Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #51
Luv2H8

Looking like the dead would be more like a compliment...
Luv2H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #52
Tam Li Hua

Now this conversation makes me want to listen to Zombie Girl. Hah hah!
Old 04-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #53
Luv2H8

Makes feel like listening to Danny Elfman for some reason.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #54
Altemese

makes me wanna listen to HIM "join me in death"
Altemese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #55
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack View Post
Why the FUCK do you need to carry a loaded firearm with you to go to Barnes and Noble? What, are you worried the books about WW2 are going to open fire with Howitzers? Jumping fucking Jesus, if you're going to a place so dangerous you feel the need to carry live ammunition with you, you've no good business being there.

Honestly, if you go to a dangerous place with a weapon at your side, you're not thinking of safety, you're looking for a fight.

I STILL disagree with this statement. Cops go everywhere with a gun all the damned time and they're no better or worse than the next asshole.

But I wasn't arguing about weather it was okay or not to pack heat, but that the laws depending on each state allows citizens to carry around guns.

If you don't like that citizens have that right, then obviously you need to write congress to get the second amendment abolished. But I'm more than certain that you don't care nearly enough to support a full disarmament of the law abiding masses.

Those that legally carry their arms in public aren't looking for a fight anymore than your friends who walk around with knives or some make shift weapon when they go out.

Clearly, liberal thinking implies that the people aren't responsible enough to bear arms of any kind and that removing the tool will remove the intent and will of a violent society.

In short, you don't like it, write your congressmen to get the second amendment done away with.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #56
DRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altemese View Post
No! No! No! No!
Old 04-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #57
alchemie

Don't feed the troll!
alchemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:25 PM   #58
Anarasha

Quote:
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, should ever make you wanna listen to HIM.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #59
Luv2H8

Quote:
*facepalm*
Old 04-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #60
Altemese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, should ever make you wanna listen to HIM.
why? I mean they are not one of my fav, but that song is really pretty.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #61
Tam Li Hua

^ It's mostly because they're poser-goff, and isn't actual goth music. More like music for pre-teens than music for serious goth-music enthusiasts.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #62
Altemese

^ o. I don't listen to them. it just that one day, my cousin was playing that particular song. and i just thought it was really pretty.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #63
Tam Li Hua

^ Ask a question, get an answer. =]
Old 04-04-2010, 01:45 AM   #64
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
I STILL disagree with this statement. Cops go everywhere with a gun all the damned time and they're no better or worse than the next asshole.

But I wasn't arguing about weather it was okay or not to pack heat, but that the laws depending on each state allows citizens to carry around guns.

If you don't like that citizens have that right, then obviously you need to write congress to get the second amendment abolished. But I'm more than certain that you don't care nearly enough to support a full disarmament of the law abiding masses.

Those that legally carry their arms in public aren't looking for a fight anymore than your friends who walk around with knives or some make shift weapon when they go out.

Clearly, liberal thinking implies that the people aren't responsible enough to bear arms of any kind and that removing the tool will remove the intent and will of a violent society.

In short, you don't like it, write your congressmen to get the second amendment done away with.
The only logical reason to carry a weapon in public is because you anticipate the possible need of it at some point. Clearly, any area where it is sufficiently dangerous enough to make one think a weapon will be necessary is an area one should stay clear of.

Personally, I don't like the idea of anyone carrying around weapons in public, police officers or otherwise. That does NOT mean I'm going to start telling people what they can and can not carry in public. I don't think people should have more than two children per couple, and I don't think stupid people should procreate, but I'm not going to enforce either idea.

I wasn't talking about laws. Laws are a separate rant. I was talking about the logical motivation for someone to carry around an all too dangerous weapon with them.

Moreover, if a person wants to exercise their right to carry a firearm in public, a business can very well exercise their rights of private property and ask them to leave.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #65
KontanKarite

But I AM talking about laws. As I think I may have said before, I am certain you know friends or even yourself to some degree use precautions to some level about your safety when going out in public.

Do we all live in gangland USA? No. But I'm certain that we all take our precautions when going out. Be it using your right to carry a gun, to illegally concealing a knife, to down right deciding that even though you have nothing on you to defend yourself, you have at least an appropriate amount of mindset to fight or defend yourself in some way if the shit hits the fan.

As for the businesses, you're right. That DOES happen. It doesn't happen all the time, but there's LOTS of places in KY that post signs stating that firearms are not allowed.

In KY, it doesn't quite permeate the same kind of message than it does in California about holstered guns because seeing them are VERY common place, especially in the more rural areas of Kentucky. The culture here is far more permissible about gun ownership and the right to bear them. You can't look at Deadman's situation from your perspective and expect the two people to come to an agreement.

But I suppose this also contributes to personal experiences to guns and how they've seen the laymen handle them in their lives. Where you see a holstered weapon in Boarders as a potential threat, I see it as just another person with their gun.

