Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
Gr3enBl4ck

Yawp.

Well hello there! My name is Jason.

I enjoy literal humor. I also enjoy fajitas. I have a job. I woke up today, which is a plus. I don't expect to do so tomorrow, but if I do - whole day's a bonus! I live under the basic philosophy of not actively being a dick to anyone else, and trying to make up for it if I am accidentally dickish. I am UNOFFENDABLE!

Logical paragraph break. I live in the 8th coldest city in the United States. I made a conscious decision to move here from the 12th hottest city in the United States. I am currently employed in the greatest retail position known to humanity - CONVENIENCE STORE CLERK!!!

I am kind of an anti-hoarder - not only do I not collect junk, I tend to throw out sentimental items as well, such as keepsakes, photographs, mementos, and the like. I enjoy Doctor Who, Torchwood, Supernatural, Being Human (both US & UK), Shameless, Psych, Adventure Time, and Batman: the Animated Series. Some movies I like include Resident Evil (the first one), Elf, Formula 51 aka the 51st State, Hotel Transylvania, Suck, the Insatiable, Nothing But Trouble, Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, and the Awakening.

My musical tastes are pretty eclectic. Glancing through my lyrical library you'll find Alice Cooper, Pepper, the Agonist, Sisters of Mercy, Zombie Girl, Gaelic Storm, Dropkick Murphys, George Clinton (and the Parliament Funkadelic!), in Flames, Chiasm, Funker Vogt, Satchmo, Notorious B.I.G., Emilie Autumn, the list goes on. I always keep coming back to Type O Negative, Inkubus Sukkubus, and Cradle of Filth, however.

I like to read a lot. I enjoy mostly contemporary supernatural horror/fantasy book series, but not ones with too much sex/romance. Rachel Morgan trumps Anita Blake any day of the week. I also got a soft spot for Harry Dresden, Toby Daye, and Harper Blaine, and have recently met Raylene Pendle and Val Shapiro.

I'm a pretty decent cook. I have a van, but I like to walk everywhere. My home is perennially decorated for Halloween (because I can, dammit!). I consume way too many Monster energy drinks, but I recently switched from green to ab zero. I enjoy the act of smoking, but I am thinking of switching to vaping instead - with winters here, this whole going-outside-to-smoke thing is for the birds. I'm not a raging alcoholic - a six-pack of anything in my fridge has been known to last 1 to 2 weeks, but I am somewhat of a beer snob. I can't stand anything Bud or Coors or cheaper (except PBR - PBR rocks!), and I'd say my most favorite domestic-can-find-at-any-store beer is Michelob Amber Boch. I also enjoy a bottle of Chateau Jiahu when I can find it - unfortunately I moved to a place where there are NO Dogfish Head distributors within 50 miles. Damn.

Anyhoo, I used to lurkaround here a while back, but forgot my username, password, and no longer have any of the email addresses I would have used back then, so I figgerd I'd just start fresh. Have a nice day!
Gr3enBl4ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
Versus

Oh hi. I hate the cold but do you.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #3
BourbonBoy

Hello and welcome.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
Gr3enBl4ck

I'd rather be cold than hot. You can always add more layers, but there's only so much you can take off before it starts getting painful.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
dylanmad

Hi! Pleased to meet you.
dylanmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
Versus

I feel the opposite. At some point, adding layers doesn't do anything, and working in the cold actually is painful. 130 doesn't actually hurt, it just sucks your energy from you. All you gotta do is drink water and suck it up.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
Murder.Of.Crows

I'm with Versus, I'd take the heat over the cold any day. I'm okay lying about sweating, I'm not okay with lightly stubbing my toe in the snow and becoming temporarily crippled from it.

Stupid ice covered rock.... you won't get me next time.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #8
Gr3enBl4ck

Werd. Luckily, when it snows here, it SNOWS here - the elevation increases by a couple of inches of ice, which makes everything beautiful and level (well, as level as you can get in the Mid-West - no mountains, but a hella lotta hills.) Pulling into my driveway today was brought to you in part by inertia. Inertia - the tendency for a big friggin' van to continue those last few feet up the slope of the concrete despite friction (or lack thereof) & gravity both conspiring against it.

Still, I'm a fat guy, so I likes my colds.