Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
Sendo

Good morning?

Hi, I'm Mary Rose, also known as Sendo.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm a student, but I do write and I am working on a collection of poetry to be published.
I like to do all sorts of artsy things including crafting, sewing, beading, singing and other such things.

2. Where are you from?
A small town in Maryland.

3. Who is your favorite author?
I am very seriously caught between Neil Gaiman and Aldous Huxley.

4. What are your favorite films?
Interview with a Vampire, The Princess Bride, Coraline and Princess Mononoke.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
A wide spectrum of rock and techno with deep lyrics.

6. At your funeral?
Nothing mournful, a funeral should be a celebration of the life of the deceased.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Vampire bite, but of course, this is unlikely to happen, so proving one of my strong opinions.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
High shine black with deep blue fabric details. If my best friend would be so kind, I would like her to put a little silver plate on the top that says "An angel that didn't so much fall from heaven as sauntered vaguely downwards. -Good Omens." on the side.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I don't like to wear the same outfit multiple times if I can help it, so I don't really have a favorite.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
I miss being able to read fairy tales about dragons and fairies without being called immature.

11. What's your favorite band?
I don't have one because I like a lot of variety and I like different bands for different reasons.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Highschool education with a "prime" subject of creative writing, my major will be creative writing.

13. Why did you join?
I've been reading things on the site for a while and decided "Why not?".

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female.
Sendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
Lord Whiskerton

Top of the morning to you, madam! I see that you are fond of Princess Mononoke. Do you perhaps take interest in other Miyazaki movies as well? And it would be helpful for us to know you a bit better if you would name some of the bands or musicians you take pleasure in listening to.

Second Account that I doubt I'll be using: MiladyMalice
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
Sendo

I'm all over the Miyazaki movies, my second favorite being Howl's Moving Castle, but Princess Mononoke holds a special place in my heart for being the first one I watched and being about forest god's fighting modern technology.

I supposed it would, then. My music taste depends mostly on a good base and amazing vocals, so some of my favorite artists would have to be Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, the 69 eyes, HIM, Abney Park, Theatre of Tragedy, Draconian, Nightwish, Within Temptation and my guilty pleasure: Evanescence.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
Lenovo

Thanks Ed for the uplifting comment. It is good to know that somehow I could be of help although the thread is way old.
comparatif simulation taux credit auto - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !comparatif simulation taux credit auto
Lenovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:29 AM   #5
Still Jack

Isn't this bot's name that of a laptop company.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
Sendo

Yeah, it is.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
HellforgedX

Welcome to the boreds! Have you watched (not just read) Neverwhere? Pretty darn good little miniseries. What are your thoughts on Les Paul dying?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
Sendo

Thank you

I haven't watched Neverwhere, I'm still plowing through the last season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I'm not much of a TV person, so it's a slow progress) and I guess Neverwhere could be the next series I watch? How's the acting?

He lived to a good old age, 94 wasn't it? He will be remembered for his amazing musical abilities, but we all have to die sometime.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:37 PM   #9
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Here in his home town of Waukesha many of us are hoping he'll grant us the honor of being his final resting place. Though even if he doesn't it will be alright, he has done much for the community here donating much of his items to our local museums in the past few years.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 AM   #10
Schazmyrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendo View Post
I'm all over the Miyazaki movies, my second favorite being Howl's Moving Castle, but Princess Mononoke holds a special place in my heart for being the first one I watched and being about forest god's fighting modern technology.
I watched them both and I love them both, too.
Welcome to the boards!
Schazmyrrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:33 AM   #11
Pineapple_Juice

Am I the only one who thought the only good movies Miyazaki's put out have been Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away?

Incidentally am I the only one who feels like something's wrong if I watch those movies without copious amounts of ramen and green tea?
Old 08-14-2009, 06:35 AM   #12
Lord Whiskerton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Am I the only one who thought the only good movies Miyazaki's put out have been Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away?

Incidentally am I the only one who feels like something's wrong if I watch those movies without copious amounts of ramen and green tea?
I enjoyed Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, as well as Howl's Moving
Castle. I am looking forward to watching Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea.

For some odd reason, whenever viewing his movies, I always search for a bag of Snow Pea Crisp chips to consume while watching it.

Second Account that I doubt I'll be using: MiladyMalice
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:01 AM   #13
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post

Pffft, what about Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind? The rest that I can think of I like and were good but weren't absolutely amazing.

I can't wait to see Ponyo. I'm dragging my roommate along to see it :3 Apparently this may be his last film though.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
Sendo

I hope it's not his last film.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #15
Pineapple_Juice

Yeah I told the BF I was stoked on Ponyo but he was like "uhyeahtotallyum...i'd sure love to watch it, golly gee" like, meaning he would never watch that movie unless he thought he was gonna get something out of it, aka booty.