Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 11-11-2008, 03:24 AM   #101
Saya

I still don't understand what happened back then. But I wouldn't put it past Geisha, she was quite the liar -_-*

deviant, were you here back then under a different name?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:17 AM   #102
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-deviant-x
Geisha was a psycho.
Was Geisha the one who faked being in a car accident and then created a fake sister account telling everyone she was in the hospital?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:11 AM   #103
KontanKarite

Now that's some quality trolling. How do we go from someone like Geisha to Mindless1?

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:42 AM   #104
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Yeah it was. Geisha accused her of "plotting with the admins" to get everyone out so that she could be a mod.
That's just stupid.
Hold on, I'm confused, Geisha accused EPS? Cuz she was a mod long before there were any problems with abuse of power, hell she was openly friends with the admin when she was made into a mod. The only real abuse of moderator power that I recall was by Al, and he really never should have been a mod in the first place, I loved the guy but he did have a bit of a temper and was in no way impartial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Was Geisha the one who faked being in a car accident and then created a fake sister account telling everyone she was in the hospital?
Yeah I believe that was her.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #105
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Now that's some quality trolling. How do we go from someone like Geisha to Mindless1?
The sad thing was that it wasn't trolling, she was just crazy
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #106
Apathy's_Child

So Deviant's an oldie?

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #107
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Auriel~~
I don't hate homosexuals. When did I say that I did? Why would I remain friends with a gay couple, if I hated them?
"I'm not racist, I have a black friend!"

Pull the other one, you fool, you voted for the inequality of people on a trivial ethical difference and now you want to espouse your 'liberal' bullshit like you're a pillar of acceptance and goodwill?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #108
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
"I'm not racist, I have a black friend!"

Pull the other one, you fool, you voted for the inequality of people on a trivial ethical difference and now you want to espouse your 'liberal' bullshit like you're a pillar of acceptance and goodwill?
Didn't she say that she didn't vote as there was nothing like that in her area and that even if there were she would most likely leave it blank?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #109
JCC

I thought she'd voted. Jesus, pedant.

Fine, she supports inequality.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #110
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I thought she'd voted. Jesus, pedant.

Fine, she supports inequality.
Fair enough, I just don't think there is any chance of her considering a different view point if what she said is taken out of context and misconstrued, especially since people are not only attacking her viewpoint on the issue but also attacking her character and intellect, all that will do is make her defensive.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #111
JCC

Are we still friends of the bosom Solumina? Chums forever and ever?
Old 11-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #112
Solumina

Forever and ever
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #113
JCC

Hug me girlfriend, hug me!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:06 PM   #114
Solumina

*hug*ten characters
-Carbon Leaf
Old 11-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #115
JCC

That was some good hug, we are a great team, you and I.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #116
Joker_in_the_Pack

You guys are dweebs. I love you.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #117
Necrophagist

Lulzz ' dweebs ' - haven't heard that word in a long time.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #118
~~Auriel~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Fair enough, I just don't think there is any chance of her considering a different view point if what she said is taken out of context and misconstrued, especially since people are not only attacking her viewpoint on the issue but also attacking her character and intellect, all that will do is make her defensive.
Thanks for that. But there really isn't any use in trying to convince me anyways. I believe what I believe. Take it or leave it. I accept that you feel differently. That's cool by me.
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:48 PM   #119
raggedyanne

Eh, your views suck, even if you as a person can be pretty cool. Just stop tempting us with your creepy right wing religious crap. You must know by now that the internet cannot pass up the opportunity to try and make you feel like a refuse-dump just for your beliefs. No one is right, please don't use the "I have a (insert controversial topic here) friend" excuse, and please stop trying to tell us that you are right about gay marriage until you have spent a month living in the Castro district of San Francisco trying to explain your opinions to the people who your views oppress.

to sum it up: you're ok, stop antagonizing us by trying to prove yourself innocent; you did not do anything wrong, you're just misguided in some areas and that can easily be blamed on your upbringing and place of birth. I forgive you for having your own opinion (yes you can laugh at that). It is my view that religion has more cons than pros and we should all be atheists or at least pagan, but that is just my belief and I am as entitled to it as you are to your god-like shadow man who causes schizophrenia in Mesopotamian males (again, insert laughing here, you know you want to).
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:00 AM   #120
~~Auriel~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
Eh, your views suck, even if you as a person can be pretty cool. Just stop tempting us with your creepy right wing religious crap. You must know by now that the internet cannot pass up the opportunity to try and make you feel like a refuse-dump just for your beliefs. No one is right, please don't use the "I have a (insert controversial topic here) friend" excuse, and please stop trying to tell us that you are right about gay marriage until you have spent a month living in the Castro district of San Francisco trying to explain your opinions to the people who your views oppress.

to sum it up: you're ok, stop antagonizing us by trying to prove yourself innocent; you did not do anything wrong, you're just misguided in some areas and that can easily be blamed on your upbringing and place of birth. I forgive you for having your own opinion (yes you can laugh at that). It is my view that religion has more cons than pros and we should all be atheists or at least pagan, but that is just my belief and I am as entitled to it as you are to your god-like shadow man who causes schizophrenia in Mesopotamian males (again, insert laughing here, you know you want to).
You're right I did laugh at that. Honestly, I'm not trying to prove anything. The last thing I am is innocent! I don't think anyone is innocent. I'm defending myself and my beliefs against the people who are twisting my words and using them to bash me.
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:42 PM   #121
Necrophagist

BASH!

There, bashed you.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #122
raggedyanne

Ahh, but flaming is much more entertaining
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #123
Necrophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
Ahh, but flaming is much more entertaining
Concurred.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:01 AM   #124
Sir. Helpmann

Religion doesn't affect me in the slightest, so I don't really care either way.

I know it's a problem in the US however, and I appreciate people's concerns.
Sir. Helpmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #125
raggedyanne

I wish people in the US would separate their religion from their politics, especially the politicains