Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-04-2006, 01:45 AM   #1
AbelTheLiar

Does anyone here play paintball?

I'm not sure where this goes, so I'll try putting it here.

The point is I've gotten really into paintball, and was curious if anyone else plays. Particularly in Colorado. But, anywhere will do. I'm just curious if anyone does this kind of thing.
AbelTheLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:27 AM   #2
DarkIce

Intrinsically - IF you are looking for the real game, that is substituting paint for metal bullets, you might want to take the next flight to Corsica! They use their road signs to practise :-)

Take a look here!
Old 04-05-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
CptSternn

I hear every St. Paddy's a crack team of well trained commandos hit the Churchill statue in DC with green painballs in a well planned drive by. Even with the high security and location right next the to naval conservatory, they have yet to stop this tradition.

Oh, and I play paintball.

In fact, here in Limerick we have better paintball places than in the states.

http://www.combatzone.ie/

These guys have it right. They have the same pro gear that the SAS use to train with (i.e. the guns that resemble real M4's with the canister in the gun itself), proper paint grenades (not just balloons as I have seen), every piece of gear you could ever want, and acres setup in real military situtations. The Irish army practices here as does the police hostile situtations team.

On weekends, you can go there, sign up, and get on a team. Doesn't matter if yer raiding an office building to free hostages, or on the other side trying to keep the infidels from breeching yer building, or wading through hip dip mud avoiding incoming mortar fire, land mines, and booby traps - it's all good.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:55 PM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

Only played once. My friends told me I'm an excellent sharpshooter
It's cool because you waste very few paintballs

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 04:38 AM   #5
AbelTheLiar

CptSternn: Cool site. Too bad it's in Ireland. I'm the U.S.
AbelTheLiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 07:17 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

Uhm... about that place:
DAAAAAMMMN!!!
I want it I want it I want it!!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:59 AM   #7
CptSternn

They have booby traps (like claymores full of paint hooked to tripwires), quicksand (not deep enough to drown in, but chest deep to hold you if you walk into it so you are an easy target), incoming paint mortars raining down, and more.

Open all year, so if you want to go out in the cold and rain, there are always some lads there. You get the in the morning, pay a few quid, and they make up teams for each area. Then you play out the senario you are in. Either raid an ammo dump, rescue hostages, raid an air strip, and more. It's like Busch Gardens of paint ball the size of the place. All those sites are re-created just like the real thing, and as mentioned, the Irish military trains there.

For 200 euro you can get a few hundred rounds, all yer gear, and kit out. If ye have yer own gear, it only costs like 20 quid for the whole day. Once a team wins, you switch sides and try to defend or attack the same senario you were in. After the bell sounds in a few hours you switch up senarios and try different ones.

Great craic, and if ye go up with a group of 4-8 of yer own people they let you be yer own team and play together. The lad who owned the security company I used to work for took us up a few times a year, we split up in teams of 4-8 and tried all the senarios - he rented the whole place all day and we just blasted each other for hours.

I still have a group of 3 lads, all former military from around the globe, that I go up with on some weekends. I like it best when its dark and rainy. Makes it more realistic and fun. Chest deep in mud crawling through the underbrush trying to creep up on enemy command tents.

Of if yer feeling lazy and don't want to get all dirty (as you will come back covered in mud and what not), just do the terrorist hostage senario and stay inside the office areas waiting for the bastards to bust through the door or windows. Gotta watch for the incoming lads who bring repelling gear in come in through the top floor windows though. They will get you if yer not on the ball.

CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote