Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:32 AM   #51
edible_eye

it's not because of you, vampyre - and that's quite a wonderful gesture you just extended.

the site regularly, of late, has suffered due to miscreants with nothing better to do than pepper our forum with sub-human garbage.

you received the brunt of that frustration when this little tet-a-tet erupted, but no - it's not because of you.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:32 AM   #52
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
What's with all you quitters?

Meh!

Fucking go, jerks.
Err..

What?
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #53
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Err..

What?
Sorry, I was responding to everyone that's already said they were leaving. It tears me up to know that my little family is shrinking day-by-day, babe.

I'm just mad and frustrated and sad as hell.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #54
Mistress-Liriel

Xng and horrorgirl, I know that I am a newbie (and I think I even did one or two LOLs in my previous posts ;>), but I really have to ask that you reconsider staying. You are two that have stood out to me, as very sincere, matter-of-fact, intelligent people. I enjoy reading your posts, even when you are putting someone in their place. You are both articulate, and a joy to read.

I'm sorry that trolls invade with reckless abandon, but how on Earth will the genuine people that happen upon this great place ever get to experience what it truly means to be goth, when the real goths are gone?

Don't let the trolls keep you from something you enjoy. They simply do not deserve the satisfaction.
Mistress-Liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:20 AM   #55
horrorgirl

I probably won't leave as of now but all of the trolls are getting really annoying.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:44 AM   #56
Draconysius

I understand the n00bs can become overwhelmingly annoying, but no matter where you go, you're going to encounter them. All we can do is try to flush out all we can. None of you should leave, though. Once we introduce our dark side to the n00bs, they almost always go 'fuck you' and leave forever. I wouldn't let them get to you.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:55 AM   #57
selfdestruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I certainly hope you're not making fun of me.

I'm trying to fucking help you.

If you're going to shit on that, feel free, but if you do I doubt you'd ever be able to redeem yourself.

Noooo that wasnt aimed at you....just happen to appear after your post....
selfdestruction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:15 AM   #58
Ben Lahnger

Vampyrekisses,

Welcome to this site. First, a quick heads-up. Because this is a literary site, folks around here put a lot of stock in grammer and spelling. I would encourage you to take the extra effort to always capitalize the word "I" and just kinda work on your style. After reading the rules here I waited nearly a week before making my first post, and in that time I learned that it is clearly important that you express yourself here like a writer would ... and not e. e. cummings (if you know what I mean!)

I am always pleased to welcome new members of ... *ahem* ... "a certain age", as it were. I think that there's no "serious" member here that I haven't come to appreciate, but I do like to know there are a few people here who can understand me when I dredge up some memory from the 70's.

As far as not liking to read is concerned, I think that definitely puts you in the minority among this crowd. But as a person with Adult Attention Deficit Disorder who finds it hard to focus on reading at times, I can relate. Can I recommend an alternative? There are some fabulous contributions to the world of gothic literature from some terrific and talented cartoonists. (Okay, veterans ... I know it's not technically literature, but they do come in books! And I love some of them sooooo!)

How about Charles Addams (of Addms Family fame)? Or my all-time favorite, Gahan Wilson ... whose Playboy cartoons used to terrify and delight me! And also, what about Shel Silverstien (whose books aren't all cartoons, but I do love his art!)

I'm betting some of the other regulars can make some great recommendations in this regard, if you express an interest. At any rate, welcome to this place. I think you sound interesting, and I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:20 AM   #59
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Then who was the "you"?
Xng, I hope she goes back and explains the "you" to your satisfaction, but just as a personal note to you, when I first saw this I thought "Oh, I hope Xng gets that the comment wasn't directed at her."

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 05-06-2006, 05:27 AM   #60
angel011

Quote:
Because this is a literary site, folks around here put a lot of stock in grammer and spelling.
Sorry, Ben, I couldn't resist.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:32 AM   #61
Ben Lahnger

Och! You caught me!

Man, of all the words to misspell, that IS the wrong one. Damn, is that embarassing! :P

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-06-2006, 05:39 AM   #62
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconysius
I understand the n00bs can become overwhelmingly annoying, but no matter where you go, you're going to encounter them. All we can do is try to flush out all we can. None of you should leave, though. Once we introduce our dark side to the n00bs, they almost always go 'fuck you' and leave forever. I wouldn't let them get to you.
Um ... you know, we were all n00bs at one point. Even Xng (with her over 8000 posts) had to start with post number one.

I detailed above about how I started ... I was careful. I was also lucky to walk in and see a n00b roasting in progress, so I was on high alert. I believe some people here have taken joy just in seeing how cruel they can be to new people. Some even consider it part of the culture of gothic.net ... as if you can't really be considered a respectable member here until you've run that gauntlet. If I'd have received that kind of treatment, I'd have left and never come back. I never did get flamed, but I don't think the average person with an interest in things gothic should have to be that careful to hang out here, either.

I am against trollery in all forms. and I understand the frustration with the recent invasions. I am frustrated too. I also do not wish anyone here to be tolerant of hate speech, stupidity or malice. All I am saying as that a little forbearance and instruction to some of the n00bs might be a more constructive approach that the instant hair-trigger pounce-and-flame I've seen around here lately.

And Draconysius, I have enjoyed your posts and look forward to your future contributions. But, with 183 posts, you're not that far removed from n00b status yourself. I can only hope you meant to say "trolls" or something like that.

If I ever leave, it will be because of an over-preponderance of that kind of behavior ... or just plain old mucking it up on the part of the admins.

And now, I'd like to apologize for further hijacking this introduction thread. Vampyrekisses, this is your thread. I'd like to encourage you to post something here to take it back. Tell us something interesting about yourself. Talk about a hobby. Ask us a question ... or anything! I want to encourage you to make this your place.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,