Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
DefinedRapture

Piercing question

I was thinking recently of getting a certain piercing done, ze nipples. Yeah, its one of those "I've always wanted them done, and I’m turning 18 soon, I’m just curious as to if the pain and the maintenance is a lot to handle" I’ve had my tongue and lip done, gauged my ears, pain isn’t really bother some to me. Anything I should be worried about?
DefinedRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
Stormtrooper of Death

From what I heard, it came be painful, but I've never had it done myself, so I can't tell you. By the way, from your profile pic, you are a very hot. I love the lipstick.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
ThreeEyesOni

Eh, you should be fine. Just make sure to keep everything clean afterwards. You might want to invest in a couple boxes of those large square bandages, to keep clothing from causing too much irritation.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:40 PM   #4
DefinedRapture

Thanks Trooper.

And ouch, it does seem like it would rub alot on the cloth n such. bras and the like. I seem to know more guys having them than girls, either that or they just dont seem to tell me.. Lol. Anyways, thanks for the comments.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
Johnny Gnar Gnar

I had them done freehand, by a guy who shakes like he has nervous system damage. Halfway through the one, he realized he was going to miss the mark on the other side, so mid-poke, he decided to twist the needle to make it come out right. Even the one that went a little bit better hurt like absolute hell. I have tattoos all over the body, and have had just about every piercing that can be done on the head, and the nips were the worst pain I experienced. That being said, they were worth it. After the initial oh my god pain, they were fun. And on a woman, super-duper cool points.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:19 AM   #6
TopHaggardDoll

For me, it didn't hurt that much, i've had worse.

They can take up to a year to heal though. So be prepared for that.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #7
DefinedRapture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Gnar Gnar
I had them done freehand, by a guy who shakes like he has nervous system damage. Halfway through the one, he realized he was going to miss the mark on the other side, so mid-poke, he decided to twist the needle to make it come out right. .
I saw something similar happen to my ex-guys septum ring. For whatever reason though, yours made me cringe though. gah! Maybe because its the image I got of some like scary old guy like shaking with a rusty needle going at a nipple and like getting it all uneven. *weird imagination, sorry* ANYWHO;

General question:
Did you get both done at once, or just get one then the other? I was thinking both at once, and I heard they give discounts at my piercing place for two at once~ (woo? maybe they just like getting flashed, haha yeah..)

my lip and tongue didnt take too long to heal, (as long as they said it would) so i hope they wont either. knowing me, they probably will take forever.

(thanks btw!)
Old 04-28-2008, 05:33 PM   #8
ThreeEyesOni

A friend of mine back in collge got his nipples done with a regular bobby pin and then got into the habit of wearing safety pins. Not the wisest move.

Specially not wise when a year later he was fooling around in the hallway, roughing about, and they both got ripped right out. He just sort of crumpled to the ground with a small gasping sound.

Somewhere I used to have a photo of the damage, which was certainly significant.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #9
DefinedRapture

This is where i'm so thankful for wearing a bra? Wow. That must of been so painful.. gah. Ive heard of people getting their earrings yanked out, like gauges -- from fighting, (ew) but that just sounds like it must of just sucked. Poor guy..
Old 04-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #10
Stormtrooper of Death

Good luck with it. Your sexy points already high, now it's going through the roof!
Old 04-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #11
Sleazy_Spade

I was there when the GF got hers done, it looked like it hurt quite a bit compared to my tongue, but she said it wasn't too bad. The healing is what is harder. Took her about 3-4 months to get to where you can actually handle them and not hurt her. And she had to clean them several times a day.

Have them pierced with rings and not something with an edge and they shouldn't catch.
Sleazy_Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #12
DefinedRapture

i'm glad i'm doing this in summer time when i have plenty of free time to just clean them then. (that sounds weird enough, gah yeah.)no school and the what not too.. That would be horribe to walk down a hallway and be crunched on a boob. ouch. I was thinking of the hoops anyhows. the bar just sounds painful, like.. idk. snagful.

I did get wacked in my labret as soon as i got to the car right after i got it done though. I hated that. The tongue wasnt bad at all though. The clamp sucked, but that was it. I had to help hold the clamp for the guy while he pierced my tongue. it was pretty fun actually.

how much do they cost by the way? That completely slipped my mind.. I know the shop i'm going to go does have a discount thing, but i'm not sure how much still. any idea?

All of you are so helpful!!
Old 04-29-2008, 05:29 AM   #13
ThreeEyesOni

Heh... I just remembered that this the same guy to be the only one I know in real life to...

Well, how do I put it? He had a piercing.... threre. That's as graphic as I'm getting on that. Anywho, he's the only person I actually know of that had to removie it because at one time it got... stuck. o_O
Old 04-30-2008, 11:12 PM   #14
DefinedRapture

o.o.. stuck? hm wow. That must of been interesting.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #15
ThreeEyesOni

I... didn't ask for details. I just know it was bad enough that he took it out immediately and never thought of putting it back in again.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #16
Kristin

Rather than start a new thread on the piercing topic, I'm just going to post my question here. I don't have any piercings other than my ears. *collective gasp* Lately I've been wanting to get a tiny nose stud. I think labret piercings and ear bars are hot, but I'd be pushing it with the nose stud. I'm getting older, have a bunch of kids, and a husband who thinks I'm having a midlife crisis. LOL Plus my mom is in a sensitive and delicate state right now, and she'd probably freak out just seeing a nose stud. And I'm probably the biggest wimp on this board, which is why I haven't had any other piercings done before now.

Just how painful is it to get a nose piercing? I work with someone who told me it was like getting all her nose hairs ripped out at once. That doesn't sound like fun. But every time I see one, I WANT it!
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:05 PM   #17
chelseagirl

I've had my nipples pierced twice. It was quite painful, but it was worth it. I had to take them out about 8 months after I got them done the first time because I had surgery on my kidneys and they made me take all of my piercings out...and I couldn't get them back in afterwards. I was quite pissed...and ended up getting them re-pierced.

The first time I had them pierced, I got CBR rings. That was a BIG MISTAKE. When you get yours done, GET BARBELLS.

Nipples piercings are quite painful for a while, and if you get them pierced with rings the rings will move about more and cause more pain...especially during the first couple of months of healing. Crusty stuff will naturally accumulate on the jewelry as the piercings are healing, and if you have rings in, the rings can spin and when the part of the rings with the crusties spin inside the piercing, it HURTS badly. The barbells are MUCH better.

For the first month or so, I would recommend keeping a bandaid on each nipple, to reduce friction and rubbing on your bra/clothing, and from moving around when you toss and turn at night.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #18
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin
Rather than start a new thread on the piercing topic, I'm just going to post my question here. I don't have any piercings other than my ears. *collective gasp* Lately I've been wanting to get a tiny nose stud. I think labret piercings and ear bars are hot, but I'd be pushing it with the nose stud. I'm getting older, have a bunch of kids, and a husband who thinks I'm having a midlife crisis. LOL Plus my mom is in a sensitive and delicate state right now, and she'd probably freak out just seeing a nose stud. And I'm probably the biggest wimp on this board, which is why I haven't had any other piercings done before now.

Just how painful is it to get a nose piercing? I work with someone who told me it was like getting all her nose hairs ripped out at once. That doesn't sound like fun. But every time I see one, I WANT it!
I think a regular stud would be fine but I hear that the septum hurts like a motherfucker.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:56 PM   #19
Kristin

Yeah, the septum brings tears to my eyes just to pinch it. Gah
Old 05-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #20
ThreeEyesOni

Septum is supposedly in the top five most painful piercings, period. I've heard it named as the most painful, but I have to say that I'd assume several below-the-belt ones can be worse.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:58 PM   #21
Kristin

Luckily for me I won't ever have to worry about any of the top five! Geez, I'm a wimp.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:27 PM   #22
DefinedRapture

i couldnt ever have anything on my nose. I always get hit in it almost daily, i'm suprised it isnt broken yet.
But i've known kids who would go in the bathroom at school and pop a hole in their nose, and then go to their next class.. It couldnt be too bad? (I doubt they cleaned it. pah..)
septum though.. mer.. I heard that was a horrible feeling.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:12 AM   #23
Kristin

Gah, that's nuts. I don't have the courage. I heard today from a friend, "If I'd known how much my nose piercing would have hurt before I got it done, I never would have done it."

That decided it for me. I'm too old anyway. I'll just be the piercing-free old goth mom. Heh.