Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
tears

final exam is sick

H! guys ..
i hop u all feel good .. will guess what I'm not
final exam just begun from three days and i cant take three more minute from studying its really awful
SO is there any one who is suffering like me ??
tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:18 AM   #2
Anarasha

I would hardly call exams suffering. Those moments of suffering are nothing compared to the years and years of suffering without an education
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
carakitty

I whole-heartedly agree with Anarasha.

Yes, the studying is agonizing at times but once that knowledge is gained and put to good use it's worth all the effort.

I took my final exam for the quarter today. This quarter started off great but started crashing toward the end. I knew having a math and science course at the same time was going to be a challenge and the math class needs to be retaken in the coming quarter. But I have tried my hardest and taken note of the mistakes I need to learn from in regards to studying.

Tears, what level of classes are you in and what is your subject matter?
Old 06-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
tears

** carakitty ** the day that i posted the thread i had i chemistry test and this is the worst subject that i take .. math and science needs alot of hard work i wish you the best of luck .. actually i'm in high school this is my second year , next year i will be senior
Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
Pineapple_Juice

I avoid all this by just not studying.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
carakitty

Tears,
Ah, high school. I miss those days. Yes, even the days where I was getting my heart abused and felt like nobody understood me and that I was never going to pass my classes and be able to get the fuck out of there and go off to live my life.
Which finals do you have left?
When studying I find that if I take a 15 minute break every hour regardless of if I feel I 'need' it or not the studying goes much better.
Do you know what your learning style is? Knowing how to study effectively makes a world of difference!
I hope the end of the year is treating you well!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #7
Angelic Dissonance

I have never studied. I slept in Latin 1, apparently more than I thought, and I was dissapointed if I got less than 108% on a test. I breezed all my finals. That's because I don't waste time with studying--I try to learn the material right away, if I can. In seventh grade, I messed up my life by telling them to drop me from Algebra. I F**ked up, I was ornery, i hate myself periodically for it. I can pretty much never be where I'm supposed to be in math now. That being said... all of my finals were easy as hell. It was the awfull sensation of drowning I got under the deluge of homework and end-of-the-year projects they dumped on us that was killing me. I feel better now, though... God, I NEVER though Summer could be so good. I've never thought too much of it.
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:30 AM   #8
Anarasha

Chemistry huh?
When I took that exam, Chemistry and Physics were a joint class. I got an A.
(Second highest grade possible, right? We use numbers in Denmark.)
I was THIS close to getting the max grade possible.
As for my exam situation at the time, I have just spend 1½ days preparing my Webdesign assignment and 1½ days being bored. 3 days is way too much to write such a small website.
I am defending tomorrow, and then I will get my grade.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:20 AM   #9
Angelic Dissonance

ASSUMES TROLL STANCE:

WHY DONY\=T YOU GOTHS GET A R33L JOBV--LIYKS A PLUMBR OR SMTNG?!?!?!!11!!!

nO REALL----

No, Really, I'm just kidding. I've been sick, and now I'm staying up past Witching Hour every night. Naww, Internet Graphics & Publishing was my favorite class. My teacher always said to any child with a question regarding graphics and digital art, "Ask Isaiah, he's good at that sort of thing." I felt so accomplished--not having actually done anything.....
Old 06-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #10
Anarasha

It's the same here really. Ours is more of building a website though. HTML and CSS.
So whenever the other students had a problem, they asked the teacher. If he didn't know the answer, he asked me
I wanna work with graphic design though.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:59 AM   #11
Angelic Dissonance

Graphic Design is pretty cool.... I had to make this sweet childrens' book in Graphic Arts, about a poor lonely but happy kitten who finds befriends the kitten he rescues from Boss Dog and his gang. And, at the end, they all learn a powerful lesson about Near-Death Encounters, and why it's so dangerous to be a cat. Then I screen-printed a t-shirt, after playing around with photoshop.

Maybe these will work: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=47297470

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=47297487

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=47297505

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=47297519
Old 06-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #12
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Pokemon?
I always had the most trouble with English and such exams. I often took care of Science and Math by re-writing my class notes and redoing problems. It usually took the length of the first unit for me to get into the swing of the class, and letting the material of that first unit sit for 4-5 months between the time we covered it to the time of the exam was a magical thing. I got pretty good marks on my science and math exams, especially in late high school.
It also helps that I do rather enjoy science and math.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #13
Angelic Dissonance

I love your signature, LaBelle.... I've been craving tea, too...
"Quick--Paint his nose, paint his nose!!!"
Old 06-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #14
tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
Tears,
Ah, high school. I miss those days. Yes, even the days where I was getting my heart abused and felt like nobody understood me and that I was never going to pass my classes and be able to get the fuck out of there and go off to live my life.
Which finals do you have left?
When studying I find that if I take a 15 minute break every hour regardless of if I feel I 'need' it or not the studying goes much better.
Do you know what your learning style is? Knowing how to study effectively makes a world of difference!
I hope the end of the year is treating you well!
thank god i'm still ALIVE !! LOOL
i used to take 10 minute break but i've changed that know ^^ (THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH its really waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better )
mmmmm .... what do u mean by learning style ?? if u know some great style i would be thankful ْ=D .. i have sociology , biology and mathematics .. then i will be happy 'til the next year XD
Old 06-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #15
carakitty

Learning style- meaning if you retain info better by reading, hearing, or drawing it basically. There are certain methods which are more effective based on how you learn. I am an auditory learner so I will often record my lectures as I take the notes in class then listen to my lectures a couple times before the tests. If i can see a picture for what I"m learning that usually helps too.

IF you have a guidance councilor at your school maybe they could hook you up with a Learning Style Inventory. There's one inside this book (click me!) that we used in one of my recent classes and the whole book was great to go through.

As for tips on your specific subjects...
Sociology, I'm not sure. Small group study/ discussion sessions? Been forever since I've done that stuff.

Biology- I'd get my hands on pictures. Totally participate in the labs. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I think Bio can be a really fun class with not too much effort needed to make it fun.

Mathematics- eek. Not my best at all. Thankfully once I get the formulae down I can usually get the equations correct but I really need to work on my speed of solving. So next quarter when I retake my class I'm going to time myself and see how fast I can get the homework assignments done. Hopefully there will be a tutor willing to make me mini-quizzes and time me on them outside of class.

Now, that is just speaking for what my personal plan of attack would be. I don't know what makes you tick in school so try to find one of those learning style evaluations and answer it honestly. Don't think too hard about your answer. The results can be super enlightening and potentially extremely helpful.

Congrats on making it through and good luck with your future classes. Enjoy your break!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #16
Anarasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tears View Post
still ALIVE !!

I'm doing science and I'm still alive.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #17
tears

the best style is reading .. it really work for me
for Sociology i tried group studying it was really fun and we finished studying so fast ..
Biology it wasn't so bad i depend on drowing and charts
Mathematics .. what the ... !!!! WORST DAY OF STUDYING EVER .. the shoking new is that the test was EASY .. i did it will
and know im waiting for the results .. i think it will be this week
ANY WAY carakitty thank YOU SO much you really helped me .. I OWE U MAN ^^
Old 06-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #18
Anarasha

I feel FANTASTIC and I'm still alive.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #19
carakitty

tears,
you're welcome.
btw, i'm female, but no worries =)