Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #6276
MissCheyenne

I thought Mum having lung cancer was bad enough but we found out today that she also has a brain tumor. They don't yet know if they can operate. Fuck.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #6277
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCheyenne View Post
I thought Mum having lung cancer was bad enough but we found out today that she also has a brain tumor. They don't yet know if they can operate. Fuck.
That sucks. Tell your mother how much she means to you and how much you love her, if you don't already. I hope they are able to operate or do something for your mom, luv. *HUGZ*

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:02 PM   #6278
Versus

I was going to briefly bitch about something, but I realize being an ice cream taster isn't so bad. My condolences, MC.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #6279
Ben Lahnger

MissCheyenne, I'm so sorry to hear this additional bad news. Life can be such a bastard sometimes; just when you think your heart and spirit can take no more, it shoots you another dose.

There's not much I can do in my feeble capacity to type a few empathetic words on the fading ether of the internet that could comfort you much, but you are in my thoughts.

I suspect this is a good place to bitch about the unfairness of this turn of events, but there are other places on the internet where you can connect with other people who are dealing with the same or similar tragedy, and they might be able to offer more in the way of support. Your mom's care facility might be able to point you in the right direction.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #6280
Saya

Quote:
I'm so sorry! I really can't type anything that I'm satisfied with, but just to let you know if I could I'd be over there with boston cream cupcakes and condolence cuddles. That's just so unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus
I was going to briefly bitch about something, but I realize being an ice cream taster isn't so bad. My condolences, MC.
<3
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #6281
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I refuse to give condolences when she isn't dead, instead I shall wish your mother luck in the hopefully short fight ahead! Kick the tumor and cancer's asses out of there.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #6282
Grausamkeit

I love your perspective on things, Ren. You have a great point, hun.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #6283
Mr.Doobie

I've got a friend with a fucked up mom, man.

Just got done talking to her on the phone, she's in the hospital because she downed a bottle of pills. Tried to kill herself. Her girlfriend saved her. She did it because of her mom and the fucked relationship she has with her. It was totally abusive, but she maintains it was perfectly normal and healthy. Fuck that, her mom made her lick her food off the floor if she put her elbows on the table or spoke too loudly at dinner. I remember going over to her house one day, I forget what we did right now, but her mom punished us by duct taping us together. My friend had to use the bathroom, her mom wouldn't untie us so she could. So she pissed herself. My dad was so pissed when I got home and told him this.

But her mom never ***** her or beat her, so she doesn't think it's abuse, she just thinks her mom was creative with her punishments and, thus, a good mom. So now my friend thinks she's a piece of shit, and she's depressed, but she won't see a psychologist because she's got this fucking martyr shit going about how she's a piece of shit so she deserves to be like this and her mom deserved to treat her like this, or some shit.

And I told her you're not some fucking piece of shit, your a great person, and your mom is the piece of shit, and you're a victim, get help. She still won't.

Fuck.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:53 AM   #6284
Ben Lahnger

She needs some perspective on what constitutes abuse. It has nothing to do with the behavior of the child, the content of the child's character or even the child's worth. It is a social standard of what is acceptable behavior for parents (grown adults) when they correct and discipline their children.

Alaska's Hot Sauce Mom Found Guilty of Child Abuse

Quote:
An Alaska mother of six has been found guilty of child abuse for forcing her son to drink hot sauce and take cold showers on a taped segment of the "Dr. Phil" show.
Cop And Wife Cited For Child Abuse

Quote:
Parents were cited for giving their toddler sips of alcohol and allowing the child to eat food off the floor at a Lone Tree restaurant. One of the parents is a police officer. The child did not appear to be drunk and did not require medical attention, police say.
That was just the result of a brief search of recent Google News stories. We've all seen stories of people convicted of child abuse for leaving their children in a car, keeping them in a cage or chaining them up. Binding a child with duct tape the exactly the same thing.

She needs to see that child abuse (use of excessive, punishing force) can take different forms than just rrape or beating (although I think the duct tape IS physical abuse.) It can be verbal and psychological abuse that can have just as much of a long-term, detrimental impact on a child as doing something physical.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 AM   #6285
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doobie View Post
I've got a friend with a fucked up mom, man.

Just got done talking to her on the phone, she's in the hospital because she downed a bottle of pills. Tried to kill herself. Her girlfriend saved her. She did it because of her mom and the fucked relationship she has with her. It was totally abusive, but she maintains it was perfectly normal and healthy. Fuck that, her mom made her lick her food off the floor if she put her elbows on the table or spoke too loudly at dinner. I remember going over to her house one day, I forget what we did right now, but her mom punished us by duct taping us together. My friend had to use the bathroom, her mom wouldn't untie us so she could. So she pissed herself. My dad was so pissed when I got home and told him this.

But her mom never ***** her or beat her, so she doesn't think it's abuse, she just thinks her mom was creative with her punishments and, thus, a good mom. So now my friend thinks she's a piece of shit, and she's depressed, but she won't see a psychologist because she's got this fucking martyr shit going about how she's a piece of shit so she deserves to be like this and her mom deserved to treat her like this, or some shit.

And I told her you're not some fucking piece of shit, your a great person, and your mom is the piece of shit, and you're a victim, get help. She still won't.

Fuck.
Don't give up, Doobz. You may not see it immediately, but talking with her about it will help her figure out that it's not her fault eventually.

It took me many years to admit that I didn't deserve to get hit in the head with a belt buckle just for calling my mom a bitch, yes she really was a drunken neglectful whore for the greater part of my childhood and everything that happened to my brother was her fault and not mine.

It's going to be a long, hard road for your friend, babe. She will need friends like you to remind her that she is a wonderful person who was treated like shit. Once she starts processing some of the things in her past and dealing with them her depression may lessen. You're a great friend to care so much about her, Doobz. *HUGZ*

Old 08-31-2011, 08:15 AM   #6286
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
drinking hot sauce
Yeah her mom made her do that. She thinks it's perfectly fine. This morning I was talking to her and she said she wishes she might be able to be half the woman her mother is, that she's planning on raising her kids the exact same way. That pissed me off so much, I felt like if she was actually in the same room with me I might have slapped her.

Her girlfriend says the night before she took the pills, that my friend had put her food on the floor and started eating it like her mom used to make her. Her girlfriend stopped her. Seriously, can't she see that she is fucking fucked up?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:26 AM   #6287
CuckooTuli

Man alive, Doob - that's five kinds of fucked up. Particularly the part about planning on raising her kids the same way. Hope you can get through before more lives are ruined, for her sake AND her theoretical future kids'... sounds like you're being a good mate though.

Quote:
I don't know what to say except I'll be thinking of you guys. Let us know as soon as you know what's up - meanwhile, I'll be crossing everything for you.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #6288
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Doobie View Post
Yeah her mom made her do that. She thinks it's perfectly fine. This morning I was talking to her and she said she wishes she might be able to be half the woman her mother is, that she's planning on raising her kids the exact same way. That pissed me off so much, I felt like if she was actually in the same room with me I might have slapped her.

Her girlfriend says the night before she took the pills, that my friend had put her food on the floor and started eating it like her mom used to make her. Her girlfriend stopped her. Seriously, can't she see that she is fucking fucked up?
While I'm not saying don't help her and I think you're being a great friend, don't burn yourself out trying to save her. Take care of yourself.

Mini rant: My sister drives me insane sometimes. Some guy passed out drunk in front of the bar where she works, and some other guy came along and stuck his balls in his mouth. Everyone around was laughing and taking pictures, she said, and she too thought it was hilarious. Yes, sexual assault is hilarious!

Gloria Steinem was on Colbert last night as well, and I have no idea what they were talking about because immediately my sister started making fun of how she looks, apparently for a 77 year old to have colourless lips and not wear makeup is a sin and obviously she's an old coot who lives in the past? She said "I can't take feminists. I am NOT a feminist." I'm sitting right here!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #6289
Vince

i could write about yet another 100F day (not including the bitch heat index) and not able to kick on the a/c because the fuel cost alone for the electricity bill is over 100$.

i could say that in the last three days my heart has been rendered a little hollow shell. Honestly, i think back on what one said to me and how the other reacted when i tried to express how i feel about her...and i feel nothing. It's an odd feeling to say the least.

i could go on about numerous other things that make my life seem like shit...but at the end of day they all pale in comparison to what some people and their families are going through right now.

My heart, what is left, goes out to all of you. May tomorrow be better than today.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:30 PM   #6290
MissCheyenne

Thanks guys.The doctors are consulting with the neurosurgeons either tomorrow or Friday so we should have a better idea of what's going on by the start of next week.

I am your slice of pie
Old 08-31-2011, 04:09 PM   #6291
Grausamkeit

Vin, where is that bitch? I will give her nightmares!

Old 09-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #6292
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Shit girl, that's one bitch of a blow on top of the year you guys've ALREADY had.

There's probably not much anyone can say that's going to make you feel better about this, and I wish I were near enough to give you a giant bear-hug. But for what it's worth, I'll be rooting for her. Keep us up to speed when you find out what's up.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #6293
MissCheyenne

Thanks AC. Don't really know what else to say apart from that really.

I am your slice of pie
Old 09-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #6294
KissMeDeadly

So now I and my fiance have scabies.

Awesome.

I have no idea who had it first or how we got it, but we do
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:39 PM   #6295
vindicatedxjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Vin's in lo0o0o0o0o0ove!

Vin's in lo0o0o0o0o0ove!

Vin's in lo0o0o0o0o0ove!

Go out and get 'em. Don't be shy!
The fuck? There's another Vin? HOW DARE YOU GUYS.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #6296
MissCheyenne

It's because we missed you so much. You left us and it made us sad so we had to find a subsitute to tide us over.

I am your slice of pie
Old 09-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #6297
vindicatedxjin

Mmmhmmm.... whatev.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #6298
MissCheyenne

Awww, don't be like that baby. You know you're special to us.

I am your slice of pie
Old 09-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #6299
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
The fuck? There's another Vin? HOW DARE YOU GUYS.
You've been gone too long and have been replaced.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #6300
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Well my parents got home awhile ago from heading up to green bay. They ate supper on the way back. You know what they did when they got home? they ate the leftover Lasagnia that was in the fridge that was for my supper, despite having leftovers from their supper. My mothers explaination "we had a late supper before", my brother's explaination"I wasn't hungry before"(this was in reference to his first supper) and "I was hungry now" (in reference to his eating of my lasagnia rather than his leftovers). The only thing I had to eat all day was some Dorritos and now I'm stuck with their leftovers.

Funny thing is my mother always complains "well my parents always got the best stuff and the kids were stuck with lesser quality food, so you shouldn't be eating such good food either". I just love how they neglect my need for at least one meal a day and then claim I'm eating better than them. I can handle eating just one meal a day, but I can't handle people complaining about me eating all of the food while only eating a meal a day

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote