grocery bill was nearly double.

*sigh* It's for the best, but something else has gotta come out of the budget.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 06-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #3836
Saya

Ouch! Seriously? Frozen fruits and veggies are healthy (they're frozen after harvest so they retain most of their nutrients, but fresh produce from far away loses nutrients and also are not always ripe when plucked) so you don't need to eat everything fresh.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #3837
Pineapple_Juice

So I found out that giving people second chances means they're going to find some overpainted skeez bitch at a party and drop you like a stone immediately afterward.

I always wondered if being dumped gives me the false impression that I am a fat boring loser, or if I was always a fat boring loser and being dumped just puts it into perspective.

Either way, I don't think it's possible to overcome such a prevalent personality trait as being dull as fuck.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #3838
Solumina

Well you aren't fat and I don't actually know how you are off of here but you seem pretty fun and entertaining.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:19 AM   #3839
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
So I found out that giving people second chances means they're going to find some overpainted skeez bitch at a party and drop you like a stone immediately afterward.

I always wondered if being dumped gives me the false impression that I am a fat boring loser, or if I was always a fat boring loser and being dumped just puts it into perspective.

Either way, I don't think it's possible to overcome such a prevalent personality trait as being dull as fuck.
You must be talking about lemons, because the pineapples at Gnet aren't fat or dull. Rather quite the opposite.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #3840
the-nihilist

The merciless sun shines malevolently from its sky-throne.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #3841
Pineapple_Juice

That's sweet guys. Except Nihilist. Except it's true, it is hot.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:36 PM   #3842
Saya

I got a horrible toothache, I just want to rip the tooth out.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:17 AM   #3843
vindicatedxjin

...I'm getting very, very, stressed.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #3844
Lady Sorrow

im sorry to hear that vindicatedxjin. im in that same boat lately. i hope Creator blesses you with better days.
Lady Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #3845
vindicatedxjin

I hope so too...

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #3846
Lady Sorrow

im sure he will. theres a bible verse that goes somthing like 'if two of you on earth agree on something, i will give it to you.' im sure im not the only one who wishes for your releif. blessed be, vindicatedxjin.
Lady Sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:34 AM   #3847
Raptor

Next year looks really interesting but I can't do everything; it's going to be pretty hard to choose.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #3848
Nocturnal Logic

Disclaimer: Semi-long, emotionally charged rant below.

I'm getting very irritated with people in my life, and I know it's not their fault, but still.. some people just piss me off somehow. They push the right buttons (of which I have very few) at the wrong time and manage to irk me to no end. I don't want to take my own problems out on others, but it doesn't seem so simple anymore, and it works out that way somehow. I think more than anything I'm aggravated with how society treats anyone outside it's norm.

I feel as if I'm walking through life wearing a carefully created mask, yet under that mask I'm withering away; and if I continue in this way for much longer, there won't be much left for me to rebuild myself with. I keep breaking down, having major depressive bouts and somehow I have to find the strength to keep going, but my strength is just about tapped. Every time I think things are going to gradually get better, they seemingly get worse. Half the time I want to cry, the other half the time I'd like to bang my head against a wall and scream my heart out. It's been the same story repeated endlessly for the last several years of my life; somehow, I have to break the pattern, but it's <insert expletive here> hard and too many people keep throwing more drama my way, or bailing out on me when I need them most.

The next few months should be interesting to say the least.. if I don't collapse under the pressure, I should be alright in the long run. It's really trying my patience though.

*sigh*

If I stumble, they're going to eat me alive. - Metric
Nocturnal Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #3849
Apathy's_Child

You know you've hit bottom when you find yourself getting drunk and watching footage of giant boils being lanced on youtube.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #3850
honeythorn

Have you been on popthatzit.com? My dad loves it . >.<
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote