Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
Pyre

Interviews

No, I did not forget, and neither did some of you judging by inquisitive PMs. I had to wait for my methods to be accepted and am currently waiting to get the A-OK on my interview questions. I figured it's probably better to create a new thread since the other one got a bit too lengthy, and I have a better idea of what I am looking for. Below will be a list of members who have already shown interest and given me their information, so you do not have to repost.

My aim is to understand and portray authenticity within the goth subculture, as well as the focus on subcultural capital (in layman's terms, a subcultural hierarchy, or whom is more goth than whom and why). To do this I ask that anyone interested in participating please contact me, either by posting the requested information here or PMing me. Also note that even if you are not interested in being interviewed I am also using posts and threads to form my research, so if you do not wish to be included at all, please let me know. However, all information obtained will be confidential and there will be no connection to the users: I will be using nicknames for every person that I make up given whatever system I decide to use.

Many of you have great posts, and I'd really appreciate it if everyone allowed me to use this information.

Getting more to the point, let it be known that this is for goths and goths only. All metalheads, rivetheads, punks, etc. please refrain from contacting me as you will skew my research. If you are not sure whether you are goth, then perhaps this is not for you as I prefer those who are confident in their status as they will yield more solid results.

When contacting me about your interest, please be sure to let me know how you'd like to be contacted. I can currently make use of AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Google, Skype. If none of these are preferable to you, let me know what is and I shall attempt working it out. Keep in mind, also, that I am time zone GMT -5 (U.S. and Canada East Coast), so if you're overseas I my be contacting you or requesting contact at less convenient hours, but I inconvenience myself by being awake at all hours of the night, so it should not pose any problems.

For those who are not quite sure, once I get the A-OK on my interview questions from my professor I will post them, and then you can determine whether you would like to participate or not.

Keep in mind that if you respond only to the questions posted on the forum you will be limiting my information as some answers may require yet-to-be-determined follow-ups. I am not trying to discourage you, but I may ask further questions.

I know this is a lot of information, and I apologize. I hope I left nothing out. Thank you for your time.

List of interested persons:

GothicusMaximus
Man in Room 5
UnderwaterOphelia
Solumina
Minyaliel
Corpsey
Cicero
Raptor
Malice in Wonderland
Desdemona
Draconysius
Sir Canvas Corpsey

If you think you are not "right" for this interview, please let me know.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
SiouxsiePernova

If you need any more participants, I am interested in being interviewed.
SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

I'm in. AIM me or just PM me.
I'm usually on AIM at night, and sporadically throughout the day.
I think I've PMed you my screen name, but if not, PM me and I'll give it to you.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Desdemona

I'm GMT, but I'm on pretty much in my afternoon which, I guess would be your late morning. And on MSN, that is, but I think you knew that.

Desdemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
Sinjob

I'd like to be apart (and yeah, obviously I consider myself Goth)

MSN me (it should be on my profile)
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
gothicusmaximus

You can AIM me whenever. I usually let it run while I'm working, which is often.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #7
Pyre

Bah. Sorry! I have been working on papers for other classes, so I only finally have time to get started on this paper (which is due Tuesday!). As such, I will try being available as much as possible starting today and through the weekend, so be prepared to hear from me if you have given me your information.

For those of you who have not given me screen names or anything of the like to contact you by, but you are interested, I will post the basic questions here. Keep in mind that if you explicitly expressed interest to me, then do not respond to these, as I would prefer asking you directly.

Feel free to post these here or PM me with your responses, particularly if you're afraid of confidentiality, or you're afraid others will harass you for your answers.
  • What is your age?
  • Approximately how long have you considered yourself goth?
  • For members ages 30+: Do you believe younger members have a different idea of what is goth? If so, can you discuss it?
  • What is goth to you, and/or how would you personally define it?
  • People have been known to define goth differently. Are there things you would not consider "goth" that others would consider "goth"?
  • Some people say that goth is a lifestyle. What do you think?
  • (Optional)
    Do you have different opinions of online goths as opposed to face-to-face goths? (To clarify, online goths may be in an area that has no scene, whereas face-to-face goths are able to actively participate in person.)

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #8
Unimatrix 00

I am interested. x

Ask me for my AIM.