Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-19-2006, 09:45 AM   #26
NachtSorcier

In my opinion, the original post was a work of art in itself...almost poetic in some places.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:18 AM   #27
WolfMoon

Awwww, that's so cute!

It can type!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:34 AM   #28
nuksaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADSEED
And no I mean "lets" and I only take corrections in grammar from Xng, thank you very much.
I know I am not Xng but V. Dryad is correct. 'Let's' is the contraction form of let us. 'Lets' means to allow; to rent; to cause to; to permit, proceed or depart; to award. And the context of your statement: "...let us see..." is the one which makes grammatical sense.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #29
Virulent Dryad

Of course I am correct, he just doesn't like corrections from anyone other than Xng. An inferiority complex or something, who knows.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:00 AM   #30
BADSEED

Let's not forget that i finally did come back under good graces. After that senseless bloody battle.
BADSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:05 AM   #31
Virulent Dryad

Sounds good to me.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Old 05-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #32
Virulent Dryad

Hmm, well I don't recall reading anything from you. I was just about to though...
Old 05-19-2006, 11:41 AM   #33
Virulent Dryad

Good point. I totally missed the anal part of all this.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:03 PM   #34
BADSEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Sweetie, she told me what happened.

It was fucking creepy.

Creepy is the name of my game but innocent, I promise you!!!!
Remember "DCreep" nick name for a reason of gameness.
Also blown out of proportion and only one side was heard since I was banished! HaHa
If I was that fucking horrible of a person I wouldn't have friends!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:04 PM   #35
Disfunction

Hitler had friends, just to note, and most people are pretty sure that he was a horrible person.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:15 PM   #36
BADSEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
Hitler had friends, just to note, and most people are pretty sure that he was a horrible person.
And your point is? Are you making an association between me and Hitler? WTF
Old 05-19-2006, 01:18 PM   #37
Disfunction

Quote:
And your point is? Are you making an association between me and Hitler? WTF
You said

Quote:
If I was that fucking horrible of a person I wouldn't have friends!
So I said that even Hitler had friends, so your statement isn't a valid one, since most people think him, generally, to be the pinnacle of horrible incarnate.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:21 PM   #38
BADSEED

Quote:
You said

So I said that even Hitler had friends, so your statement isn't a valid one, since most people think him, generally, to be the pinnacle of horrible incarnate.
OK I get it but please don't use me and Hitler in the same post, Please.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #39
Disfunction

Quote:
OK I get it but please don't use me and Hitler in the same post, Please.
I'm like Hitler. I enjoy art, as did he.
I'm like Hitler. I know how to say "Good day" in German, as did he.
I'm like Hitler. I eat food, as did he.
I'm like Hitler. Politics interests me, as it did he.
I'm like Hitler. I am a human being.

And here's the show stopper: I'm like Hitler; I am a vegetarian, as was he.

Unlike Hitler, however, I've yet to succeed politically, and I am not as fortunately gifted with the capacity to grow such a fashionable moustache.

I don't see why on earth you'd be so offended by the fact that, using logic, I nullified the basis of your statement in a fashion intended, more or less, humourously. If you're going to be upset about that, then I shan't tell you not to do so, but I honestly just can't see the point.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #40
BADSEED

Quote:

And here's the show stopper: I'm like Hitler; I am a vegetarian, as was he.

Unlike Hitler, however, I've yet to succeed politically, and I am not as fortunately gifted with the capacity to grow such a fashionable moustache.

I don't see why on earth you'd be so offended by the fact that, using logic, I nullified the basis of your statement in a fashion intended, more or less, humourously. If you're going to be upset about that, then I shan't tell you not to do so, but I honestly just can't see the point.
I'm really not offended Dis. And you've always been ok with me.
No beef here!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #41
Nike

...because with I'm like Hitler you usually don't associate "I enjoy art, as did he*, but *I'm responsible for a genocide, I believe in aryan supremacy*, because that was what shattered the world and not his interest for arts?

