Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #101
Yog_Shohoth

The Case of Charles Dexter Ward
Yog_Shohoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #102
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Oh, Stephen King has some really gross stories, I can't remember which anthology it was or the name of the story, buts its about a surgeon who crash lands on a desert island and eats himself. I couldn't eat for the rest of the day after I read that.
Survivor Type, from the Skeleton Crew collection.. it freaked me out as well.

"...lady fingers they taste just like lady fingers"
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #103
Technowitch

Most of the things I've read that scare me come from the news--novels and short stories usually don't bother me. But some of the splat books White Wolf puts out can be pretty creepy, especially anything they put out regarding the WoD version of the spirit world. The nWoD Book of the Spirits made it a point to illustrate just exactly how joy spirits were dangerous, alien, and ultimately destructive beings. Joy spirits.

Strangely, the Call of Cthulu game isn't that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_cthulhu View Post
"Freak Legion", from the Old World of Darkness roleplaying series. It's really just a roleplaying guide, but it had me so paranoid I was afraid of my own bathroom for MONTHS. Just google 'freakfeet' and you'll see what I mean.
Really? I thought Book of the Weaver was much worse than Freak Legion. I couldn't even touch my computer for a week after reading that one. Fomori are just standard horror flick fare, but drones are just awful.
Technowitch is offline   Reply With Quote