Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Commentary
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Commentary Dicussion and feedback for Gothic.net articles, fiction, and news. This is where the community gets to add their thoughts and perhaps constructive opinions about the fiction and articles and such.

Old 12-14-2005, 05:31 PM   #1
Eeegor

Petition by David J. Schow

Quote:
Abel Swift bandaged up his hand as best he could, given that there were no dressings or hydrogen peroxide in the apartment. To buy that kind of stuff from a bodega he would have to hump down six floors of stairs, and Abel hated exerting himself to waste money. He mummied up his hand with one of his wife's halter tops tied in a knot, which gifted him with a bonus twinge of revenge. It served her right.
Read the full article
Eeegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:12 PM   #2
Circle V

I enjoyed this story quite a bit. While the writing was a bit too fancy, particularly in the prayer portion of the story, the whole premise was interesting and different. Abel's character was too simple for my tastes, but I suppose that there's only so much character development that can go on in a short story. The dialogue toward the end substituted profanity for subtlety and suffered for it.

Despite my bitching, I really did enjoy the story. Abel was saufficiently slimy, the premise was quite original, and the detail was vivid. A fine job by Mr. Schow.