Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-27-2020, 12:46 PM   #1
TrivialMorose

Goth Points Game

While writing a bit about a TV-show called Powers in the “wierd things” thread where I’m normally supposed to contain my shitposting, I got an “excellent” idea, so, I just had to spill my sick over to here as well, so, without further ado, here it is, my new shitposting game called

Goth Points Game:

It’s real simple, “you” can give a goth point to something “you” like, or, I don’t know, several, if “you” like it enough, or something… Yeah…

And then, like, if something gets a lot of goth points, “we” can announce it to be a real goth thing, or something.

Also, you can’t just hand out points willy-nilly, first you have to tell a bit about why you like the thing first.

Also, I suppose “you” can make up new rules if “you” feel like it, but “you” can’t contradict any already established rules. And I’m the judge here with perfect clarity of vision and final say! I’m like the Goth Emperor when we sit in this thread! Bwahahaha!

Fuck yeah, “guys”! “Cool”, right?

Watch me go first.

Michael Madsen is a great actor. He pretty much carried Powers all on his own, and Vengeance Unlimited with him on the lead was the tits back in the day.

I like Michael Madsen, so I’ll give him a goth point.

If “you” have some sweet memories of Michael Madsen, now would be a good time to join in on the fun and share them, or throw “your” goth points at some other stupid thing.

Yeah. It’s still the silence on this forum, “you guys”… I’m telling “you”…

PS. Hey! Hey! Look at my ass-hat!
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:08 AM   #2
Midnight_Carnival

As the kind of person who posts this kind of thing, approve of it as a game (although I can't guarentee I'll play)
If I thought you were taking this seriously, I'd caution that goths (generally speaking) are so far up their arses that the one surviving emo is holding interventions for sll the goths.
By which I mean any kind of "legit Goth" endorsement of anything immediately and irrevocably makes it "unGoth".
You want to make something Goth - get every goth you know to say how "unGoth" it is, then crudely plaster it in high-gloss black enamel paint (the streakier the paint job the better) - knock some chromed spikes into it as well as festooning it with silver pentacles and or crucifixes (whichever way round - all, including the spikes).
Seriously, the teltelitubbies - no way they're Goth! painted black, chrome spiked and religious symboled? Goth as fuck.
Some bitchy slutpop teenage bubblgum whore (I don't know who's popular right now) - paint her black with enamel paint, stick spikes and shit through her - Goth as fuck...
Midnight_Carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 06:24 PM   #3
CountWhiteandDrawn

I like it, and in a futile attempt to stave off the tomb-like silence up in this biz, I'll shout one out.

Shakespeare: Goth AF
My goal for 2020 was to read his collected works. I didn't make it, but I'm close to sealing the deal. Seriously, what trad goth band didn't reference Ophelia from Hamlet at some point? I'm pretty sure there are about half a dozen bands named for her. Also, all of Titus Andronicus: goth AF. The villainess IS a Goth! By which of couse I mean the Germanic Peoples, but in my mind as I read, she was clad head to toe in black vinyl.
CountWhiteandDrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 02:30 AM   #4
TrivialMorose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountWhiteandDrawn View Post
I like it, and in a futile attempt to stave off the tomb-like silence up in this biz, I'll shout one out.

Shakespeare: Goth AF
My goal for 2020 was to read his collected works. I didn't make it, but I'm close to sealing the deal. Seriously, what trad goth band didn't reference Ophelia from Hamlet at some point? I'm pretty sure there are about half a dozen bands named for her. Also, all of Titus Andronicus: goth AF. The villainess IS a Goth! By which of couse I mean the Germanic Peoples, but in my mind as I read, she was clad head to toe in black vinyl.
And don't forget the ill-starred wench, Desdemona. I'll sure throw Shakespeare a point, as well.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:28 AM   #5
Midnight_Carnival

myself I prefered Christopher Marlowe, way darker.

But speaking of Shakespeare, there was a movie I saw once in which Vincent Price played a disgraced actor who went about murdering his critics by recreating some of the bloodiest scenes in Shakespeare's plays.
...almost too Goth...
I can't remember the name of the movie or I'd watch it again.
Old 02-20-2021, 03:43 PM   #6
TrivialMorose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Carnival View Post
a movie in which Vincent Price played a disgraced actor who went about murdering his critics by recreating some of the bloodiest scenes in Shakespeare's plays.
Theater of Blood.

Grew up loving Vincent Price, especially the Poe films. So much fun. I'd toss him some shiny GPs, except I don't think that's necessary...

You might say it would be pointless.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:49 PM   #7
Midnight_Carnival

Theater of Blood.

Thanks!

Yes, I didn't send any Goth Points to Vincent because he doesn't need them.

I think I'll give mine to 2 voice actors I love:
Tony Jay
Claudia Black

Why?

Because they sound Goth!
They are/were cast exclusively as villains based on how their voices sound.