On the other hand, seeing someone obviously trying to conceal their gun or walking around, acting suspicious with a gun on their person says something entirely different.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #66
korinna5555

FUCK YOU, ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 04-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #67
Saya

I need initiation, god dammit!

I think a lot of gun owners are just too paranoid and contribute to a society where everyone is looking at everyone else suspiciously. Of course some of them could have been paranoid anyway, but its really gun culture that I find ridiculous and even dangerous.

I gave up carrying any weapon whatsoever, I used to have a knife in my purse but if I ever was attacked I'd easily be overpowered anyway, so whats the point? And I live in a relatively safe city and women are actually less likely to be victims of random violence in public anyway, especially in book stores.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #68
korinna5555

Nick Blinko. NICK BLINKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k...ad5/blinko.jpg
Old 04-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #69
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I need initiation, god dammit!

I think a lot of gun owners are just too paranoid and contribute to a society where everyone is looking at everyone else suspiciously. Of course some of them could have been paranoid anyway, but its really gun culture that I find ridiculous and even dangerous.

I gave up carrying any weapon whatsoever, I used to have a knife in my purse but if I ever was attacked I'd easily be overpowered anyway, so whats the point? And I live in a relatively safe city and women are actually less likely to be victims of random violence in public anyway, especially in book stores.
Saya, your sentiments of making yourself even more defenseless bothers me for some reason.

I don't carry weapons what-so-ever on my person. I'm also not exactly what one would consider a beacon of human fitness, though I'm not weak. But the thought would never cross my mind of, "They'd overpower me anyway, so I may as well make it way easier than it should be for them."

Old 04-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #70
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
Saya, your sentiments of making yourself even more defenseless bothers me for some reason.

I don't carry weapons what-so-ever on my person. I'm also not exactly what one would consider a beacon of human fitness, though I'm not weak. But the thought would never cross my mind of, "They'd overpower me anyway, so I may as well make it way easier than it should be for them."
If I had a knife chances are they could grab it out of my hand and stab me, I'm more likely to be hurt by the knife than any attacker. Secondly, why should I be afraid of being defenseless? Why should I get caught up in paranoia that every man that walks past me is a potential rapist, and that I shouldn't even be out after dark? I'm not stupid, I avoid dark alley ways and know enough self defense to be able to get out of a grip and run, but like I said, St.John's has a pretty low crime rate and its rare that you hear about women being randomly attacked in public. I'm just not afraid.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #71
Kalitrima

Have you thought of carrying mace, or something like it? I can see where reliance on it would be bad (assuming that you'll always be able to use it and so on), but it'll give a good chance to run away while the attacker is recoiling. And it's non-lethal, so even if it's turned on you, you aren't in any more peril than you were before, I suppose. I don't know, maybe my logic is a bit questionable.
Kalitrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #72
Deadmanwalking_05

Well Saya,to be honest you seem to have a defeatist attitude on the subjects of weapons,defense, and your own capabilities.

I think you might surprise yourself if you took a little training (If you haven't already that is).

As fucked up as my logic may seem to you I actually don't want anything to happen to you guys and gals,sure I like to piss you off,but that's it,I don't wish any bodily harm to visit you or your friends and family.

I just like to get a rise out of the crowd every now and then.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #73
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalitrima View Post
Have you thought of carrying mace, or something like it? I can see where reliance on it would be bad (assuming that you'll always be able to use it and so on), but it'll give a good chance to run away while the attacker is recoiling. And it's non-lethal, so even if it's turned on you, you aren't in any more peril than you were before, I suppose. I don't know, maybe my logic is a bit questionable.
Mace is illegal to carry in Canada, and again I just don't feel like I need it anyway.

And Deadman, I have taken self defense and will take more in September, they usually offer free courses in the days before the Take Back The Night march, but how am I a defeatist if I don't even think I'm going to be attacked in the first place?
Old 04-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #74
Tam Li Hua

I have to agree with Saya in that I would like to learn proper self-defense techniques without having to resort to carrying any sort of weapon.

I just feel like folks resort to guns, knives, mace, etc. far too often, and it isn't necessary most of the time.

That being said, one of the best methods of self-defense is to carry yourself in such a way that you don't come across as an easy target for attackers: Looking up and around you when in public, having an air of confidence [even if you don't feel confident], etc. If you look like you'd put up a fight, then most potential attackers aren't likely to go after you. =)
Old 04-04-2010, 06:38 PM   #75
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Mace is illegal to carry in Canada, and again I just don't feel like I need it anyway.

And Deadman, I have taken self defense and will take more in September, they usually offer free courses in the days before the Take Back The Night march, but how am I a defeatist if I don't even think I'm going to be attacked in the first place?
I was talking about your multiple comments that if you had (Insert weapon of choice here)that someone would just take it away and use it against you.

That's the defeatist attitude I was referencing.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote