Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:30 PM   #1
Empty_Purple_Stars

Seven Dead at Seattle 'Cyber Goth' House Party

Seven dead after Seattle house party shooting
Police chief: One of the city's largest crime scenes
Saturday, March 25, 2006; Posted: 3:00 p.m. EST (20:00 GMT)

SEATTLE — A gunman opened fire Saturday morning in a rental home occupied by 20 young partygoers, killing six and critically injuring at least one other before committing suicide when confronted by police outdoors.

William Lowe, 59, who lives across the street, said he heard six shots fired shortly after his alarm went off at 7 a.m. He looked through the peephole of his door to see people scattering from the home, some with faces painted and hair dyed — "part of their party culture," according to Seattle Police spokesman Rich Pruitt.

One man staggered out and sat down, Lowe said, and a large man — about 6-foot-1 and maybe 225 pounds — came carrying a shotgun across his chest. When the officer told him to put the weapon down, he put the barrel in his mouth and fired.

Police believe the shooting happened at a party and the dead were all in their early 20s, authorities said. At least a dozen other people were in the house at the time, officials said.

Officers found five people dead in various rooms. Three people were taken to a hospital; one died. Officers transported a dozen witnesses to a precinct to interview them.

"It's one of the largest crime scenes the city has ever had," said Seattle Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske.

He said an officer in the neighborhood heard shots fired at just after 7 a.m. and arrived to find one person staggering out of the house with a gunshot wound. The officer confronted another man with a shotgun and told him several times to put the weapon down, but then the man turned it on himself and fired, Kerlikowske said.

The suspect had more than one gun, Pruitt said. He said he did not know if drugs or alcohol were a factor.

Lowe said people were coming and going from the house at all hours, often in elaborate makeup.

"This was a destination point," he said.

Aaron Hoyle, 25, of Renton, said about five twentysomethings lived in the blue, two-story bungalow with white trim, and that some were promoters of warehouse parties. Hoyle hadn't been to the home in about three months, but heard about the shooting on the news and came to see if his friends were OK. By late morning, he still didn't know.

The home, which according to King County property records is owned by a man named Gregg D. Doyle, is just a few blocks from Miller Community Center, where Little League baseball games were underway Saturday morning.

Source

I'll keep this thread updated as more information comes in from Seattle.

I also sent Loy a text message to his cell phone, just to ease my mind..

I'm still in shock that something like this has happened.

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:34 PM   #2
horrorgirl

I live in Olympia so I should be catching this on the news tonight at work. Pretty sad stuff.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
grimreaper993

What was the reason behind this cruel shooting? i mean, sure they were loud but they weren't doing anything criminal or dangerous....
grimreaper993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:38 PM   #4
horrorgirl

I just read in a Seattle online paper that the people shot had just attended a 'zombie rave' at a club in Seattle. Don't know if that is a connection.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...hooting25.html

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:59 PM   #5
Empty_Purple_Stars

I just talked to Loy. He's okay but he didn't know yet.

This occurred in his neighborhood. Oh man..

I hated being the one to tell him about it. *sad sighs*

He is going to start making calls and get back to me later.

This is just so fucked up.

Is it too early for a shot?

Old 03-25-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
Queenofdarkness57

This is awful, well at least the criminal didn't get away with it.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:21 PM   #7
edible_eye

humanity...

i'm glad to hear loy is all right.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:51 PM   #8
Empty_Purple_Stars

The shooting happened on E. Republican Street in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood.

For anyone that is wondering..

And that's Loys neighborhood.

Damn this is so fucked up..
Old 03-25-2006, 01:54 PM   #9
Pathogen.

Why in the hell would some maniac with a shotgun start blasting on a Gothic house party?!! The hell?!!
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #10
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen.
Why in the hell would some maniac with a shotgun start blasting on a Gothic house party?!! The hell?!!
Some things can't be simply explained.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #11
Empty_Purple_Stars

We'll know more as the day unfolds..

I just can't believe something like this has happened..

Hasn't there been enough friggin death in the last year?

Old 03-25-2006, 02:03 PM   #12
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
We'll know more as the day unfolds..

I just can't believe something like this has happened..

Hasn't there been enough friggin death in the last year?

Imagine we could add up only the ones we know about from Gnet. That's A LOT of dead people!
Old 03-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #13
Jane13

That's really sad and really scary... thanks for getting us informed EPS. Gosh... I really wonder what drove him to do that. Not that I care, because it's still wrong, but some closure wuld be good for their families....
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 04:56 PM   #14
pitseleh

Oh my God that is insane. That firearms end up in the possession of such lunatics is a damn shame. And then to just blow his own head off afterwards...

Senseless, horrible tragedy... My heart goes out to the families and friends of those afflicted, however far away it is.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:59 PM   #15
Loy

My problem with this nutcase having a firearm is that he wasn' crazy enough to try shooting other people AFTER he shot himself.

So I've made my calls and such....the house IS the one I thought it was. The people involved included some people I knew in passing.

And the news is correct...this wasn't random.

I don't have anything concrete yet, but knowing some of the people involved, my spidey sense is tingling that there's something quite sordid involved. the problem is that considering said people, "sordid" includes quite a myriad of possibilities, and people are keeping clam....for now.

I'm sure the Seagothers are going to pop out about 12,000 rumours by the end of the day. And I'm sure they're going to go death-fucking like they always do whenever somebody remotely part of the community dies. Which makes this whole situation even more tragic.

Other than that....to clarify what EPS said earlier, this IS my neighborhood, as in "I live about two blocks away". And I can say for a fact that ranom gunshots are becoming less and less of a rare noise these days.

And EPS, next time, make sure I have some alcohol waiting for me before waking me up like that....

OK, am now going to drink...for about 12 hours....holy shit, I fucking left LA for this kind of crap....
Old 03-25-2006, 08:35 PM   #16
Jane13

Loy, what do you think the motivation was? This is coming from someone who wasn't alive when you got beat to a pulp for looking funny, but you mean they had a grudge against the people, the particular house, or the scene?

Also... I'm so glad you're ok, and I'm so sorry that something like this happened in your neighborhood.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:10 PM   #17
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loy

Other than that....to clarify what EPS said earlier, this IS my neighborhood, as in "I live about two blocks away". And I can say for a fact that ranom gunshots are becoming less and less of a rare noise these days.

And EPS, next time, make sure I have some alcohol waiting for me before waking me up like that....

OK, am now going to drink...for about 12 hours....holy shit, I fucking left LA for this kind of crap....
I'm sorry for having to wake you up like that this morning.. *Hugs*

But when I saw the news, all of my "Loy" radars went off and I just had to make sure you weren't there. I am so glad you weren't.

I still can't believe this happened.

From what I heard this guy was at the party the night before, and left and came back this morning with the shotgun and the revolver. The dead were shot 'execution style'. Which usually only means one thing, but I don't want to speculate either at this point.

It serves no purpose.

This just shouldn't have fucking happened.

So much Death. When does it stop?

And this piece of Filth gets off easy by blowing his own brains out.

What a fucking Pussy.

Lets hope there is a special Well of Endless Torment for this Maggot.

I'm here for you if you need to talk.

Hang in there..

*pours two shots*

Sláinte..
Old 03-25-2006, 10:02 PM   #18
WolfMoon

Loy, I'm so very glad that you're physically okay, love.

I hope you don't have to lose anymore friends.

*HUGZ*
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #19
bjork_freak

I heard about this today. I live near Seattle and according to an interview on King 5 News, alcohol and marijuana was found but police were not sure if any of the victims or the shooter was under the influence.
bjork_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:57 AM   #20
Ben Lahnger

This is sad beyond belief. Loy, I'm so sorry.

They did a fairly respectable piece on this on Good Morning America, including a joint on-air interview with a representative of the police department and one of the party's organizers. The cops are treating this decently, and not making any stereotypical or negative comments about the party. It was definitely an after-party scheduled in conjunction with the rave party at a club earlier in the night.

This was on the air live about 20 minutes ago. The most fucked-up thing? The guy who was one of the organizers said the shooter was invited to attend. wtf? How does that result in this?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick

Last edited by Ben Lahnger; 03-26-2006 at 06:00 AM. Reason: fixing tense
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #21
CptSternn

This article was more descriptive, and I though had a better title...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4846714.stm

US 'Zombie' killings probed

at 0700 (1500 GMT) on Saturday morning, the killer reportedly left the house and went to his truck, parked nearby to collect a pistol grip shotgun and handgun and to don bandoliers of spare shotgun shells.

It's simple. Zombies man. They creep me out.

</Dennis Hopper voice>
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:24 PM   #22
Loy

So for the morbidly obsessed....

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/home/index.html

And the only thing I have to add is this....I know, Seattle Times, that people are obsessed with death and tragedy....hell, that's what keeps people glued to FOX news. My only problem is this-naming names. I'm sorry to go boo-hoo over this, but what was the point of naming names, other than to sell newspapers? Did you fuckers name the names of all the Columbione kids who became wormfood? Did you ever name the names of civilians who've been killed by our armed forces overseas?

This whole thing sucks. And the fact that you mentioned the "other two victims whos condition is reported to be satisfactory" (which is a fucking hoot, unless you think "comatose" is synonymous with "satisfactory", and if you do, you're more fucked in the head than I thought), and yet....you didn't blurt out their names. Why? Are names only important if they die?

This whole thing sucks. Yes, you "did your jobs" in reporting the facts. However, let the people who're picking up the pieces after this alone. If there was any REALLY newsworthy reason to throw names out, I wouldn't be so......AAAARGGHHH.....Fuck you all, and fuck the readership that makes you whore yourselves out to shock value like this.

And people wondered why I dropped out of journalism in the first place....
Old 03-28-2006, 04:26 PM   #23
Loy

And here's to the international press in town.....if you wanna see a real tragedy, go down to South Seattle. Beacon Hill. Kent. Auburn. See what desperation causes people to do. But then again, a bunch of ******s and white trash fucking up their lives and their community aren't seen as newsworthy as some nutcase with a shotgun, huh? Fuck you all, too.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:50 PM   #24
Teh_Emi

My Gods, that's horrible....I used to live in a neighborhood where shootings and death was fairly common (drug dealers all over the place) but still...I'm glad that you're okay. I wouldn't be if that happened within two blocks of where I live.
Teh_Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:38 PM   #25
Snugglekeeg

My aunt who lives out in Washington, obviously, was working the ER where they brought the victims. The one victim she was tending to had his arms all torn up from defensive wounds, and he looked a lot like my cousin which really shook her up. She said that from what he told her the shooter had not been provoked at all, he just started killing for no reason.
Snugglekeeg is offline   Reply With Quote