Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
Dylly

Turbans

Hey, i had this arguement at work where i was alone against the entire crew. Appartently the guys at work believe that Muslems shouldn't be allowed to wear there "apparell" in public.
The primary point the boys brought up was:
-Whats to stop them commiting a crime and noone would be able to tell who did it... especially in a bank where motor bike helmets must be removed.

Besides the hatred and racism they had towards the Muslems this is the only real point they could come up with

Now i thought id ask this question here because we are geerally in the minority... therefore we understand what its like to be on the recieving end of societies narrow minded hatred.

So what do you guys think... Should Muslems be forced to take off there apparell when entering a bank etc? or should provisions be made for them?

I personally believe they should have provisions made for them... provisions have been made for other minoirty groups such as disablied people... i also believe people shouldnt hate an entire group because 0.0001% are terriosts... more people are killed in robberies then by terriosts...

anyways im interested in hearing what u guys think

Thanks
Dylly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
honeythorn

What the fuck are you on about? It's Sikhs who wear Turbans and they don't cover the face, only the hair. There's no reason they wouldn need to remove it and even if they were made to do so it would be impractical due to a turban being several metres long. It would take fucking ages to take it off and put it back on again.

Quote:
Now i thought id ask this question here because we are geerally in the minority
No, we're really not.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:01 AM   #3
Dylly

your miss understanding me i think... i didn't mean turbans i ment the Things the muslems wear that cover there face... and "no we're not" ur telling me goths are not a minority now? where u live cause i wanna come there
Dylly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:31 AM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylly View Post
your miss understanding me i think... i didn't mean turbans i ment the Things the muslems wear that cover there face... and "no we're not" ur telling me goths are not a minority now? where u live cause i wanna come there
Well your posts would be more effective if you made sure you got the simple things straight, complex things have simple foundations.

Also work on your spelling and grammar, they are very much appreciated skills here on gnet.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #5
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylly View Post
You mean the Burka ( seems to have a few names ), and this is worn by women, and a great deal of Muslim women don't wear it, only the headscarf which leaves the face exposed.

There have been a few cases of men wearing a burka to commit a crime. In those cases, I can see your point in that by covering all but the eyes, and in some cases even those are covered by mesh, it would indeed be possible for anyone, man or woman to commit crimes and remain unidentified. But such incidents are not at all commonplace to my knowledge.

And I am indeed telling you that goths are not a minority, it's an umbrella term that covers quite a wide range of related music and there are millions who listen to it, even if plenty of them don't go to the extremes of the assosciated style of clothing.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #6
Sinjob

Oh my god.

WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THIS IN FASHION??????????

Quote:
You're retarded. I imaged the voice of Sloth from the Goonies reading your post aloud in my mind.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #7
Ben Lahnger

I don't mean to rant about this thread in general, but there are a lot of really narrowly specific threads being created lately that probably can be justified but because of their specificity and quantity are bumping mainstream popular threads off the front page. I'm going to go look for the "What Did You Learn Today" thread now and bump it so it gets back on the front page.

But I have to ask ... why isn't this topic being discussed in the Fashion section?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
Hearts_Purple

The problem I have with the burkas is that they are sexist. I do think people should be allowed to ban them in public places. You aren't allowed to wear ski or hallowe'en masks in stores so why should burkas be different?
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
Saya

Thing is, it can be worn willingly as a sign of devotion, and for some the only way they're allowed to leave the house is by wearing it. Banning it doesn't help shit.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
Hearts_Purple

I've never seen a Muslim woman in America wear it out of devotion. The purpose of the covering is to strip the women of their dignity and humanity by treating them like possesions of their husband.
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #11
Saya

The only girl I know who wears one isn't even married, she lives alone away from family and goes to my university, from what I can tell she just really doesn't want to show anything. Actually, she wears a niqab but I think they fall under burka bans.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #12
Cosmicgaunt

Ignorant OP is ignorant.
Dark petalled sensitive plants scuttle over carpets.
Black statuettes animate square heads firestokers.
Skewer me in flame.
~Nightgaunts
Cosmicgaunt is offline   Reply With Quote