Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 02-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #51
Alan

Are you sure you're being called a racist just because you're white and not because you said something racist?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #52
Skippy

Point out what I said that is racist.

Not what someone else twisted into something racist.
Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #53
Versus

Alan means in general. He's assuming you're referring to instances of your discrimination that have happened outside of this forum. Unless you be more specific about that, he can't answer that question.

You were talking about your discrimination outside of this forum, weren't you?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #54
Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Alan means in general. He's assuming you're referring to instances of your discrimination that have happened outside of this forum. Unless you be more specific about that, he can't answer that question.

You were talking about your discrimination outside of this forum, weren't you?
Yes and was shouted down because of it, I was also physically attacked because of my skin color, I fought back and afterword was blamed for the attack because of my skin color and ethnic background.

Because as everyone knows white folks are always the bad guys.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #55
Alan

Tell us about the attack.
real classy
Old 02-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #56
Versus

Shouted down because of your discrimination? I don't understand.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:30 PM   #57
Alan

I don't know but I would think he thinks that if his opinion isn't taken seriously it's the same as thuggish silencing of dissent.
real classy
Old 02-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #58
Skippy

I was visiting family that lived in a predominately black neighborhood in Columbus OH, I was walking home with a bag of groceries my attackers were walking down the same sidewalk, I tried to move out of their way and when I passed by I was clocked in the jaw.

I was barely able to recover enough to block the next couple and throw a few punches of my own, it didn't last too long after that and I was able to get to my cousins house.

I reported it but nothing happened.

The instances of being shouted down are too many to count, because I'm white I don't count when it comes to talking about issues of race, except as a perpetrator of racism.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #59
Alan

If I went to an AA meeting and started talking about how I love drinking and I have no problem, that it's just a matter of knowing one's limits, do you really think I'm in the right to say such ignorance or that I know what the fuck I'm talking about?
real classy
Old 02-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #60
Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
If I went to an AA meeting and started talking about how I love drinking and I have no problem, that it's just a matter of knowing one's limits, do you really think I'm in the right to say such ignorance or that I know what the fuck I'm talking about?
Well I'm not the one equating racism to alcoholism.

And you are in denial of my discrimination because I'm White.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:39 AM   #61
Versus

Skippy, do you understand the difference between discrimination and racism?

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:23 AM   #62
Saya

No, it all fits in the same cycle of violence. Slavery, segregation, lynching, institutional prison...Skippy.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:29 AM   #63
Versus

I'm sure that he was hiding that he was white from fear of persecution, not to make the allies uncomfortable and score argument points by letting people think he's a victim.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #64
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Well I'm not the one equating racism to alcoholism.
And you are in denial of my discrimination because I'm White.
Why are you bringing race into it, you racist?
You were attacked by some assholes because they're assholes. I never heard you saying they called you a pussy-ass cracker that deserves to die because you're white, so really, you were just a victim of assault but decided that it was because of the color of your skin instead of because shit happens.

And the first part, that you're not equating racism to alcoholism... that's kind of the point, isn't it?
YOU don't see racism as being a big deal, thus YOU demand that people take you seriously when YOU proclaim that it's not a big deal. How entitled of you.
real classy
Old 02-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #65
Versus

Well obviously it was racially motivated because black people were involved. Black people always bring up race. I actually stew in front of the computer refreshing gnet all day so I can find something racial that an innocent white person said to complain about.

And there's nothing they can do about it because who is going to believe them when they say that a black man is racist.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #66
Skippy

The very fact that I'm not believed because of my skin color is proof of a double standard on the issue.

Yes I was attacked because I'm white.

And yes you are racists, I didn't say one damn word to deny your individual experiences. Yet you continue to do that to me because I'm white.

If I had said anything remotely similar to you there would be a large number of people arguing against it and rightly so.

But none have done the same for me because I'm white, and therefore I have to be "mistaken" about being discriminated against.

Fuck each and everyone of you pieces of shit!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:02 PM   #67
Solumina

I used to kind of think along those same lines back when I was in high school so maybe I can get this across to you. What I didn't understand then but do now is that racism is not about individual interactions it is systematic, it is cultural, it is everywhere. It isn't something that can be understood through anecdotes, you have to look at the big picture.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #68
Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
I used to kind of think along those same lines back when I was in high school so maybe I can get this across to you. What I didn't understand then but do now is that racism is not about individual interactions it is systematic, it is cultural, it is everywhere. It isn't something that can be understood through anecdotes, you have to look at the big picture.
So, you don't think that the ready acceptance of racism against whites is a problem?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #69
Alan

It's not that we don't believe you because you're white. We don't believe you because you said nothing about it being a racial attack. If you tell us your story, tell us how it was racist. That is not much to ask. What is a lot to ask is that we take your word for it that if you ever suffer some tragedy, it had to be racially caused by definition.
real classy
Old 02-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #70
Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
It's not that we don't believe you because you're white. We don't believe you because you said nothing about it being a racial attack. If you tell us your story, tell us how it was racist. That is not much to ask. What is a lot to ask is that we take your word for it that if you ever suffer some tragedy, it had to be racially caused by definition.
But if the situation were different and I had been a person of a different skin color and my attackers were all white?

What it be called?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:24 PM   #71
Solumina

Quote:
So, you don't think that the ready acceptance of racism against whites is a problem?
Except that racism against white people isn't an actual thing and in fact white people have massive advantages over people of color.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #72
Solumina

Quote:
But if the situation were different and I had been a person of a different skin color and my attackers were all white?

What it be called?
They could be white males with a history of violence against poc and witnesses saying that they used racial slurs and still the press and police would refuse to designate the attack as a hate crime 99.999999999% of the time.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #73
Skippy

Quote:
Except that racism against white people isn't an actual thing and in fact white people have massive advantages over people of color.

Oh really?

What advantage does a poor white boy from West Virginia have exactly?
Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 PM   #74
Skippy

Quote:
They could be white males with a history of violence against poc and witnesses saying that they used racial slurs and still the press and police would refuse to designate the attack as a hate crime 99.999999999% of the time.
No they would be called racists for their attack on a person of color, and it would be correctly labeled a hate crime.

But if you're white and attacked by a group of persons with a different skin color, everyone tip toes around the fact that such was a hate crime.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:57 AM   #75
Solumina

Quote:
Oh really?

What advantage does a poor white boy from West Virginia have exactly?
We aren't going to get into the oppression olympics and talk about which disadvantaged group has it the worst but a poor white boy has the two biggest privileges in the world, white privilege and male privilege. Everyone has privileges, it doesn't make you a bad person, you just need to be aware of it and the thing about privilege is that to the privileged it is invisible, I'm not going to get into everything right now we're talking about racism so we shall stick with that.

Most people are familiar with the whole male/female wage gap but this chart here brakes it down by race as well.

White men who have gone to prison actually have about the same chance of getting a job offer than black men with clean records (article)

White guys like yourself are abundantly represented everywhere and representation fucking matters, which is why watching tv raises the self-esteem of white boys but lowers the self-esteem of everybody else, because nobody else has that kind of representation in media.

Just look here at a clear, visible difference in how people react to the same action being taken by different people. "What Would You Do?" actually has quite a few episodes that can be real eye-openers about all sorts of things.

Do I need to keep going? Because I can, I can keep going pretty much forever.

Quote:
No they would be called racists for their attack on a person of color, and it would be correctly labeled a hate crime.

But if you're white and attacked by a group of persons with a different skin color, everyone tip toes around the fact that such was a hate crime.
Except no, not really, at all. If you really believe that either of those statements are facts give me some evidence.
-Carbon Leaf