I'd be offended, I have to admit.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:35 PM   #42
BADSEED

Quote:
Hun, didn't you get at least 3 new screen names to explain your side? And weren't you given an opportunity to explain your side before banishment?

Cuz that's how I remember it.
I had to keep coming back to defend myself from the slanderous, and untrue accusations that were flying around.
Then I honored the ban, then I was let back as DCreep by the administration. There was alot of people throwing around wrong accusations. It's funny on the internet you can say anything and someone will take it as the gospel, evidence or no evidence.

Anyway that's old news and irrelevant to this thread!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #43
Sobeh

Quote:
Bad baseline fallacy. Those above are common to a great many people; to say someone is 'like' Hitler is to say that there are some unique characteristics that make Hitler unique, and that the person being compared to Hitler shares in some crucial respects those unique traits. The question is then well, what are those traits? Why do we know the name Hitler, and not the names of all the other human beings who eat food, care about politics, and speak German? I'd have to say, because he was a pretty fucktastic dictatorial personality with a sinister and evil cunning combined with racism. He had a pretty high IQ as well, but nevertheless, there are very specific connotations to his name.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:38 PM   #44
Nike

well, on the other hand, you're right, he was a human being like any of us and human beings are capable of comitting a lot of atrocities given the adequate situation.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #45
BADSEED

Quote:
That's true, but she's still one of my best friends (even though she doesn't post here) so you'll understand why I'm more willing to believe her.
Well understood, if you remember at one time long long ago you were my first friend, and the first person to talk to me. But I totally understand where your coming from!

PEEEEAAAAASSSSSSS!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:42 PM   #46
BADSEED

Dude, as long as no one calls me Hitler I'm cool.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:47 PM   #47
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobeh
Bad baseline fallacy. Those above are common to a great many people; to say someone is 'like' Hitler is to say that there are some unique characteristics that make Hitler unique, and that the person being compared to Hitler shares in some crucial respects those unique traits. The question is then well, what are those traits? Why do we know the name Hitler, and not the names of all the other human beings who eat food, care about politics, and speak German? I'd have to say, because he was a pretty fucktastic dictatorial personality with a sinister and evil cunning combined with racism. He had a pretty high IQ as well, but nevertheless, there are very specific connotations to his name.
While those were certainly "general" assertions, the point I was getting at wasn't the fact that he was like Hitler at all, nor did I even specifically make that comment. I said that Hitler is generally thought to be a horrible person and he had friends; as such, suggesting that having friends lifts the suspicion of being a horrible person isn't at all a valid assertion to make. Can you debate that point? I certainly hope not.

And that's where I'm getting at. Am I a horrible person because I consume food, am a vegetarian, enjoy art, etc.? No. Does having friends make him a horrible person, simply because Hitler had friends as well? No. Does it make his assertion that he can't be that horrible a person because he has friends invalid? Certainly.

Now step off.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #48
BADSEED

Quote:
While those were certainly "general" assertions, the point I was getting at wasn't the fact that he was like Hitler at all, nor did I even specifically make that comment. I said that Hitler is generally thought to be a horrible person and he had friends; as such, suggesting that having friends lifts the suspicion of being a horrible person isn't at all a valid assertion to make. Can you debate that point? I certainly hope not.

And that's where I'm getting at. Am I a horrible person because I consume food, am a vegetarian, enjoy art, etc.? No. Does having friends make him a horrible person, simply because Hitler had friends as well? No. Does it make his assertion that he can't be that horrible a person because he has friends invalid? Certainly.

Now step off.
Are you still trying to bust my stones bro?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #49
Disfunction

Quote:
Are you still trying to bust my stones bro?
I have not in any way, shape, or form attempted to bust your stones while you've been a member under this user name. Your stones are as safe as they would be in a safe deposit box in a bank that has been longsince forgotten by man and time and covered in a deep layer of irony and sand.

Old 05-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #50
BADSEED

Cool cause you were always alright with me Dis.
Not to shine your ass or anything.