Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 03-05-2006, 04:15 PM   #101
Reject_Bunnies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
I deem our meat... "Flutton". Our veal is harvested from those in the cubicles....
Then you're having roast Dilbert (With a side of infants).
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #102
ExistentialDisorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
Goddamn... that looks delicious. Runs to fetch teh Worcestershire sauce...
are you talking about the frog or Edible's new thumb?

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #103
ExistentialDisorder

aligator is good... it's kind of like white meat chicken with a hint of flounder... i enjoy it quite nicely.

Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?
Old 03-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #104
peeves

I don't eat meat. Not so much because I find eating it immoral or anything like that, but because I see little difference in squirrel squished by a car and a piece of steak. They're both dead and icky to me, I have the same problem when I wear leather or fur. I have no problem with other people eating meat, and I understand why they do. I wish animals were treated better while on farms, but neither I nor the people eating meat have much control over that. People can't be expected to stop eating meat because the place the meat comes from treats the animals poorly before they become meat. I find PETA's stupidity funny more than anything else. Not to say they themselves are stupid, they just don't ever seem to think everything through and try to stress their point a bit too much. Although it would be nice if they could find a way to convert people that didn't involve trying to traumatize them.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #105
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistentialDisorder
are you talking about the frog or Edible's new thumb?

what are you talking about? i still have just 2 thumbs... same as always.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #106
edible_eye

that's funny... i have a food use for the area my thumbs might end up with you....
Old 03-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #107
ExistentialDisorder

thumb means the little picture by your name, cause it's the size of your thumb. but you knew that, right?

did you know that meat eaters have more offensive body odor than vegetarians? same with bad breath.

Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?
Old 03-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #108
Empty_Purple_Stars

Depends on which is End is Up..

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:49 AM   #109
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExistentialDisorder
thumb means the little picture by your name, cause it's the size of your thumb. but you knew that, right?

did you know that meat eaters have more offensive body odor than vegetarians? same with bad breath.
We call those avatars, silly.

I've never smelled or eaten a vegetarian, I wouldn't know. I know that everyone tastes better fresh from the shower.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:40 AM   #110
CptSternn

The body odor/breath thing isn't just for meat eaters. For example, I know many Indians, mates of mine, who are vegan, and only eat vegetarian curry dishes, and dear lord, they smell. Curry, although brilliant, will make you smell as it sweats out yer pours and taking in garlic, onion, and various other spices at every meal will do a number on yer breath as well, much worse than a McWhopper ever would.

I mean, when me flat mates hit the chipper after kicking out time and come back with curry chips and an extra side of curry for the chicken burgers, I can tell the next day, as like beer, when they wake up their room smells like stale beer and rotten curry. Nasty stuff sure! Too bad it so damn tastey...
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:53 AM   #111
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
We call those avatars, silly.

I've never smelled or eaten a vegetarian, I wouldn't know. I know that everyone tastes better fresh from the shower.
Care to smell mine?

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:49 AM   #112
Cruel Intentions

I can't eat enough meat to be honest. I am proud to be a carnivore. Sure, I like my fruit and veg but nothing quite brings that feeling of satisfaction when your teeth tear into a thick beef steak. I've had no complaints about the smell yet.
Cruel Intentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:42 AM   #113
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel Intentions
I can't eat enough meat to be honest. I am proud to be a carnivore. Sure, I like my fruit and veg but nothing quite brings that feeling of satisfaction when your teeth tear into a thick beef steak. I've had no complaints about the smell yet.
If you like your fruits and veggies, you ain't a carnivore.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #114
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
Care to smell mine?
You own a vegetarian?
Old 03-20-2006, 04:07 AM   #115
Cruel Intentions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
If you like your fruits and veggies, you ain't a carnivore.
Technically you're right.

I prefer meat to fruit and veg though.
Cruel Intentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:33 AM   #116
Saya

The other day I found a brand of tofu chicken that actually tastes like chicken! My long quest is at an end.
I now officially will never ever go back to eating meat ^_^
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:03 PM   #117
CptSternn

There is a brilliant Chineese resturant whos name eludes me in Charlotteville VA they we used to hit sometimes before The Dawning (local g/i club night) that was an all vegetarian place, but the menu looked exactly like a normal Chineese menu. The Kung-Pow chicken and General Tso chicken were my favs, and you couldn't tell it was all vegetarian substitutes, except for when you got the bill (it was quite dear in comparison to normal Chineese food).

Boca makes a good burger, much better than chef max. I don't personally choose them, but I used to go with mates to a local cafe before shows in RVA that was all vegan and had a wide variety of stuff on their menu. Also used to go to Vortex in Atlanta for the vegan menu there (and of course the cool building and shopping at junkmans daughter and in little five points) before spinning at 644.

Some of those substitutes are just as good as the real thing, but in most every case, they cost almost twice what you pay for the normal stuff.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:37 PM   #118
WolfMoon

It's expensive to eat quality food.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:47 PM   #119
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
It's expensive to eat quality food.
True, however, if you've gone organic/healthy/whatever, and you actually pay attention to your body (as in, stop confusing the thirst and hunger impulses, among other things) then you'll find yourself eating FAR less.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:26 AM   #120
TheKorovaMilkbar

Um, well, I know you've all kinda dropped the subject, but I just feel like throwing in my $.02.

I'm an animal lover, and PETA, is utter bullshit. Those people are insane. They don't believe in people owning pets, so they free these animals that have been domesticated for centuries to die out in the wilderness in some horrible way or another. Watch the Penn & Teller episode on them. WHAT THE HELL DO THEY NEED A WALK IN FREEZER FOR?! Honestly, killing people for their so-called cause.

People are animals, too. So, should we not be kind to them?