Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
Solumina

Farscape

I'm really not sure how I had never heard of Farscape before but we are watching it on Netflix and I have to say I'm really loving it.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
Versus

Yar. I loved what little I saw of it. Sci-fi makes really great original tv shows.

Also, I would get arrested for the things I would do to a particular woman in that show.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Yar. I loved what little I saw of it. Sci-fi makes really great original tv shows.

Also, I would get arrested for the things I would do to a particular woman in that show.
Which? I liked several women on the show. Like for example there was Peacekeeper Barbie, such a short but memorable role on the show.

Sikozu, this was her appearance that I favored but the other one was quite nice as well.

Zotoh, unfortunately the large amount of makeup they had to use caused a significant amount of damage to the actress's kidneys.

Chiana and Sun had their moments too but I simply didn't like them as much as the ones shown above.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:17 AM   #4
Versus

Chiana. Spooky black text.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:27 AM   #5
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post

She's my favourite. I loved her in the series. When I grow up I want to be just like her (except for the kidney problems).

The lead guy reminds me too much of a friend of Mr Bat's to be interesting.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:28 AM   #6
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by samneil View Post
Farscape is an Australian-American science fiction television series. I watch its all episodes. They are too good.

Watch Dog The Bounty Hunter Online
That's because Australia rules! Boo-yeah!

Old 05-11-2011, 05:55 AM   #7
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
That's because Australia rules! Boo-yeah!
That was a post by a spambot.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
That was a post by a spambot.
Awww.. I always get suckered in.... wah!

Old 07-31-2011, 04:09 AM   #9
Solumina

So Jake and I just finished the series finale and you know what? Fuck Farscape.

The season finale ends with a big fucking cliffhanger and a god damn "to be continued". That is just all sorts of not okay, especially since the movie that it continues into isn't available to stream on Netflicks.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 07-31-2011, 07:59 AM   #10
Ben Lahnger

You know that the show's producers didn't plan on it ending that way. And they were fortunate to get an opportunity to make a follow-up in any medium.

Quote:
Between 1999 and 2003, the modern sci-fi television series “Farscape” was aired on the Sci-Fi Channel in the U.S. Filmed in Australia primarily by Jim Henson Productions with assistance from several Australian production companies and some funding from the Sci-Fi Channel, the series developed a strong following and was under contract for a total of five seasons. However, various funding & political issues forced the premature cancellation of the reveal following the fourth season (a total of 88 episodes), worthy to the alarm of precise fans who (for the most portion, including myself) were greatly disappointed by the inconclusive events left in the final minutes of the final fourth-season episode.

However, under the leadership of Jim Henson’s (1936-1990) son, Brian Henson (Jim Henson Productions’ president & CEO), Jim Henson Productions was able to pick up fat control over “Farscape”, allowing it to create a four-hour mini-series in 2004 to provide a better closure for the existing four seasons than the final events of the final fourth-season episode. Entitled “Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars”, the four-hour mini-series was ostensibly equivalent to what the planned fifth season would have been, albeit decidedly shorter, but in no way less amazing or entertaining than the previous 88 episodes. On the contrary, thanks to Brian Henson’s efforts (which included directing the mini-series himself), “Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars” was a extraordinary, spellbinding and great conclusion for one of the best sci-fi television series that has ever been produced.

Seamlessly beginning where the final fourth-season episode ended, all of the cast members from the final fourth season returned in “Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars”.
But yeah, the fact that the mini-series they made to wrap things up is not available on NetFlix along with the series does suck. What's up with lame NetFlix?

Solumina, does it help any that I found a link where you can buy Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars on DVD for $6.49 plus $2.95 shipping? Or that it's available from Walmart for $8.96?

Probably not. I'm sorry you were disappointed.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #11
Raptor

I completely forgot about Farscape until now. I've been meaning to buy Peacekeeper Wars, has anyone seen it?

Anyway I agree with you guys, I loved Farscape. The Crackers Don't Matter episode was one of my favourites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Chiana.
Totally.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 04:43 PM   #12
Solumina

It isn't just the fact that it ends with a cliffhanger, it is the fact that everything came to a conclusion and they could have easily edited it to be all of 15 seconds shorter and you would have had a good conclusion, I get that they had to cut things off a season sooner than planned but there was no reason to keep that last bit in.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #13
Mariner

Love this show!! I remember watching this when I was a kid, and just started watching it again.
Is the curse in a dead man's eye !
Seven days, seven nights, I saw that curse,
And yet I could not die."

-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote